Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[FILM] Spider Man vs Amazing Spider Man

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Amazing Spider Man 2 looks better. Might go see it when its released in the US.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Don't understand how you can compare or chose which one is better of these films, they both have different story-lines and the second one is going be better visually because it is made 10 years later. If you are talking about actor-wise though then I think Andrew Garfield is better just because I feel like he plays the part a little better and looks like the Spiderman I visually have in my head.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Don't understand how you can compare or chose which one is better of these films, they both have different story-lines and the second one is going be better visually because it is made 10 years later. If you are talking about actor-wise though then I think Andrew Garfield is better just because I feel like he plays the part a little better and looks like the Spiderman I visually have in my head.

Gotta agree with you on this one, in terms of visuals. If both were made recently then it would be easier to choose.

Actor-wise I prefer Toby, simply because I grew up watching his Peter Parker/Spider-man. Seriously, I bought the costume and the web-slingers when i was small. I still get excited when I'm watching it and the main theme hits.
Andrew did a good job too, however I believe that each actor, or rather each setting is based off of different spiderman comics. I don't know too much, but I do know that there are different versions of Peter Parker from different versions of the Marvel comic.
As such, Toby totally hands down gets the whole 'akward teenage nerd' vibe. Great performance.
However Andrew, despite lacking in this, gets the whole 'witty, funny, makes jokes about the villains, cocky' spiderman down.

Strangely enough, they both took different approaches and what they lack, the other one has.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The Amazing SpiderMan 2.. IS AMAZING ! I'm totally going to watch it <3

Master Summoner
Reaction score
well from what ive seen, Toby was a nerd, but Peter Parker wasn't that nerdy. Andrew does a better job by far. Its based by opinions though, but I think most agree this series of movies will be better than the first.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Marvel is kinda Special person remaking and remaking.

New spider man, peter isnt a nerd. Kinda spoilt most of the story line.
Shocker is not BLUE, the hell is this? Avatar?

Instead of remaking they should advance to Carnage and more villains.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Instead of remaking they should advance to Carnage and more villains.

Well, in this movie will be so much villains as the speaker said "All the enemies has been united to destroy Spiderman"

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How can you even think to compare this? Original Spiderman is the best and always will be the best.

Marvel have a silly decision in my opinion making "The Amazing Spiderman" series. They honestly should have left it with the original 3 Spiderman movies. They are true, original and down right better. It's story line was better in my opinion, the acting was better and in general I feel the movies are still a lot better then the new ones.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How can you even think to compare this? Original Spiderman is the best and always will be the best.

Marvel have a silly decision in my opinion making "The Amazing Spiderman" series. They honestly should have left it with the original 3 Spiderman movies. They are true, original and down right better. It's story line was better in my opinion, the acting was better and in general I feel the movies are still a lot better then the new ones.

You've ruined your 666th post for this stupid point of view? Spiderman original movie is good no doubt about it but this Amazing series is much better.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You've ruined your 666th post for this stupid point of view? Spiderman original movie is good no doubt about it but this Amazing series is much better.

Woah woah woah. Step back. Stupid point of view? No, not at all. This is my point of view, who are you to comment on it? I get the point everyone has an opinion, but yours is just an overkill of one. There are fat better approaches then just saying "for this stupid point of view?" Far, far better approaches.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that is yours and mine is mine. I will always prefer the original Spiderman as in my opinion it's far greater and always will be greater then the current Amazing Spiderman series.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Woah woah woah. Step back. Stupid point of view? No, not at all. This is my point of view, who are you to comment on it? I get the point everyone has an opinion, but yours is just an overkill of one. There are fat better approaches then just saying "for this stupid point of view?" Far, far better approaches.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that is yours and mine is mine. I will always prefer the original Spiderman as in my opinion it's far greater and always will be greater then the current Amazing Spiderman series.

Sorry if I was saying that rudely but I didn't mean to step on you by my words. O_O
That was my point of view while replying to you..

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe rewording will be better :) But, I ain't butthurt so no harm taken. Everyone has their opinion.

Exactly, I apologize for such a rude looking speech :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Original really Kick butt, but they won't continue on Orginal i gues, we got to home on "Amazing Spider-Man" When there nothing Amazing.

Can you actually imagine is there like "Ultimate Spider-Man"(Well there is in cartoon) but if its in movies, it gonna suck big time.

Marvel should really wake up their idea huh?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To be honest Spider man 2 is good - and its not that bad. the problem is the production it self - actors are doing great and fine.
Spider man 2 has a lot of mistake search it on youtube. ex. the destroyed vase and the next scene it was repaired. or something.

Amazing Spider Man is great as well. :) thats why columbia pictures and sony remake spider man

Back