Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Last step for some of us not solved (password wrong/mysql)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have been trying to make a server for the last 2-3 months but i kept running into errors which were solved overtime, the only thing that i cannot solve and is the last step is this password wrong error, also there's less info on how to use mysql and more on MSSQL, like i know the script on creating an account for MSSQL, but not for mysql, i have seen comments of being able to only run the server with mysql... like come on... give us more info or a guide?; these people asked the questions that would've helped me if they were answered... (page 56-56 on battle of the immortals files and guide)

(anddiy)

Re: Battle of the Immortals Files and Guide

Hey quys quick question, do you need any link between your windows and linux other than the Ips in the files that are replaced and the fact that the VM is on the same PC?

I'm confused after watching the video posted in another guide where he is using ''Connect to server option'' from inside linux to get the files from windows... does it do more than allow him to share files? Or am i just overthinking?

Thanks!

()​

Re: Battle of the Immortals Files and Guide

Hello all, i m really upset with server, and can not figure out how to make him to work,
here is SS all my server its same like any who have working client but i can't make him to logged in.

Firewall <disabled> on both side
and here is SS both servers and MSSQL tabeles :
LordZero0 - Last step for some of us not solved (password wrong/mysql) - RaGEZONE Forums LordZero0 - Last step for some of us not solved (password wrong/mysql) - RaGEZONE Forums
Checked all IP on both side .

please help with this last steps :)

Thank you​

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that's not a problem of ip configuration / firewall , since it is connected successfully.
and if you see the login response is incorrect password, so it means it gets the password input but its probably the wrong type and it doesn't recognize it.

the error could be between database field "password" (maybe wrong field type),
or maybe is the login procedure in mssql.
check authd logs in linux side if it gives more clues.

and check how you register the account. what method , what command

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that's not a problem of ip configuration / firewall , since it is connected successfully.
and if you see the login response is incorrect password, so it means it gets the password input but its probably the wrong type and it doesn't recognize it.

the error could be between database field "password" (maybe wrong field type),
or maybe is the login procedure in mssql.
check authd logs in linux side if it gives more clues.

and check how you register the account. what method , what command

Alright boifan, i'll check all those things and thanks for the help :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I somehow managed to delete the whole thing i wrote here just now :/ so here we go... again xD

I've downloaded 2 BOI tools right here on Ragezone, and most of the errors pointed towards MySql, the first tool by "BeatzEpvp" called "BOIToolsFinal"; <-- this is what it looks like when i open it, all those names are names of accounts which i had made using MSSQL
Now, when i click "Continue", again it shows that MsSql is fine, but is having an issue with MySql, i don't think the issue is settings-related as it suggests but i do think it's to do with the "No character editing available" stuff and this is the stuff i don't know much off, i'm guessing it's those register scripts like in mssql? :/, this is the settings for this tool

Next is a tool by "Necros" called "GetOnline"; these are my settings for it
And the error i get is;
i also used to also get;

Anyway, so it seems the error is mysql-related, and looking over the forum i came across this post by Necros;
http://forum.ragezone.com/f770/release-protocol-mysql-connection-1028755/
although the links are dead, the scrips should help, i had no idea we needed these on the shengui db in mysql (linux), idk how i get them on shengui but i'll try to, also this is a screenshot of mysql workbench in my CentOS (linux);

By the way excuse my messy unorganised message :eek:tt1:
If anyone wanna help through Skype or something it'll be -Durlocc

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah that might be my problem aswell, although i have trouble understanding some of the things so i'll quote and if possible can u help/clarify;

"config MSSQL, change ip's etc you need the basic and not explained think."
Is this referring to; ?

-"also you need to grant acces to Linux on MSSQL windows machine"
-"On Windows side is made on SQL when you add the linux ip in the network config tc/ip"
I don't know how to those ^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay,my english is really bad, what i want to tell the ppl is you need to follow the guide step by step, and after that do what i explained as a solution. my " and not explained think" is the solution is not explained. Is grant acces to both, centos and windows ip's. It's like when you install mysql first time you need to grant acces to mysql if you enter with other PC with other IP, if not mysql will trow you an error about permissions. So is do this with MSSQL win side ( put your CentOS ip there to grant permissions) and with MYSQL on CentOS side ( put the IP of windows in users to grant permissions ) it's the code i put there, you're granting permissions on SQL when you follow the guide, but the guide dont tell you that you need to do the same on CentOS side with MYSQL.... It's just that. then you will not have more password problems.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply DjFerry, and don't worry about your english :D, you're one of the few people willing to share/help people out :thumbup1: i will try this again when i get home :):

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if i remember well... if you had heidisql the best way to know if you have acces to mysql via windows, is try to enter with heidi. If it's saying to you it's not possible that is the error im explaining. Then need to add a user with your windows ip into MySQL centos... first create user then grant permissions, when you can enter with your heidisql into centos mysql, then you can login to the game.... this happens to me some day after 2 years when i tired to try to put the server up.... then configuring other server's i remembered this problem and i solved. If you se my post you will see that 2 years lol.... it's really easy step but not explained in any tutorial. It's basics but not all ppl see that step. I hope you can play that game in near future :)

If you are on VM just backup the entire folder, for if you mess something.... if you followed well the guide , open your VM centos... Remember change IP WINDOWS to your windows IP.

open terminal and.....

mysql -u root –p

put the password. then...

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO'IP WINDOWS'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'game'WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO'IP WINDOWS'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'game'WITH GRANT OPTION;

You need to create a user or Mysql will not found that user and can't grant acces.

CREATE USER'root'@'IP WINDOWS' IDENTIFIED BY'password';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO'root'@'IP WINDOWS'WITH GRANT OPTION;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

After that you can connect via heidi, then start the server and login.

If it's not that then i really dont know... but this solved my problem about pasword problems...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and help Djferry! :D, alright, so i got heidisql, then i tried to connect but it gave an error saying i had no permission, so i did all the codes ^, made the user and granted privileges, then i tried again using user as "root" and passward as "game" to connect, but it failed, so i used Window ip as user and "game" as passward, and it worked :D.
So i changed the BOIToolsFinal settings by putting windows ip in user and "game" in password, and it said the same error "No character editing available", when i made a account, i got this error , maybe now i need to change user/pass in some auth files for mysql? idk ahaha, if anyone knows what scrips i need for mysql and how to use em, plz reply

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
After this you need to create a normal account with normal password and if i remember well it works.

This is just to make a "union" i dont found the word xD connection union with your machines.

I see your image about character failed, you need to put another primary key "Pk_users" on "dbo.users" it's telling you that that primary key is already in use. Put 2 not 1. It's telling you that (1) its already in use, and primary keys need to be unique.

Read 3-4-5 line of the error it's telling that.

( im not an expert and i do this a lot month ago xd so im telling using my memory. )

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:w00t: ahahaha you're right, i messed around with mysql and putting in register script, after restoring the original centos again because i got other errors xD, i changed the ip's and character was created successfully, now i'm ganna try log onto server.

:$:
sigh, i guess i'm ganna get some sleep now xD, that's another 6 hours wasted on trying to make this work :(

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't worry i spend weeks to get that server up xD this is basically because we dont have the knowledge but, you learn from that, it's the nice part :)

well i need to say sometimes, the login fail, you need to restart centos, then again put windows server up. Just use 1 line at the start, then later if you logged well, open the other 8.

From what i see i really dont know xd but your lines are pointing to the right place? open your sline1 and see if all it's correct. And remember if you have some loging errors, sometimes is because centos it's not up properly. ( sometimes happens to me ) Or it's somethign related to gamserver but i sincerly dont know what is happening... it's like some bad config, and can't connect to gameserver, but i dont know....

Also remember to put all .exes with admin rights. If not will fail.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are right, sometimes i had no connection to centos but if i refresh it works, also i deleted all my lines xD, only had line 2, anyway i will keep trying, and yeah you learn so much from these errors, i guess those people that refuse to spoon feed are helping cause there's no way i'd know what i know now without these errors :p, thanks for the help and i will keep trying, it's what makes it worth in the end, the time/effort placed into making these servers :"D "about 3-4 months for me now" :shakehands:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well you need all lines because some events / instances are in specific realms :/ those realms are the lines! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah true xD. last night i managed to get my old laptop running and downloaded all the boi server files/centos and so on then i set up everything (changed ip's, moved files to centos), anyway i was unable to download SQL :p, i start.sh on linux and started server files on window running realm 1-3, then i connected my other laptop that has the password wrong error using Hamachi, i changed the ip in BOI launcher files with hamachi ip, then i launched BOI and the server was online. I will try to connect SQL to the mysql using hamachi to make accounts :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Replace your old passwd.
login account: yourname
login passwd: yourpasswd

MSSQL passwd: md5(yournamwpasswd)
Exp: admin, 123456

Your md5 pass: admin123456 (use md5 online to encode it )

Restart your game sv.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Back