Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Film] Quarantine (2008)

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi! Another review on a different genre of film, horror..

Title: Quarantine
Rating: 6/10
Released: 2008
Genre: Horror

Main Plot:
Shooting an LA reality show, presenter Angela (Carpenter) and her cameraman (Harris) shadow a crew of firemen on a dullsville evening. But when they follow a call-out to an apartment, they face a virus that turns its hosts into rabid mutants...

Review:
I honestly didn't think this film was that good and certainly wouldn't stand up in my top rankings for horror genre, let alone all films.. The 'camera-shuddery' technique didn't really pay off in terms of creating that horror feel that we would expect from a hollywood blockbuster horror, but yet the acting did relieve itself of having such a dismal and low rating of a film. In a quick summary, the acting was 'decent', the film stock is too crisp and the gore too cinematic.

I wouldn't recommend watching this if you're expecting a big, horror scare feel, but it's not the worse movie I've ever seen.

~ Jamie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rogu3
Reaction score
I liked this movie actually, I mean it's definitely not my favorite horror movie, but it is actually decent. It isn't the typical horror film, it's more of a "quick scare". It gives you that short thrill, and then it's gone right after. I think the plot is good, as well as the acting, but the recording itself is just not great. I'm not a fan of "found footage" either, so it would be better if they recorded the standard way.

Back