Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TV] Breaking Bad - Season 5 Part 2 [SPOILERS]

Reaction score
Episode 9 - Blood Money
Summary
Open with teenagers skateboarding in the dry pool of what appears to be an abandoned home. A car pulls up front and we see the property surrounded by fencing with warning signs. Walter gets out. He's got a full head of hair and shaggy beard. In the living room of the empty house we see the word "HEISENBERG" spray-painted on the wall. He walks down the hall and we realize this is the White home. He goes to the bedroom and gets the ricin pill from behind the switch plate. He walks back out front and spots a terrified neighbor unloading groceries. He says "Hello Carol" and she drops the bag she was holding to the ground.

In present day, a stunned Hank exits the bathroom holding the Walt Whitman book. He puts the book in a bag and looks out the window at Walter. He walks outside, tells Marie he isn't feeling great and says they need to leave.

On the ride home Hank can barely focus on the road as Marie talks about Europe. He starts having an attack of some kind and runs onto a person's lawn. He falls out of the car and Marie yells for the homeowner to call an ambulance.

Back from the ER Hank assures Marie there is not a need for him to see a doctor. He makes her promise not to tell Skyler. Hank gets out a folder and compares the handwriting from the Whitman book to something else Gale wrote. It looks like a match.

At the car wash Walter reminds Skyler that their "story" needs to come first. Along those lines he thinks they should buy an additional car wash, as it will take years to launder all their cash. Lydia arrives for a wash. She goes inside and complains that the quality of the meth she's gotten is only 68 percent. She wants him to come back for a few days and make things right. Walter tells her problems are none of his concern. Skyler walks in and notices that Lydia was there washing a rental car. Walter tells her that Lydia is a "former business associate" interested in him returning. Skyler follows Lydia outside and tells her to leave and never return.

The following morning Hank tells Marie he's not going into work. On her way out she sees two men delivering boxes. Hanks tells them to put them in the garage. They leave and Hank starts going through files related to everything related to the blue meth...Gus, Heisenberg, etc.

Skinny Pete and Badger get stoned at Jesse's place. Jesse grows tired of their inane Star Trek conversation and leaves.

Jesse brings his giant bags of money to Saul's office. He grows tired of waiting and lights up a joint. This gets him right in to see Saul. Jesse says each bag contains $2.5 million and he wants one to go to Mike's granddaughter and the other to Drew Sharp's parents. Saul seems uncomfortable with the whole thing but Jesse is adamant. Jesse leaves and then Saul calls Walter. Walter tells him to hang on to the money, adding "I'll handle it." Walter took the call while taking a course of chemotherapy.

Walter shows up at Jesse's door with the money and asks for an explanation. Jesse responds "It's like you said, it's blood money." Walter tells Jesse to stop focusing on the past. He tells Jesse that he's out of the drug business himself and says there's nothing for them to do but live good lives. A teary-eyed Jesse thinks Mike's granddaughter needs someone to look after him. Jesse thinks Mike is dead and thinks Walter knows it. Walter denies having anything to do with Mike's death and tells Jesse that he thinks 'Mike is fine'.

Walter excuses himself from dinner and rushes to the bathroom to vomit. He looks above the toilet and appears to notice that the Whitman book is missing. Later that night he's still searching their home for the book. He gets into bed and asks Skyler what is wrong with Hank. She tells him Hank hasn't been to work all week. Later that night Walter goes outside and checks the bottom of his car. He finds a tracking device.

A homeless man knocks on Jesse's window, waking him up. He asks if he can spare some change and Jesse offers him a stack of cash. The man eventually accepts and Jesse drives off. We next see Jesse driving through an impoverished neighborhood tossing money onto random lawns.

The two cops who dropped off the files ask Hank if Gomez should be worried. Hank assures them he's fine. As they leave Walter pulls into the driveway. Hank nervously clears some photos. Walter plays dumb and asks how Hank's feeling. He tells Hank to let him know if there's anything he can do and walks away. Walter stops, turns around and shows him the tracking device. He says it looks just like the one they used on Gus and asks if Hank knows anything about it. Hank closes the garage door behind Walter and then punches him in the face. He puts Walter up against the door and says "it was you!" and goes through all the things he's done to cover. Walter tells Hank his cancer is back. He tells Hank he's dying and that even if he was able to get a jury to believe that he's Heisenberg, he won't live long enough to see the inside of a prison. Hank tells him to bring Skyler and the kids to his house and they can talk. Walter says that will never happen and Hank responds that he has no idea who he is even speaking to. Walter says that if Hank doesn't know who he is, perhaps he should "tread lightly."

-IMDB

Review
Another awesome Breaking Bad episode, Aaron Paul (Jesse) wasn't lying when he said these last few episodes would be intense. I think this might've been the most intriguing episode yet.

I liked Skyler a little more in this episode, she seems to have stopped being such a witch, and actually accept Walter for his actions. I don't like it when Walter's lying to Jesse for his own selfish reasons.

Jesse doesn't seem to like money very much, he always ends up literally throwing his money away. Well he doesn't seem to need it though.

I think that the garage scene at the end was the best scene in any Breaking Bad episode, it was really intense, I never thought Hank would go through with it.

I believe the next episode is out next week? Can't wait.

Episode 10 - Buried
Summary
Hank immediately contacts Skyler to tell her what he's learned. He wants her to give him a statement but she decides she wants a lawyer. Hank gets his wife to talk to her but after an ugly confrontation, Skyler stands her ground. Walt, unable to contact Skyler, has Saul's men get his money out of his storage locker. He promptly buries the loot in the desert. He returns home knowing that Hank has been in touch with Skyler but she assures him that she told Hank nothing. She's also convinced that Hank has no evidence to back up anything he might know. A frustrated Hank returns to work having no evidence to move against Walt. When he hears that Jesse Pinkman has been arrested, he decides to visit him in jail

Review
Over all a good episode, the ending was a pain though, I really want to see what will happen when Hank talks to Jesse, but we'll just have to wait another week.

Marie and Hank found out that Skyler knew about Walter, which they didn't take lightly obviously. I don't know if Hank's going to turn Walter in or not, considering that his career will be over if he does.

This episode was kind of a build up to the real exciting episodes, so not much happened. Walter buried the money in the desert and told Skyler that he'd turn himself in if Skyler promises to keep the money, let's see how that turns out.

Hank still hasn't got any evidence, only suspicions. What ever happened to the video camera Hank found in Gus' lab?

Jesse and Walter haven't been in the same scene or talked to each other for a while now, Jesse just seems kinda depressed.

Episode 11 - Confessions
Summary
Walt is still trying to convince Hank - and to a lesser extent Marie - that they should do nothing and just let nature take its course. He's no longer involved in any criminal activity and will be dead in a few months from his cancer. They're not very receptive to his ideas but when they get home they find that Walt has recorded a video confession admitting to everything - and naming Hank as the mastermind behind it all. Jesse meanwhile has been released from jail. He said nothing to the police or Hank about his business with Walt but seems completely lost. In a difficult meeting with Walt, he agrees to acquire a new identity and start a life in Alaska. As he awaits Saul's contact who will provide him with what he needs, he comes to the realization that it was Walt who tried to kill Brock.

-IMDb

Review
I like the idea of making a video of him confessing but naming Hank as the mastermind, but I'm kind of confused, it's still a confession ain't it? I mean any criminal can blame the officer who caught him, it doesn't mean it's true.

It was a good episode over all, glad Jesse found out about Brock.

Episode 12 - Rabid Dog
Summary
No summary yet.

Review

Episode 13 - To'hajilee
Summary
Jesse's plan to get evidence against Walt is relatively simple: find out where Walt has stashed his money and either take it from him him or threaten to do so. Either way, it will flush him out and the DEA can nab him and the cash. Hank and Gomez convince Saul's man Huell that Walt has gone on a killing spree and while he doesn't know where the money is, Huell tells them about the barrels of money. Walt for his part is on high alert knowing that Jesse wants him dead. He tries to get Jesse out into the open through his girlfriend Andrea but Hank intercepts that message. Walt finally contacts Todd's uncle and he agrees to eliminate Jesse. There is a price to pay however. Jesse finally contacts Walt and tells him he's about to burn all of his money. Walt panics and heads straight to desert where it's buried setting up a deadly confrontation

Review

I will be updating this post when the new episodes have aired.
What did you think about the episode(s)? Remember to use Spoiler tags if you're posting spoilers!

Last edited:
Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
It was an interesting episode, especially the last scene.
However, the scene in Jessi his house with his mates was a bit boring.

Reaction score
What are you talking about? That was a great scene. For a presumably big fan of Breaking Bad (I'm looking at your avatar), this is one of the best, and well-detailed parts of the show. The break-off from gripping drama at all times. Badger's shpeel on Star Trek gave me a huge chuckle, and gave immense insight into Jesse's character for the beginning of the second half. Jesse is down, depressed, practically suicidal at this point, and it shimmers through because his two friends, Badger and Skinny Pete, were happy-go lucky, pot-smoking, theorists. He can't handle any sort of happy conversation or presence, so he walks out of the room.

I also think this discussion between Badger and Pete was a possible hint of foreshadowing. In Badger's rant, he talks "about 3 captains. It goes on and on while Jesse is in the room for the whole thing until he gets up and leaves before the very end - and Badger says something along the lines of "this is the best part" but Jesse declines to hear it. The only part we heard before Badgers wrap is it ended in blood.What if that was foreshadowing Jesse not making it to the end? He sits through all of it with the background mostly green and blue, and before he snaps and gets up - it's the only shot it shows him sitting with the red screen behind him.
Maybe those three captains represent Walt, Jesse, and Hank/Gus."

Reaction score
What are you talking about? That was a great scene. For a presumably big fan of Breaking Bad (I'm looking at your avatar), this is one of the best, and well-detailed parts of the show. The break-off from gripping drama at all times. Badger's shpeel on Star Trek gave me a huge chuckle, and gave immense insight into Jesse's character for the beginning of the second half. Jesse is down, depressed, practically suicidal at this point, and it shimmers through because his two friends, Badger and Skinny Pete, were happy-go lucky, pot-smoking, theorists. He can't handle any sort of happy conversation or presence, so he walks out of the room.

I also think this discussion between Badger and Pete was a possible hint of foreshadowing. In Badger's rant, he talks "about 3 captains. It goes on and on while Jesse is in the room for the whole thing until he gets up and leaves before the very end - and Badger says something along the lines of "this is the best part" but Jesse declines to hear it. The only part we heard before Badgers wrap is it ended in blood.What if that was foreshadowing Jesse not making it to the end? He sits through all of it with the background mostly green and blue, and before he snaps and gets up - it's the only shot it shows him sitting with the red screen behind him.
Maybe those three captains represent Walt, Jesse, and Hank/Gus."

I never thought of that, some people notice things better than others I guess :p.

If there was a hidden message in that, I don't think it was about Gus, he's not really that.. lovable as Walt, Jesse and Hank are. It would be worse to lose one of them than Gus, and besides, Gus is already dead.

Someone's probably going to die, and I think that Walter's going to kill Hank. Marie and Skyler finds out, causing Skyler to leave him, she takes Walter Jr. with her, Walter get's depressed, he somehow loses his money, hence the dressing like a bum. This is just what I think'll happen.

stealing my thread format <3
But it's such a good format.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

That's exactly what I thought lol, but some people seem to think it was a good scene.

Reaction score
I just watched the new episode called Buried
Review:
Over all a good episode, the ending was a pain though, I really want to see what will happen when Hank talks to Jesse, but we'll just have to wait another week.

Marie and Hank found out that Skyler knew about Walter, which they didn't take lightly obviously. I don't know if Hank's going to turn Walter in or not, considering that his career will be over if he does.

This episode was kind of a build up to the real exciting episodes, so not much happened. Walter buried the money in the desert and told Skyler that he'd turn himself in if Skyler promises to keep the money, let's see how that turns out.

Hank still hasn't got any evidence, only suspicions. What ever happened to the video camera Hank found in Gus' lab?

Jesse and Walter haven't been in the same scene or talked to each other for a while now, Jesse just seems kinda depressed.

Reaction score
Saul will admit his part in the ricin scene to Jesse. Jesse will blow his lid but stop short of killing Walt, deciding to work with Hank instead.
Marie will tell Hank that Skyler has been in on Walt's secret for a long time and the gambling story was a lie, and admit the Whites paid for his therapy, which will be the rough scene Betsy Brandt hinted about in interviews.
We'll see that Walt Jr. has been up to a lot of mischief.
I am really hoping for a scene with Hank and Jesse that mirrors the "what, some 60 year old is gonna break bad?" scene from the pilot where Hank asks why a drug dealer suddenly decides to go straight.
Skyler will try to convince the Schraders to keep quiet about Walt because of the damage it will do to Holly and Walt Jr. and it makes no sense to prosecute a dying man at the expense of Hank's reputation.
Lydia and Todd will plot how to convince Walt to cook again, possibly by taking his family hostage.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Reaction score
This series is driving me insane!!! HOLY duck HEISENBERG.

So amazed how things turn out for him, everything he ever did, ever sacrificed was basically for his own family, which he lost pretty much.
And hank... I'm so sad he had to go but that's what makes BB so unpredictable.

How isn't this discussed more?... Wow

Reaction score
This series is driving me insane!!! HOLY duck HEISENBERG.

So amazed how things turn out for him, everything he ever did, ever sacrificed was basically for his own family, which he lost pretty much.
And hank... I'm so sad he had to go but that's what makes BB so unpredictable.

How isn't this discussed more?... Wow
Pretty much everyone predicted Hank was going to die. Not a lot of people predicted Walt was going to kidnap his daughter and confess to his crimes to protect his family though.

Reaction score
I don't remember him Confessing I do remember him being stupid and blurting out things on the phone while cops were listening

Lol this is why a lot of people don't enjoy breaking bad. Breaking Bad doesn't spoonfeed you every detail. It makes you think. Try thinking about that moment in the show again. You really think Walt didn't know there were cops listening? He knew. That's why he confessed everything and told Skyler it's all his empire and she had nothing to do with it. He said that so the cops can't hold Skyler and her family accountable. All the blame is on him and the police will be looking for him and no one else, that's why he is changing his whole identity (saul's guy). Come on man, you gotta use your head more.

Reaction score
God i feel so bad for hank. I knew he was going to die somewhere deep in side. But I wanted to deny it so bad. He is one of the few characters that has been purely good since the beginning of the series and I really liked him.

Im against walter atm. He turned into a scary old man. I dont know when I started to dislike him for the things he did.

I know jesse is a loser but i want him to stay alive so bad ;p

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I love what they're doing with breaking bad. I'm still awaiting to see what the whole 'abandoned house' thing was at the start of part two. It's not hank I feel sorry as much as he's out of all this pain, it's Jessie.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Reaction score
I love what they're doing with breaking bad. I'm still awaiting to see what the whole 'abandoned house' thing was at the start of part two. It's not hank I feel sorry as much as he's out of all this pain, it's Jessie.

Yeah. Omg when i saw his face at the end, it's almost like i felt ''irl sorry' for him. But he kinda had it coming, Walt considered him as family but he wanted him arrested just for poisoning brock which he knew wasnt going to kill him.

Reaction score
Yeah. Omg when i saw his face at the end, it's almost like i felt ''irl sorry' for him. But he kinda had it coming, Walt considered him as family but he wanted him arrested just for poisoning brock which he knew wasnt going to kill him.

Not really true. Jesse wanted Walt to be arrested because he was scared Walt was going to kill him.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Reaction score
Not really true. Jesse wanted Walt to be arrested because he was scared Walt was going to kill him.

It's true, but it's still partly Jesse's fault since he wasn't trusting Walt anymore, but the trust issues also had their reasons (Walt poisoning Brock)

Back