Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TV] The Need To Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to get this section a little more active with this thread.

So the general idea behind this thread is to build a list of the must watch TV series. This list will be in no particular order - just in the order people submit their entries.

To add to the list you must say why it is so awesome, your rating and IMDB Rating.

The List:
Code:
1. The Walking Dead
2. Spooks/Mi5
3. Breaking Bad
4. Marvel Agents of Shield
5. Revolution
6. Black Sails
7. Game of Thrones
8. American Horror Story
9. Sons of Anarchy
10. Vikings
11. Arrow
12. Dexter
13. The Shield
14. The Unit
15. Californication
16. Inbetweeners
17. Jackass
18. Prison Break
19. Reno 911
20. Workaholics
21. Family Guy
22. American Dad
23. Simpsons
24. Pokemon
25. Friends
26. Gotham
27. The Fall

So get submitting ;)!

You can view the FILM version here

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Marvel Agents of Shield. IMDB 7.2 Awesome show...great acting...

Revolution. IMDB 6.7 End of the world scenario with a sci fi twist...love this show. (Cancelled) :(

Black Sails. IMDB 8.2 Spartacus on the ocean...

Game of Thrones. IMDB 9.5 Name says it all....best show on TV...IMO

American Horror Story. IMDB 8.5 New story each season...awesome acting and story lines.

Sons of Anarchy. IMDB 8.8 Last season coming up...going to be the best one yet.

Vikings. IMDB 8.5 New take on the Viking story....great characters and true to era feel.

Arrow. IMDB 8.2 Imagine Smallville with a bad boy archer hero instead....

IMDB rating are pretty much accurate and reflect my own rating.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dexter (IMDB 9.1) is still worth watching even though the writing went a bit downhill.
The Shield (IMDB 8.8): is another show worth watching.
The Unit (IMDB 8.1): like any good action show/movie you need to suspend disbelief a little to get enjoyment out of it.
Californication (IMDB 8.5): is pretty good for a comedy-drama
Inbetweeners (IMDB 8.5): one of my favourite shows ever.
Jackass (IMDB 7.2): I guess this counts as a TV show.
Prison Break (IMDB 8.6): Like Dexter the writing was hit & miss.
Reno 911 (IMDB 8.0): Good show if you like stupid-comedy.
Workaholics (IMDB 8.3): same as above.

Sons of Anarchy. IMDB 8.8 Last season coming up...going to be the best one yet.
*spoilers*

My god I still can't get over how Tara died lol

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea been watching Gotham since it came out...it is an awesome show...

Tried to watch the new Marvel Agent Carter...bored me so much fell asleep on the couch....

Reaction score
I've recently got into Gotham and I would recommend that show :)

Yea been watching Gotham since it came out...it is an awesome show...

Tried to watch the new Marvel Agent Carter...bored me so much fell asleep on the couch....

Added Gotham to the list :)!

Also Added The Fall (Top quality drama)

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ridiculousness, The Office and That 70's Show are my favorites and top 3 recommendations.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Scorpion is another new one I've really be in to....and I'm waiting for the return of True Detective....the first season was pretty good.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Better Call Saul
Freaks & Geeks

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Last man on earth....been watching this...it's pretty funny.

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 9.1 IMDB
Not a weeaboo, but this poop is awesome. It's got a score of 9.1, rated by 34,224 users, for a reason. It's the only anime I can stand, really (Michiko & Hatchin is good too, though). The mysteries grab you, the storyline isn't insane, and it truly has something to say. It's got something for everyone. Really, the author is some kind of genius. As opposed to whoever the duck came up with Kill La Kill. If that stays on much longer, I'll stop watching Adult Swim on Saturday evenings.

Grace and Frankie (Netflix) - 8.2 IMDB
Unique, adorable, and fun. I love the idea of these two being foils. An uptight socialite and her seemingly polar opposite, a hippie-dippie queen, find themselves forced together after their husbands admit not only to being gay, but to being in love with each other. The storyline is wonderful, as is the cast, and I happen to think its a really ballsy move for Netflix to have aired this. Nevertheless, it definitely worked on me. Really charming series.

Hatufim (Hulu) - 8.4 IMDB
Two Israeli POWs return after more than a decade of torture and imprisonment in an extremist camp. However, once they return, nothing is as it seems for their families or for themselves. The series focuses on how their condition impacts not only themselves, but the people around them. Despite being in Hebrew, I was sucked in after a few episodes of season 1. The creator, an Israeli, also did the TV show 'Homeland,' which (I've heard) was loosely based on this show. The point is, this is a great show if you move through a few episodes. By the time you've hit season 2, you'll be craving answers.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force - IMDB 7.7
It's a show that makes no sense, really. Surreal humor is one of those things that is hilarious when it's still able to be called consistent. I mean, there's no real way to describe it past that.

I'd recommend this short clip:

As the banana said "a sorry sack of tangerine witch," I remembered how the voice actor was in my #1 recommendation.

Arrested Development (Netflix) - IMDB 9.1

Again. 9.1 for a reason. This show is Ducking hilarious.

"Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep it all together." The family is in ruins, and Michael has to deal with his selfish, lazy, egomaniac siblings along with his demonic mother, criminally-mismanaged company, and imprisoned father.
The series is brilliant. Every time I watch it, I have an "aha!" moment because of all the callbacks littering the series. The series is basically a laugh-a-thon fueled by the aforementioned callbacks and coincidences leading up to each episode's end. It never gained much popularity while on network television, but anyone (ANYONE) who sees it agrees that it was a stupid call to end it. Which is why Netflix picked it up for a fourth season (not a great one, though) and, if all goes accordingly, a movie.
If you don't watch anything else on this list, at least watch this series!

That's about it for now. Anyone agree?

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
THE BRINK!

The new show I'm watching...it is freaking HILARIOUS!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Looking really good with plot and all that tattoos on that girl :8:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back