Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[FILM] The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread for this film but I decided to make one for it, considering they just released a teaser trailer today!!!!!!!!!

I am so hyped about this film, I can not literally wait until December just to see the outcome of the film, after that insane bombshell of an ending in the Desolation of Smaug. Arghhh I just can't wait, a lot of critics are bashing Jackson because some of the stuff he added and removed from Tolkien's original.

Here is the teaser trailer though.... I didn't want it to end :*:

Master Summoner
Reaction score
From what I have seen, Thorin seems to be the cause of this war. He isnt seen in the LOTR series, so I assume he dies in this one (and the rest of the dwarfs). Speculations can only be made when you haven tread the book :p: Cant wait to watch this movie as well. I spent money to watch the 2nd one; might do it again for the 3rd.

Preparing
Reaction score
I have not seen the second part yet.... Someone give me a synopsis.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I have not seen the second part yet.... Someone give me a synopsis.

The dwarves, Baggins and Gandalf continue their journey to take back their homeland ( The dwarves homeland - Erebor ) from Smaug. Which is the giant dragon that takes over Erebor. Baggins gets "The Ring" from Smeagol/Gollum. They meet Elves on their journey (Legolas) who capture them but their manage to escape. The end is Smaug flying towards the river city.

Thats all I can remember.

Preparing
Reaction score
The dwarves, Baggins and Gandalf continue their journey to take back their homeland ( The dwarves homeland - Erebor ) from Smaug. Which is the giant dragon that takes over Erebor. Baggins gets "The Ring" from Smeagol/Gollum. They meet Elves on their journey (Legolas) who capture them but their manage to escape. The end is Smaug flying towards the river city.

Thats all I can remember.

I think I will get a dvd and watch it :p

The trailer is awesome!! The actors are chosen well!!

Reaction score
From what I have seen, Thorin seems to be the cause of this war. He isnt seen in the LOTR series, so I assume he dies in this one (and the rest of the dwarfs). Speculations can only be made when you haven tread the book :p: Cant wait to watch this movie as well. I spent money to watch the 2nd one; might do it again for the 3rd.

And if he doesn't die, it's reasonable since it's a pretty big gap between the ages here and in LOTR

Reaction score
To be honest, I found it to be a big fest of boring-ness. They didn't have to make this film and quite frankly I am disappointed with it. The movie has barely any story progression, and 85% of the movie is fighting - without any progression in the story - there are a couple of fighting scenes which are good but lets face it who watches movie's for the fighting alone? No one.

I honestly believe you can watch the first several minutes and then skip to the end 20 minutes and still understand the story, yes you would have a few little blanks but that's easily understood.

They could have just extended the final movie by 30 - 40 minutes and had no need for a third movie.

Rogu3
Reaction score
To be honest, I found it to be a big fest of boring-ness. They didn't have to make this film and quite frankly I am disappointed with it. The movie has barely any story progression, and 85% of the movie is fighting - without any progression in the story - there are a couple of fighting scenes which are good but lets face it who watches movie's for the fighting alone? No one.

I honestly believe you can watch the first several minutes and then skip to the end 20 minutes and still understand the story, yes you would have a few little blanks but that's easily understood.

They could have just extended the final movie by 30 - 40 minutes and had no need for a third movie.
It was for the money obviously and it can't be a trilogy without a third movie. I honestly just think they should have cut a huge part of the fighting out and added in some explanations and what not. I remember discussing it with my brother (LOTR/Hobbit Fiend) afterwards and not remembering half the crap he was talking about. He only knew about it because he read the books. Did you know the huge bear was actually a character and not one of Radagast's (little brown wizard) animals? Beorn is an actual meaningful character to the plot, and I had no clue who the hell he was. This makes me a little mad about this movie.

Back