Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Film] The Internet's Own Boy - The Story of Aaron Swartz

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi! Another quick film I recently watched..

Title: The Internet's Own Boy - The Story of Aaron Swartz
Rating: 9/10
Released: 2014
Genre: Documentary

Main Plot:

The story of programming prodigy and information activist Aaron Swartz. From Swartz's help in the development of the basic internet protocol RSS to his co-founding of Reddit, his fingerprints are all over the internet. But it was Swartz's groundbreaking work in social justice and political organizing combined with his aggressive approach to information access that ensnared him in a two year legal nightmare. It was a battle that ended with the taking of his own life at the age of 26. Aaron's story touched a nerve with people far beyond the online communities in which he was a celebrity. This film is a personal story about what we lose when we are tone deaf about technology and its relationship to our civil liberties.

Review:

When I first saw this film advertised, I was instantly captivated by this because of how I am up-to-date with the work of Aaron Swartz and was instantly trying to find out when I could see this movie.

The award-winning documentary is such-like an autobiography by going through from his childhood to the day he committed suicide.. We start to see him as a child being introduced to a computer at a very young age and taking off with new ideas almost instantly. We start to see how he starts to develop RSS and then moves on to sites like reddit.. We then see what was activism against internet rights turn to hackivism which we lands him in huge trouble with the justice system. The punishment he could have faced was $1,000,000 fine along with upto 35 years in prison..

Absolutely great film to watch and would recommend it to anyone!

~ Jamie

Back