Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Grey ( The Most Dramatic Movie )

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there buds , I've just ended watching the Most Dramatic movie of my whole life

So i thought of sharing it with you guys

Thats the IMDB informations of it
The Grey ( )

117 min - | | -
Your rating: -/10

Ratings: 6.8/10 from Metascore:
Reviews: | | from

After their plane crashes in Alaska, six oil workers are led by a skilled huntsman to survival, but a pack of merciless wolves haunts their every step.
Director:

Writers:

(screenplay), (screenplay), »
Stars:

, , | »

If theres anyone who knows Some movies like that style , with wolfs or stories nearly to this one please leave the name in a comment!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The trailer has almost all the action from the movie. Other than that , it's boring , like almost every movie that falls in "Drama" genre.

Whats boring? have you even watched it to judge? you wanna tell me you judged just from the trailer? No thanks ..

Reaction score
Whats boring? have you even watched it to judge? you wanna tell me you judged just from the trailer? No thanks ..
I didn't care for it much either to be honest, it's not really my cup of tea. It was cool and all, but the story line was pretty dull, then again, there are very few movies in the Drama genre that I can actually enjoy. And there's no way in hell that wolves would act like that around a group of humans, unless they're retarded.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The trailer has almost all the action from the movie. Other than that , it's boring , like almost every movie that falls in "Drama" genre.
Really bugs me when movie trailers are just a mash-up sequence of action shots too. However, that's because I take the action scenes in a movie as rest periods or a time to let the drama sink in and think about the consequences.

There's nothing interesting in action sequences anyway... well, not unless it's a special breed of thriller / horror. You know the main characters will survive, so there's no movement in the story from that rubbish.

Sometimes I watch a trailer and the style is pretty good and I think "Okay, so all the fast movement and action is just to avoid spoiling the plot, right?" I go and see the movie and find out... "Nope, the entire film is a 2hr extravaganza of the trailer. There really isn't any plot." then I cry. XD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really bugs me when movie trailers are just a mash-up sequence of action shots too. However, that's because I take the action scenes in a movie as rest periods or a time to let the drama sink in and think about the consequences.

There's nothing interesting in action sequences anyway... well, not unless it's a special breed of thriller / horror. You know the main characters will survive, so there's no movement in the story from that rubbish.

Sometimes I watch a trailer and the style is pretty good and I think "Okay, so all the fast movement and action is just to avoid spoiling the plot, right?" I go and see the movie and find out... "Nope, the entire film is a 2hr extravaganza of the trailer. There really isn't any plot." then I cry. XD

Well , I maybe understand what you mean in here but actually Thats not all whats important at the Trailers as you are trying to enjoy the dramatic sequence parts of the whole movie

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thats not all whats important at the Trailers as you are trying to enjoy the dramatic sequence parts of the whole movie
I agree that it should be. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for marketing people to decide that cramming all the action shots into a trailer will sell a movie.

Statistics back them up. But if you want to watch a film full of action and no story, you will pay, and still be disappointed. If you're looking to go and see a film with a great story, you don't know which have one and which are <just> action movies.

The result is that many trailers (even for good movies) do all audiences a dis-service. ;)

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For me some parts were boring but the majority of the movie was very well executed, a lot seemed fictional (off course it is; I mean Wolves aren't like what we saw in the movie, in the end when he fought the Alpha that would never happen in the real world, it would be an entire pack v 1 - despite this it was a great movie).

I would change the plane crash, maybe something more common like camping.

Just what I thought from watching it in the cinema in 2011.

As for my thoughts on a possible Sequel; probably will never happen considering the main character is dead/severely injured at the end of the movie. And it's two years since it was released and nothing has been announced.

I would rate it 8/10, Liam Neeson was great, I don't remember his co-stars Very Good movie in my opinion.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For me some parts were boring but the majority of the movie was very well executed, a lot seemed fictional (off course it is; I mean Wolves aren't like what we saw in the movie, in the end when he fought the Alpha that would never happen in the real world, it would be an entire pack v 1 - despite this it was a great movie).

I would change the plane crash, maybe something more common like camping.

Just what I thought from watching it in the cinema in 2011.

As for my thoughts on a possible Sequel; probably will never happen considering the main character is dead/severely injured at the end of the movie. And it's two years since it was released and nothing has been announced.

I would rate it 8/10, Liam Neeson was great, I don't remember his co-stars Very Good movie in my opinion.

I wish i can find some other movies nearly to that style , i am really into that type So if anyone in here knows a movie nearly to that story or the whole type , please leave the name!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Frozen
Buried
Alive
Phone Booth
The Crazies
28 Days/Weeks Later
The Descent 1 & 2
Vacancy 1 & 2
The Ruins
The Mist
The Strangers
The Way Back

100 more here

I've seen Frozen before , and the Mist , pretty much frozen is the most nearly one to The Grey , because the ice and the wolves

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wow.. the trailer look very dramatic, now I going to watching the movie. thanks for your post.

Back