[TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Platinum Subscription Lewis is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,157Posts

    [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS


    RaGEZONE Recommends

    RaGEZONE Recommends

    Since the show has just premiered and the only thread about the show is over a year old I decided to make a thread regarding it (the old thread had some Breaking Bad spoilers too)

    Trailer




    The show is all about how James McGill turns into who we all know as Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad, the show is set 7 years before we meet him within Breaking Bad. In the first episode we saw two characters who most of us will instantly recognize, one being Mike Ehrmantraut and the other being Tuco Salamanca. The show airs on Monday nights in America and is on Netflix for UK users on Tuesdays (I'm not sure about other places).

    Refrain from spoilers...


  2. #2
    Anotha One Wicious is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    StockholmLocation
    845Posts

    re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    Can't wait for episode 4. I didn't have very high expectations at first, but after watching the first episode, I was hooked. I already strongly like this show. And it being a Netflix original is also a plus, so that we can stream the new episodes right away. I wonder who else from Breaking Bad will make appearances in this show. I am almost certain that Hank will show himself as he's a DEA agent.

    It airs on tuesdays in Sweden too.

  3. #3
    Evil Scottish Overlord Junkers is offline
    LegendRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    8,505Posts

    re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    Can we not discuss it using the [spoiler] tag and just let folk know what episode we're talking about before they click the spoiler? Pwease?

  4. #4
    Platinum Subscription Lewis is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,157Posts

    re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Junkers View Post
    Can we not discuss it using the [spoiler] tag and just let folk know what episode we're talking about before they click the spoiler? Pwease?
    That's a good thing to do but no spoilers have been posted so far :p

  5. #5
    Custom title enabled ChewBecca is offline
    LegendRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    Low Wycombe, CLocation
    7,843Posts

    re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    SPOILERS LOLOL

    Don't know if anyone has noticed, but Tuco is who made Walter White AND Saul goodman. Both of these characters had enough time spent with him, to make life changing traits to their behaviour.

    Saul was literally dealing with two lives, of which he managed to talk Tuco out of killing them, and get them just a broken leg each instead. (which personally I think was flaming brilliant)

    Ive only got through the second episode, but I cant wait until I can watch some more.







  6. #6
    Pessimistic Ass@%&! Monolith is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jan 2008 Join Date
    DallasLocation
    2,315Posts

    Re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    I tried to watch this....being a HUGE Breaking Bad fan I had high hopes for it. To be honest I was very disappointed...I watched the first 2 episodes and gave up on it. The acting is horrible, the ideas in the script are bad, the 2 grown ass men on skateboards acting like kids, then Tuco comes into the scene at the very end of the second episode and suddenly Saul is fighting for his life....just felt very forced to me.

    I'll let a few more episodes play out and see what the general consensus then...I might give it another go if it's still looking good to others.

  7. #7
    Platinum Subscription Lewis is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,157Posts

    Re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    Latest ep is now out, damn it was a good ep, focusing on Mikes past

  8. #8
    GET OVER HERE! MentaL is offline
      Administrator  Rank
    Jan 2001 Join Date
    32,914Posts

    Re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
    I tried to watch this....being a HUGE Breaking Bad fan I had high hopes for it. To be honest I was very disappointed...I watched the first 2 episodes and gave up on it. The acting is horrible, the ideas in the script are bad, the 2 grown ass men on skateboards acting like kids, then Tuco comes into the scene at the very end of the second episode and suddenly Saul is fighting for his life....just felt very forced to me.

    I'll let a few more episodes play out and see what the general consensus then...I might give it another go if it's still looking good to others.
    Shows such as breaking bad and better call saul are about character progression. You cannot just put the entire material into an episode or two because then you're left with a whole bunch of bad seasons.
    RaGEZONE Recommends

  9. #9
    Pessimistic Ass@%&! Monolith is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jan 2008 Join Date
    DallasLocation
    2,315Posts

    Re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    Shows such as breaking bad and better call saul are about character progression. You cannot just put the entire material into an episode or two because then you're left with a whole bunch of bad seasons.
    Thats true about Breaking Bad...the first season was a snoozefest...I tried to watch the first season about 3 times...finally gave up forever...then my wife fell in love with it. So I started at season 2...instantly hooked.


    Edit: Holy shit I'm a mod! lol
    Last edited by Monolith; 12-03-15 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Ephinany

  10. #10
    Platinum Subscription Lewis is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,157Posts

    Re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    Last ep next week, not sure when Season 2 is planned to air, or if they've even started filming it yet.

    So far already the season is proving to be excellent with it's character progression and story line.

    Spoiler:
    Anyone else notice the guy in the parking lot who Mike knocks out strangely looks like Trevor from Grand Theft Auto?

  11. #11
    Babylon the Great Droppy is offline
    DeveloperRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    1,947Posts

    Re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    Small theory about mike below:

    SPOILER WARNING!!

    Spoiler:

    I've noticed a few people on BCS and BB which can be related to Mike somehow. As a friend, or whatever. Or what the mike calls "the guy" (because of that scene that he tells jesse: "You're not the guy. You're not capable of being the guy. I had a guy but now I don't. You are not the guy.").

    Maybe this is the guy (?):



    A guy that I though it was the same of the taxi guy, but now I doubt it:



    And Mike has clearly some affection with some guy, on this scene:





    ----------------------------------------------

    @Lewis
    Spoiler:
    It's Steven Ogg, that means it's who made Trevor's voiceover. They maded copied his look on GTA V. So we can say IT'S TREVOR!


    Last edited by Droppy; 01-04-15 at 06:44 AM.

    Subscribe | Rules
    PM Me | Add Me

    Developer / Ex-Moderator



  12. #12
    Rogu3 Wreckless is offline
    SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,369Posts

    Re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Droppy View Post
    Small theory about mike below:

    SPOILER WARNING!!

    Spoiler:

    I've noticed a few people on BCS and BB which can be related to Mike somehow. As a friend, or whatever. Or what the mike calls "the guy" (because of that scene that he tells jesse: "You're not the guy. You're not capable of being the guy. I had a guy but now I don't. You are not the guy.").

    Maybe this is the guy (?):



    A guy that I though it was the same of the taxi guy, but now I doubt it:



    And Mike has clearly some affection with some guy, on this scene:





    ----------------------------------------------

    @Lewis
    Spoiler:
    It's Steven Ogg, that means it's who made Trevor's voiceover. They maded copied his look on GTA V. So we can say IT'S TREVOR!


    Good theory, but I'm pretty sure "the guy" was Victor.

    The only reason I believe this is "the guy" is because Mike also kind of said in that car ride that "the guy" kept his mouth shut. Victor was like the silent type who only spoke when necessary, which is a bit ironic, he ended up dying because he opened his mouth and tried to show off. Plus, he only died like a couple episodes before the whole "the guy" episode.
    Last edited by Wreckless; 10-04-15 at 05:07 AM.
    Not all fuckboys are heartless, some are just heartbroken.

  13. #13
    Anotha One Wicious is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    StockholmLocation
    845Posts

    Re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Last ep next week, not sure when Season 2 is planned to air, or if they've even started filming it yet.

    So far already the season is proving to be excellent with it's character progression and story line.

    Spoiler:
    Anyone else notice the guy in the parking lot who Mike knocks out strangely looks like Trevor from Grand Theft Auto?
    Season 2 is apparently planned to air early 2016.

  14. #14
    GET OVER HERE! MentaL is offline
      Administrator  Rank
    Jan 2001 Join Date
    32,914Posts

    Re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    I was not aware no10 was the last. Imagine my face when Im tucked up in bed Tuesday night ready for my weekly dose of awesome only to be greeted with the same old playlist as the previous week. FML.
    RaGEZONE Recommends

  15. #15
    Babylon the Great Droppy is offline
    DeveloperRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    1,947Posts

    Re: [TV] Better Call Saul SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    I was not aware no10 was the last. Imagine my face when Im tucked up in bed Tuesday night ready for my weekly dose of awesome only to be greeted with the same old playlist as the previous week. FML.
    Now perhaps only 2016
    can't wait for next season!!!!!!!!

    Subscribe | Rules
    PM Me | Add Me

    Developer / Ex-Moderator






Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement