Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Film] Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
IMDb:
Wiki:

"Soldiers behold the new technology we have invented!," your commander shouts. "We shall take back what is ours and free ourselves from this invasion! We will win the day and the war! Lets do this!" Two hours later, the fleet is destroyed and now you stand alone versus the enemy. In the end, you die, but when you wake up, "Soldiers behold the new technology we have invented!," your commander shouts. You wonder what the hell is going on... not only you, Private Cage (Tom Cruise) wonders as well. Join him as he fights off the invasion and finds out why is he reliving this day over and over again.

It was a good movie. The suits were pretty sick. The only thing I think they were missing was melee tools, but Im not sure (only thing I saw was a sword, but only one person had it). The idea of the movie was based off a , which I havent read :p: The graphics were really nice. There were times where the movie seemed rushed, but you will understand why it was when you watch it.

A good movie; insane armor (7.8/10; could be watched twice)

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I liked it too. It had some nice bits of humor mixed in with an overall serious and decent story line. Typically when I watch a movie I know what is going to happen before it does, and I admit I was close but not quite right on with this one. I liked the strong female role in this as well, a strong but not overdone character.

When I saw the preview I honestly thought this reminded me of a game. You know you play and die and respawn and do it all over again. That isn't what is going on with this at all, but very interesting concept.

I also thought the monsters were really cool. I loved the idea of an alpha and the way it worked made a lot of logical sense to me. Which I hope doesn't give anything a way but that probably makes no sense if you haven't seen it.

I would recommend seeing this, it wasn't my favorite ever, but I did enjoy it.

Here are a few more detailed opinions you shouldn't read until you've seen it:
Two things really stood out to me as being off.

First, Cage was on TV encouraging people to be recruits. He even said he was responsible for recruiting, millions was it? When he ended up as a Private, how did NONE of those soldiers recognize him? Seriously? if he was responsible for recruiting so many through his TV appearances no one recognizes him? I found that to be very unbelievable.

I did enjoy that the cocky guy was knocked off his high-horse, and even though he was such a hot shot in reality he couldn't do anything.

One other thing was off was the timeline at the end. So we'll say he flew into London on a Monday. Later he ended up at the barracks/training facility, and then on Tuesday they were on the beach for battle.

Well at the end, they flew to Paris early Tuesday morning, and ended it before the battle on the beach even started. That makes perfect sense. But when he wakes up, it is back on Monday again, and at that time the enemy is already defeated, which means it had to have happened on Monday morning instead of Tuesday. So I found that a little odd, but at the same time, he wouldn't have ended up at the barracks to be woken up because that will never take place in the new time line. Right?

Reaction score
I thought this film was really good, I always like watching Cruise in films because he is just a remarkable actor, the only thing that did confuse me was when he woke up in the morning in the helicopter rather than at the airbase. This did also remind me of the film 'Source Code'.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I liked it too. It had some nice bits of humor mixed in with an overall serious and decent story line. Typically when I watch a movie I know what is going to happen before it does, and I admit I was close but not quite right on with this one. I liked the strong female role in this as well, a strong but not overdone character.

When I saw the preview I honestly thought this reminded me of a game. You know you play and die and respawn and do it all over again. That isn't what is going on with this at all, but very interesting concept.

I also thought the monsters were really cool. I loved the idea of an alpha and the way it worked made a lot of logical sense to me. Which I hope doesn't give anything a way but that probably makes no sense if you haven't seen it.

I would recommend seeing this, it wasn't my favorite ever, but I did enjoy it.

Here are a few more detailed opinions you shouldn't read until you've seen it:
Two things really stood out to me as being off.

First, Cage was on TV encouraging people to be recruits. He even said he was responsible for recruiting, millions was it? When he ended up as a Private, how did NONE of those soldiers recognize him? Seriously? if he was responsible for recruiting so many through his TV appearances no one recognizes him? I found that to be very unbelievable.

I did enjoy that the cocky guy was knocked off his high-horse, and even though he was such a hot shot in reality he couldn't do anything.

One other thing was off was the timeline at the end. So we'll say he flew into London on a Monday. Later he ended up at the barracks/training facility, and then on Tuesday they were on the beach for battle.

Well at the end, they flew to Paris early Tuesday morning, and ended it before the battle on the beach even started. That makes perfect sense. But when he wakes up, it is back on Monday again, and at that time the enemy is already defeated, which means it had to have happened on Monday morning instead of Tuesday. So I found that a little odd, but at the same time, he wouldn't have ended up at the barracks to be woken up because that will never take place in the new time line. Right?

Not knowing who he was fine I think; I dont know what happens in the military, but I believe the "J-Squad" was told before that they were getting a new member. They didnt know he was a deserter, since they were surprised by the clothing he (Cage) was wearing. I dont think knowing the creator of the machines would change much, but remember that a lot wasnt shown when he joined the team (later on in the movie, you could see them doing drills. This wasnt shown in previous resets and I believe no event caused the drills to show up in the later resets. I think they just werent shown in the first resets to make the movie a little shorter.

Im bad at remembering specifics of a movie after I have watched it only once, but from what I remember, there were no days? I probably missed that detail, but I presume the Omega gave him a better time manipulating power, compared to the Alpha's, thus allowing him to reset even further back, to a point where he was never a deserter and was in good standing.

I thought this film was really good, I always like watching Cruise in films because he is just a remarkable actor, the only thing that did confuse me was when he woke up in the morning in the helicopter rather than at the airbase. This did also remind me of the film 'Source Code'.

I think that the reason behind that was of the Omega's blood instead of the Alpha's blood. The Omega is stronger, thus allowing him to shift time further back to a point where nothing bad happened to him (after he got off the helicopter is pretty much where his life went downhill).

Back