Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Film] Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Reaction score
Let's talk Star Wars!

Have you seen it yet? What'd you think? Hoping to see it sometime this month. Didn't buy pre-sale tickets though, and it'll probably be packed for the next couple months...

Reminder: PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN DISCUSSING ANYTHING THAT MAY BE A SPOILER.

Reactions: Jax

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Of what I hear from it, in LA they were wild of the movie and they said that it actually also was a damn good one. I havn't seen it yet either and hope on as less spoilers as possible tbh.. Not sure when i'm gonna watch it, not sure if i saw all star wars movies though, it are quiet alot.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
I attended the midnight release and it was amazing. It has everything, great pacing, brilliant character development and some very strong performances by the new cast. Much better than the prequel trilogy imo (too much exposition in the prequels if you ask me).

Edit:
I forgot to mention it doesn't over use CG in contrast to the prequels. It has a great balance of traditional and CG.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
It was a great movie.

How was Luke's lightsaber found? Was it found with his hand aswell? Lol

* i have a few theories about a few random events *

Maz Kanata said it's a story for another time.. So hopefully we find out soon! Also, what's your opinion of Supreme Leader Snoke? I think he's definitely Plagueis.. So many little details hinting towards it, especially since Snoke looks like a muun.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
It's over-hyped. I haven't seen it yet but it annoys me that people are over exited about a film. It's like games... Eventually it's like meh.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
It's over-hyped. I haven't seen it yet but it annoys me that people are over exited about a film. It's like games... Eventually it's like meh.

Hmm. I wouldn't say it's over-hyped.. We've been waiting for canonical continuation since ROTJ. I don't understand why it's annoying?

Reaction score
Im pretty sure I saw the first public viewing in the USA. 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time December 17th. It was an amazing experience. We got to the theater 3 hours early so we didn't struggle with seats - which I'm glad we did. And everytime something came up from the original movies everyone just clapped and cheered.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Hmm. I wouldn't say it's over-hyped.. We've been waiting for canonical continuation since ROTJ. I don't understand why it's annoying?

Failed to formulate a proper opinion? I hate it when things get over-hyped, then I watch it and then I'm like wow this isn't what I expected then I feel ripped off. Just like most alpha games that are hyped. It's al marketing.

Too bad you can't actually form an opinion on why you believe it's over-hyped.

Oh I'm sorry that I don't watch these threads 24/7. It's over hyped since even google uses it on their homepage. Starwars everywhere. C'mon you got to be blind to see that it's not over-hyped.

Oh and I don't hate Starwars since I've seen all film except this one.
I'll watch it when its hype is settled down. That's all I'm going to say about this because I fail to give a proper opinion. Amen.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Failed to formulate a proper opinion? I hate it when things get over-hyped, then I watch it and then I'm like wow this isn't what I expected then I feel ripped off. Just like most alpha games that are hyped. It's al marketing.

Oh I'm sorry that I don't watch these threads 24/7. It's over hyped since even google uses it on their homepage. Starwars everywhere. C'mon you got to be blind to see that it's not over-hyped.

So.. It's over-hyped because you're seeing it advertised everywhere? People are so excited and hyped because it's the first canonical continuation since Return Of The Jedi. I respect your view, it being over-hyped or not is a matter of perspective.

As a fan of the fictional universe, it's pretty hard not to be hyped, considering one of the original writers co-wrote the screenplay for The Force Awakens.

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I'll watch it when its hype is settled down. That's all I'm going to say about this because I fail to give a proper opinion. Amen.

The only reason you think it's over-hyped is probably because you're not in the generation that literally grew up on it.

My parents haven't been able to shut up about it ever since June, when the trailers etc. started coming out. But then when I saw this I remembered why it's so good!

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
The only reason you think it's over-hyped is probably because you're not in the generation that literally grew up on it.

My parents haven't been able to shut up about it ever since June, when the trailers etc. started coming out. But then when I saw this I remembered why it's so good!

You're spot on. I've been following Star Wars since my childhood and it's shaped my perspective on some things.

Reaction score
My theories and speculations.

Han has turned to the dark side of the force on the moment before his death?

Ok, my theory relies on the forcesaber. Even though it can be non-cannon, it is said that a Jedi whom touches it, had the risk to immediatly and unwillingful go to the dark side of the force. Now, my theory relies on the moment before his death where Kylo asks Han for helping him with something, and Han says: "Anything my son" (or something like that). On this moment, Han touches his saber, and then Kylo kills him ( I think he said thanks before sticking his lightsaber onto Han? ). Well, Han touched his son later in a father/son way, so I'm not sure. Just something I thought during the movie.

How was the Lightsaber been found?

That lightsaber found in the movie was from the battle between Luke and Darth Vader, where Darth Vader tells him that he's his father. He lost his hand with it, and his lightsaber fell... probably in the cloud city? Where is Lando, btw?

I've watched Star Wars a few times, and saw a lot of extra content aswell, but you can't say that I'm that pro with these :p: If I missed something, feel free to reply.

Reaction score
My theories and speculations.

Han has turned to the dark side of the force on the moment before his death?

Ok, my theory relies on the forcesaber. Even though it can be non-cannon, it is said that a Jedi whom touches it, had the risk to immediatly and unwillingful go to the dark side of the force. Now, my theory relies on the moment before his death where Kylo asks Han for helping him with something, and Han says: "Anything my son" (or something like that). On this moment, Han touches his saber, and then Kylo kills him ( I think he said thanks before sticking his lightsaber onto Han? ). Well, Han touched his son later in a father/son way, so I'm not sure. Just something I thought during the movie.

How was the Lightsaber been found?

That lightsaber found in the movie was from the battle between Luke and Darth Vader, where Darth Vader tells him that he's his father. He lost his hand with it, and his lightsaber fell... probably in the cloud city? Where is Lando, btw?

I've watched Star Wars a few times, and saw a lot of extra content aswell, but you can't say that I'm that pro with these :p: If I missed something, feel free to reply.
No idea about the lightsaber. But what was one of your guys most memorable moments in the movie? I loved it where they were getting on ship to escape, Finn was like "What about that one" She said it was a piece of trash, and the one they were running for got blown up, then the camera pans to the "Trash" (Millennium Falcon) Everyone in the theater was cheering and clapping.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
No idea about the lightsaber. But what was one of your guys most memorable moments in the movie? I loved it where they were getting on ship to escape, Finn was like "What about that one" She said it was a piece of trash, and the one they were running for got blown up, then the camera pans to the "Trash" (Millennium Falcon) Everyone in the theater was cheering and clapping.

I kind of enjoyed Kylo's scenes of rage because it really emphasizes the internal conflict of his character.

Reaction score

I think anyone has even noticed it on my cinema hahahaha, they rather laugh about smaller stuff.

Back