Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REVIEWS] Elians Movie Adventures! [NO SPOILERS]

Reaction score
Because my mom and I are addicted to the cinema and we have a VIP pass we see a movie like... every week sometimes even twice! I mean, who wouldnt go see a movie for free with awesome snacks and a burger afterwards!

I decided to make a log of all the movies I've watched (with or without my mom) and write a small review for each of them. These movies are not only the ones I've see at the cinema but also the ones I've seen online (which doesnt mean I havent seen them in the cinema aswell, its probably to long ago to make a proper review so im rewatching some).
I've started doing this in June but only with the ones I've seen at the cinema, so the ones I see at home will be from today (3rd August 2013)

Note: I might do series too, but only if I've watched every season!

If you guys know any good movies, feel free to recommend them to me!

Movies seen at cinema (since June '13):
JUNE
Fast and Furious 6
Director:
Stars: , , ,
Writers:
Length: 130 min

It's a bit hard to review this movie without spoiling to much. But Elian is going to try. I always found that the Fast and Furious movies were a bit... boring storywise. But the movies are good in its genre/theme. I like this one less than I liked ''Fast 5'' mainly because of the low amount of actual streetracing and exciting chases. I also liked it less because they actually were the good guys in this movie. It took away fear of them getting caught.

The scenes and chaces that were exciting were REALLY exciting though.

ALSO: They brought back/introduces a few people that I did not find neccesary and were useless.
This is a weak review I know, I only wrote 2 lines when I watched the movie, sorry.

My rating: 6,5/10
Now you see me
Director:
Stars: , , , , ,
Writers: , ,
Length: 115 min

So in this movie an FBI agent and an ''Interpol detective'' chase a group of magicians/illusionists that reward their audience with money they steal during their performance. I have to say that I was impressed with the visual side of this movie, the music was picked well and the acting was fine. Mark Ruffalos character (FBI) was very very interesting.
I liked how the illusionists actually used illusions to escape and duck with other peoples mind and how Marks character thought he was one step ahead of them but turned out to be 10 steps behind.

Isla fisher was hot

Didnt really like the end, not going to spoil to much but some people might not like it.

My rating: 7/10
JULY
World War Z
Director:
Stars: , ,
Writers: , , , ,
Length: 116 min

So this movie is about Gerry Lane (Brad) who is some kind of military guy (i believe he was a United Nations employee) and well... the whole movie is about him. In the first scenes he and his family are baking pancakes and poop and are very happy, then they are on the road and suddenly all this crazy poop is happening. He calls a few people and in the day after they get picked up while half the city is zombiefied over night. He has to travel the world with a small team to find the place where the virus was ''born''. And there is your story.

After this movie I posted a great sentence on my facebook and I'm just going to write it here: You know a movie is intense when you walk out of the cinema with a swanus (sweat anus, the joke is funnier in dutch).
THE MOVIE WAS SO INTENSE I SAT AT THE EDGE OF MY SEAT!@ Great camera work, great CGI zombies etc etc. I LOVE how the zombies weren't those slow, easy to kill with headshot zombies, but they were actually REALLLLY fast and ant-like. The groups of zombies made me think of water flowing.

Brad Pitt did a fine job with his character, and so did the other people.
The only weak part is the end, I'm not going to spoil it but if there won't be a second movie my rating will go down with atleast 2 points.

My rating: 7,5/10

The Internship
Director:
Stars: ,
Writers: , ,
Length: 119 min

VINCE VAUGN AND OWEN WILSON!!! CAN IT GET ANY BETTER? Well actually yes it can, I missed Ben Stiller but meh. I love those two guys in every single movie they play in together, they are so funny!

Well the story is about Billy (vince) and Nick (owen) who lose their jobs and desperatly need a new one. So the only one they can find is an internship that might lead to a fulltime job at google. Now ofcourse from that moment this whole movie turned into one big commercial for google but it didnt change the fact that it was funny as hell. They had to pair up in teams and do certain tasks to win. Ofcourse V
ince and Owen are the oldest and no one picks them so they get teamed up with the leftovers and ''losers'' which results in a funny movie!

My rating: 7/10!
Pacific Rim
Director:
Stars: , ,
Writers: ,
Length: 131 min

So! Pacific Rim job is about a war between our world and monstrous creatures named Kaijus that come from a different dimension. The war has been going on for a while and humand kind build these ginormous robots to fight them called Jaegers. AAAAND there is your story!

Now the way they animated these Jaegers is so much better than transformers! The MASSIVE Jaegers appear to move slower and not as unrealistic fast as the transformers and they are filmed from more of a distance so we know what actually is going on. Seeing them run is INCREDIBLE! The kaijus looked amazing aswell, these ginormous creatures literally kicked the poop out of everything on their path.

I loved how jaegers need 2 pilotes and that they are cconnected in a way i cant tell because i dont want to spoil.

There were a few scenes where I thought... well this is to unrealistic and just doesnt work and there were some mistakes in the movie like
going in the portal needing some kind of barcode but comming out seemed to be no problem

I did enjoy the movie alot! Just like Word War Z i was on the edge of my seat!

My rating: 7,5/10

Red 2
Will be updated august 4th

The Wolverine

Movies seen at home (since 3rd August 2013):
The Guilt Trip

X-Men: First Class

The Adjustment Bureau
Will be updated after work

Series
soon

I plan to update this list everytime I come home from the cinema or I finished watching a movie.

FEEL FREE TO RECOMMEND ME MOVIES TO WATCH! Since it takes me like 20 minutes to find one lately.

SOME THINGS CAME UP TODAY, WILL UPDATE EVERYTHING TOMORROW <3

:zippy:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: Elians Movie Adventures!

Grown ups 2 if it's out where you're from, and Kick-butt 2 when it comes out, they both look like great movies.

Yea, I'm excited for Kick-butt 2. Jim Carrey looked funny as hell.
And ofcourse I'm also going to watch Grown ups 2. ;D

Back