Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

Reaction score
Since the show has just premiered and the only thread about the show is over a year old I decided to make a thread regarding it (the old thread had some Breaking Bad spoilers too)

Trailer

The show is all about how James McGill turns into who we all know as Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad, the show is set 7 years before we meet him within Breaking Bad. In the first episode we saw two characters who most of us will instantly recognize, one being Mike Ehrmantraut and the other being Tuco Salamanca. The show airs on Monday nights in America and is on Netflix for UK users on Tuesdays (I'm not sure about other places).

Refrain from spoilers... :rolleyes:

Reactions: DNC
Reaction score
Can't wait for episode 4. I didn't have very high expectations at first, but after watching the first episode, I was hooked. I already strongly like this show. And it being a Netflix original is also a plus, so that we can stream the new episodes right away. :thumbup: I wonder who else from Breaking Bad will make appearances in this show. I am almost certain that Hank will show himself as he's a DEA agent.

It airs on tuesdays in Sweden too.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Can we not discuss it using the
tag and just let folk know what episode we're talking about before they click the spoiler? Pwease?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
SPOILERS LOLOL

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but Tuco is who made Walter White AND Saul goodman. Both of these characters had enough time spent with him, to make life changing traits to their behaviour.

Saul was literally dealing with two lives, of which he managed to talk Tuco out of killing them, and get them just a broken leg each instead. (which personally I think was flaming brilliant)

Ive only got through the second episode, but I cant wait until I can watch some more.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I tried to watch this....being a HUGE Breaking Bad fan I had high hopes for it. To be honest I was very disappointed...I watched the first 2 episodes and gave up on it. The acting is horrible, the ideas in the script are bad, the 2 grown butt men on skateboards acting like kids, then Tuco comes into the scene at the very end of the second episode and suddenly Saul is fighting for his life....just felt very forced to me.

I'll let a few more episodes play out and see what the general consensus then...I might give it another go if it's still looking good to others.

Reaction score
I tried to watch this....being a HUGE Breaking Bad fan I had high hopes for it. To be honest I was very disappointed...I watched the first 2 episodes and gave up on it. The acting is horrible, the ideas in the script are bad, the 2 grown butt men on skateboards acting like kids, then Tuco comes into the scene at the very end of the second episode and suddenly Saul is fighting for his life....just felt very forced to me.

I'll let a few more episodes play out and see what the general consensus then...I might give it another go if it's still looking good to others.

Shows such as breaking bad and better call saul are about character progression. You cannot just put the entire material into an episode or two because then you're left with a whole bunch of bad seasons.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Shows such as breaking bad and better call saul are about character progression. You cannot just put the entire material into an episode or two because then you're left with a whole bunch of bad seasons.

Thats true about Breaking Bad...the first season was a snoozefest...I tried to watch the first season about 3 times...finally gave up forever...then my wife fell in love with it. So I started at season 2...instantly hooked.

Edit: Holy poop I'm a mod! lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last ep next week, not sure when Season 2 is planned to air, or if they've even started filming it yet.

So far already the season is proving to be excellent with it's character progression and story line.

Anyone else notice the guy in the parking lot who Mike knocks out strangely looks like Trevor from Grand Theft Auto?

Reaction score
Small theory about mike below:

SPOILER WARNING!!

I've noticed a few people on BCS and BB which can be related to Mike somehow. As a friend, or whatever. Or what the mike calls "the guy" (because of that scene that he tells jesse: "You're not the guy. You're not capable of being the guy. I had a guy but now I don't. You are not the guy.").

Maybe this is the guy (?):

3d315cc79355fd15a4b99aaae3f77067 - [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS - RaGEZONE Forums

A guy that I though it was the same of the taxi guy, but now I doubt it:

5c97e6ef853da42e71b2ff74600bd422 - [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS - RaGEZONE Forums

And Mike has clearly some affection with some guy, on this scene:

f34a540f9f550778947ea0764168dfed - [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS - RaGEZONE Forums

----------------------------------------------

Lewis
It's Steven Ogg, that means it's who made Trevor's voiceover. They maded copied his look on GTA V. So we can say IT'S TREVOR!

Lewis - [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Rogu3
Reaction score
Small theory about mike below:

SPOILER WARNING!!

I've noticed a few people on BCS and BB which can be related to Mike somehow. As a friend, or whatever. Or what the mike calls "the guy" (because of that scene that he tells jesse: "You're not the guy. You're not capable of being the guy. I had a guy but now I don't. You are not the guy.").

Maybe this is the guy (?):

3d315cc79355fd15a4b99aaae3f77067 - [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS - RaGEZONE Forums

A guy that I though it was the same of the taxi guy, but now I doubt it:

5c97e6ef853da42e71b2ff74600bd422 - [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS - RaGEZONE Forums

And Mike has clearly some affection with some guy, on this scene:

f34a540f9f550778947ea0764168dfed - [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS - RaGEZONE Forums

----------------------------------------------

@Lewis
It's Steven Ogg, that means it's who made Trevor's voiceover. They maded copied his look on GTA V. So we can say IT'S TREVOR!

Good theory, but I'm pretty sure "the guy" was Victor.

The only reason I believe this is "the guy" is because Mike also kind of said in that car ride that "the guy" kept his mouth shut. Victor was like the silent type who only spoke when necessary, which is a bit ironic, he ended up dying because he opened his mouth and tried to show off. Plus, he only died like a couple episodes before the whole "the guy" episode.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Last ep next week, not sure when Season 2 is planned to air, or if they've even started filming it yet.

So far already the season is proving to be excellent with it's character progression and story line.

Anyone else notice the guy in the parking lot who Mike knocks out strangely looks like Trevor from Grand Theft Auto?
Season 2 is apparently planned to air early 2016. :/:

Reaction score
Hopefully we get to see some more Post-Breaking Bad stuff, although not sure how they'd write it all in as I don't see much more of a story unless they bump into another BrBa character, what I highly doubt would happen

Reaction score
Hopefully we get to see some more Post-Breaking Bad stuff, although not sure how they'd write it all in as I don't see much more of a story unless they bump into another BrBa character, what I highly doubt would happen

Gus probably will show up next season, as mike was talking on the phone and he asked: "have you worked with him before?", he was prob mentioning gus

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Bump.

I was planning to create a new thread, but I found this thread. Anyone still watching this?

--

Even though the title states spoilers, I still feel inclined to wrap the spoilers in tags.

Spoilers for Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad.
The latest episode was fantastic, it took a break from plot development, to flesh out the characters, and add depth to Chuck and Jimmy's past. The episode's primary focus was Kim; how it was handled is perfect. Showing a montage of Kim's efforts to obtain a new client was very effective, especially when Howard kept her in the doghouse - after all the work she put into obtaining a new client. Truly effective use of a montage. Lastly, Tio's appearance was great, especially seeing Mike nervous for the first time. I also believe that it's hinting towards the arrival of Gus (not to mention the other hints earlier in the season).

Also.. Walter White isn't dead.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mike is such a Ducking bad butt, easily the most interesting side character to me this far. I also think we'll be seeing an appearance of Gus sometime soon like @Jax said. It might be the end of the season cliff hanger?

S02E06
Just saw the "cousins" (just watching the latest one now). Feels like a lot of BB characters are appearing, so might not be so long until Gustavo shows his face.

Last edited:

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Mike is such a Ducking bad butt, easily the most interesting side character to me this far. I also think we'll be seeing an appearance of Gus sometime soon like @Jax said. It might be the end of the season cliff hanger?

S02E06
Just saw the "cousins" (just watching the latest one now). Feels like a lot of BB characters are appearing, so might not be so long until Gustavo shows his face.

Another great episode. It's great seeing Michael Slovis back, but as a director, not a cinematographer!

The long take of Mike moving through his house, to draw out Tio's men is one of the greatest scenes of BCS.

All I can say about the recent episode:

They nailed it. BRAV(ince)O

Last edited:
Back