Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Run (Most) Games Smooth, Completely Free! (Windows Only!)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
:w00t:Hey there!:w00t:

About me:

First of all, let me start of by giving you guys some things about me, to trust me! I am pretty new to the forums, but I will start to get on here like everyday.(I love the community!) So first of all I am a technician, working on business' computers for over 3 years! I am trained to work around computers, problems, bugs, reg. errors, and basically anything with the incapability to work the correct way when it comes to computers! I love them, that's why I chose this way to go :)... Anyways, to the part you came for:

Requirements:

1. A brain...

Steps:

1. Know that you will encounter problems that cannot be fixed like this with games, that you will eventually need to upgrade your system. I will later post what is recommended for high-end games.

2. Download "Game Booster". Located here: .

3. Right click your task bar, click "Start Task Manager".

4. In "Processes" tab, click on a program you do not need running for your game. (Do not be stupid and click "explorer.exe", "winlogon.exe", or anything your computer needs to run!)

5. Go in the bottom-right hand corner and press "End Process". It is now self-explanatory why not to press ANYTHING your computer needs to run! This integrated program is powerful, it can shut your whole computer down, and cause viruses if you end your anti-virus software! SO BE CAREFUL! But also don't be afraid to use it, computers are dumb they won't do anything, ANYTHING without a human being telling it what to do, with that being said, viruses by this program (really, any program, if you want to be technical) will be caused, only with self-stupidity!

6. Do steps 4-5 over and over until you no longer have any unnecessary programs running.

7. Open "Game Booster".

8. If there is a new update... UPDATE IT!

9. Click the little "+" and if your game isn't on there, press "Add Games" and find it.

10. Press the tab "Utilities" and "Boost".

11. Make sure that "Custom" is ticked!

12. Now, press ALL the programs you DON'T need, just like "Task Manager"... Only you will cause a virus, or for your computer to do malfunctions!

13. Go to the tab "Tweak" under "Utilities" make sure "Recommended" is ticked!

Go to the tab "Defrag" under "Utilities" and if your game isn't listed, press "Add Game" and find it.​

15. Select it, and press "Defrag".(Now, depending on how big your game is, this can take anywhere from 2 minutes to (possibly) an hour! But this speeds your game up tremendously!)

16. Press on "Drivers" and if you have none in there, you can skip this and step 17, but if you do... Press it and press "Download" it will take you to your driver's download website. Follow the steps on downloading it. (I cannot give you steps because every driver company is different.)

17. After successfully downloading it, press "Rescan". If there is another, redo step 16. If not, just go on to the next step.

18. Go back to the tab "Games", and press the play button on your game's tab thing.

19. Let it boost, and your game should start up.

20. If your game STILL lags go to your game's video options and lower them.

21. Still lagging? You need to do more technical work. Fixing your registry, deleting unused programs, exc.

22. STILL lagging after you did step 21? Get yourself more memory (RAM). Or a better Video Graphics Card!

:p:
Could I possibly get a like?
:p:

Last edited:
Google my name...
Reaction score
Re: How To Run (Most) Games Smooth, Completely Free! (Windows Only!)

I wouldn't bother with all that closing of processes, most of the processes will not cause a huge difference in performance. Having applications open is a different story, I close everything down (especially Skype).

As for your link, why are you linking to iobit's download? Razer hosts it themselves: <- also up-to-date

I agree with everything else really, although I find regular defragmenting of my machine using and dealing with registry etc.. using is much more efficient than defragmenting a single game...

If you have bought hardware that is generally rubbish it's not always easy to get driver updates, all my hardware has software that does regular updates to my drivers, people should look for software provided by the hardware companies rather than 3rd party software.

I do agree with using Razer Game Booster, it does help. Also for those that use Skype and find it annoys them while playing, get all your friends to get , it's built specifically to work with gaming (it's not 100% – still in BETA, but I still prefer it over anything else)

Hope this helps.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

If you really are a computer technician, then why are you recommending this software('game booster')? You would know it's useless.

Using a program to fix your 'lag' is like eating poop to fix eating poop.

It won't do ANYTHING.

Causes of your lag:
crappy pc (that pentium D dualcore you still use with 512mb of ram and a gt 6400 and an old 20gb ide)
crappy internet (your moms 54k modem)
Bloated OS with every poop program and virus you find online. (windows xp/7/8 with gamebooster + all the viruses you got while downloading that freemovie.exe)

Google my name...
Reaction score

If you really are a computer technician, then why are you recommending this software('game booster')? You would know it's useless.

It won't do ANYTHING.

Causes of your lag:
crappy pc (that pentium D dualcore you still use with 512mb of ram and a gt 6400 and an old 20gb ide)
Bloated OS with every poop program and virus you find online. (windows xp/7/8 with gamebooster + all the viruses you got while downloading that freemovie.exe)

Although I do enjoy your description at the end of the causes of lag, of which all is very true. You are wrong about game booster. It is specifically built to manage the resources of the games and choose the optimal settings for your game play. I will not say I am a computer technician because I am not, but I do know that the software works.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Although I do enjoy your description at the end of the causes of lag, of which all is very true. You are wrong about game booster. It is specifically built to manage the resources of the games and choose the optimal settings for your game play. I will not say I am a computer technician because I am not, but I do know that the software works.

this software is for ppl who dont know computers well IE this guy.

Google my name...
Reaction score

this software is for ppl who dont know computers well IE this guy.

Surely the fact this section is "Tech Tips & Tutorials" means that it's not going to be filled with people who know computers so well that they don't need this tutorial..?

Great, you know how to optimise your own gameplay without the use of this software, but where the hell is your tutorial on how to do it?

This software works and will be useful to people who don't know computers as well as you.

Stop slating the software.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

It won't do ANYTHING.

Causes of your lag:

Everything I said in the post >.> Sorry bro, but I stated all of these causes. Except the internet. Because most people like single player based games. Well internet has NOTHING to do with lag, unless it's a multiplayer game. WITH different IP's connecting.(I said that because there are some games that you can play either on the same keyboard, which is outdated, or on LAN)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

It doesnt do much.. It just for extremely lag game to be better(Still lag but better)

Back