Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Best Upcoming Movies of 2014

Reaction score
Every now and then, I like to create these lists around the middle of the year to showcase the best-looking movies of the upcoming year. Here are some of the best looking movies of 2014, categorized for your viewing pleasure. It's going to be a good year, people!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Comedy

1. Dumb and Dumber To
Description:
20 years after the dimwits set out on their first adventure, they head out in search of one of their long lost children in the hope of gaining a new kidney.
Release Date: Mid-2014

Savage - The Best Upcoming Movies of 2014 - RaGEZONE Forums

2. 22 Jump Street

Description: Plot unknown.

3. Neighbors

Description:
A couple with a newborn baby face unexpected difficulties after they are forced to live next to a fraternity house.
Release Date: May 9th, 2014

Superhero/Comic Book

1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Description: Spider-Man squares off against the Rhino and the powerful Electro while struggling to keep his promise to leave Gwen Stacey out of his dangerous life.
Release Date: May 2nd, 2014

2. X-Men: Days of Future Past

Description:
The X-Men send Wolverine to the past to change a major historical event that could globally impact man and mutant kind.
Release Date: May 23rd, 2014

3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Description:
Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.
Release Date: April 4th, 2014

4. Guardians of the Galaxy

Description:
A jet pilot gets stranded in space, and must unite a diverse team of aliens to form a squad capable of defeating cosmic threats.
Release Date: August 1st, 2014

5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Description:
Aliens invade Earth and inadvertently spawn a quartet of mutated reptilian warriors, the Ninja Turtles, who rise up against them to defend the world.
Release Date: August 8th, 2014

Honorable Mentions:
- The Punisher
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

Drama

1. The Hobbit: There and Back Again (Drama/Action)
Description:Bilbo, Gandalf and the Dwarves are in Smaug's lair, but will they get their gold and return home safely?
Release Date: December 17th, 2014

2. 300: Rise of an Empire
(Drama/Action)
Description:
The Greek general Themistocles battles an invading army of Persians under the mortal-turned-god, Xerxes.
Release Date: March 7th, 2014

3. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay (Drama/Action)
Description:
Katniss Everdeen reluctantly becomes the symbol of a mass rebellion against the autocratic Capitol.
Release Date: November 21st, 2014

4. Need for Speed
(Drama/Action)
Description:
Fresh from prison, a street racer who was framed by a wealthy business associate joins a cross country race with revenge in mind. His ex-partner, learning of the plan, places a massive bounty on his head as the race begins.
Release Date: March 14th, 2014

5. Noah

Description:
The Biblical Noah suffers visions of an apocalyptic deluge, and takes measures to protect his family from the coming flood.
Release Date: March 28th, 2014

6. Black Panther
Description:
The royal leader of an African nation is bestowed with super human powers.

7. Pompeii
Description:
Set in the days leading up to the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, a slave on a ship heading for Naples works to get home to save the woman he loves and his best friend, a gladiator trapped inside the city's coliseum.
Release Date: February 21st, 2014

Honorable Mentions (Drama/Action):
- The Expendables 3
- Fast and Furious 7
- Seventh Son

Science Fiction

1. Godzilla
Description:
A giant radioactive monster called Godzilla appears to wreak destruction on mankind.
Release Date: May 16th, 2014

2. Interstellar
Description:
A group of explorers make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.
Release Date: November 17th, 2014

3. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Description:
A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.

4. RoboCop
Description:
In 2028 Detroit, when Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) - a loving husband, father and good cop - is critically injured in the line of duty, the multinational conglomerate OmniCorp sees their chance for a part-man, part-robot police officer.
Release Date:February 7th, 2014

Honorable Mentions:
- Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Jupiter Ascending

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading the post. More movies will be added to the list as they are announced. Please keep in mind that the movie posters and release dates are not guaranteed and may change over the course of the year.

Trailers will be added to this thread as they are released.

Updates:
Updates will be added accordingly.

--
Cameron

Last edited:
Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
God it better not be some overhyped, crappy CGI-spammed panoramic-filled Dangle-Plums

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't think Humans vs Apes would really be to popular, everyone wants Humans to win, because its our species. And it's pretty stupid if they think a Chimp could take over the world. Looking forward to it anyway. (Dawn of the planet of the apes)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
everyone wants Humans to win, because its our species.
I'd like to see Apes win... but if this follows the original series, you don't, simply because the Apes had picked up more of Humanities bad traits than we ever had, which is how they took over in the first place.

The "Planet of the Apes" series of films allowed us to view humanity through the eyes of what we consider "dumb animals" by switching the rolls. Humans where kept in zoos as a curiosity by the Apes who had developed equivalent technologies to us while we had devolved to simple creatures who could only communicate through grunts and base emotions. Because of the time which passed, the ape archaeologists assumed that any evidence of former human civilization was proof that apes had always been civilized and had vast technology. They couldn't believe human fossils where anything but their ancestors.

It's a lot like one of Lemuel Gullivers strange worlds, where the humans where "savages" and pests the horses had to keep under control. (one of the more controversial chapters of the original, which is often left out of later re-interpretations)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
God it better not be some overhyped, crappy CGI-spammed panoramic-filled Dangle-Plums

It won't be the Zilla they used in 1998. Godzilla is meant to stand up properly again. Hooray!!!.

It's going to be busy at the cinemas !!!

X-Men.. wonder what will be the story line..

If I remember right, the story this movie is based on is the future is in ruins after the sentinels were built to destroy the mutants so wolverine is sent back to the past to stop the sentinels from ever being built. I could be wrong though but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm actually waiting to watch The Punisher 2014 Movie

After i've seen the old The Punisher movie it seems to be one of the best stories that came up ever

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am waiting for the best fictional movie "Avatar 2" next part of the series. Its first part was the most amazing in 3D now i am desperately waiting for the next advanced level. Hope it will be more advanced and interesting with new story and new characters.

Reaction score
I am waiting for the best fictional movie "Avatar 2" next part of the series. Its first part was the most amazing in 3D now i am desperately waiting for the next advanced level. Hope it will be more advanced and interesting with new story and new characters.

There won't be a Avatar 2, you can't really come up with another story line for it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Jason statham in FF7 ? that's great :D

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lucas Blask signs on for f&f 7,8 and 9 ? wtf? wow , this is awesome ~

Back