Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WoI and BoI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can I use BoI and WoI on one PC?
Personally at me it is impossible :thumbdown:

Maybe someone prompt if one can use WoI and BoI for one PC

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yes you can..you have to clone your centOS machine (one for BOI, one for WOI)..mssql database u can use it for both but if u wanna have one for each server, you can make a new instance.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes you can..you have to clone your centOS machine (one for BOI, one for WOI)..mssql database u can use it for both but if u wanna have one for each server, you can make a new instance.

stop lieing, you cannot run 2 servers at once, yes you can run 2x linux

but you can only run 1 gateserver, 1 managerserver, 1 sharedmemory etc (the windows part)
so you either run BOI or WOI, not both at once

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I understand change ports I so understood did not gets?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I understand change ports I so understood did not gets?

wont work, you can only run 1 managerserver, 1 gateserver, 1 local saverserver etc, the only thing you can run more then once is line.exe

edit: actually, you can run 2 at once!!!
requirements: lots of RAM, and a bit of CPU horsepower
2 VM's with windows server or something on it
2 VM's with linux

give each VM a unique IP and it will work.

Reaction score
wont work, you can only run 1 managerserver, 1 gateserver, 1 local saverserver etc, the only thing you can run more then once is line.exe

edit: actually, you can run 2 at once!!!
requirements: lots of RAM, and a bit of CPU horsepower
2 VM's with windows server or something on it
2 VM's with linux

give each VM a unique IP and it will work.

lol I was about to say... Because I am running 3 OS in Vmware 2 linux 1 window and my Main host so yeah you can run both if you want to but it require a lot of ram also I'll recommand i7 core cpu if youc an afford it :D like GaintAxe say.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If I run WoI and BoI on the same PC with you on 5$

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
okey did a test
my setup: AMD Phenom II x6 1600T @ 4ghz
24gb 1600mhz ram

okey, so, i had 3 VM's. and i gave 4gb to to linux and 8gb to windows ram to each of em.
so: 1x windows VM
2x CentOS VM

so that puts it at 16gb usage, leaves 8gb more, ram isnt the issue at all

however, when you are trying to run the servers, you can run about 2 realms for each one
2x WOI and 2x BOI, this would put my cpu at a total of around 50% useage, estimated max is around 3 realms of each server i guess, i did try with 4 of each but this would put my cpu at 90~100% usage, possible but if the server gets any real load you run out of CPU space, so thats not recommended.

so, if you are really serious about this, and you want to run both servers on 1 server i recommend atleast 8 cores (if you want to run all 8 realms for both servers i would go and look for a server with 16 cores at least)

every gameserver uses around 500~600 mb ram, so to be safe i recommend atleast 16gb, but again if you want to run 2 servers i'd go safe and just take 24 or 32, afther all your VM's need RAM too, the MySQL and MSSQL server both need RAM.

be warned though, i wouldnt recommend any of this to begin with. if you want 2 servers i recommend you get 2 physical servers, each running their own part. not running everything on 1 server.

(oh and i recommend a good SSD with 128gb and high read/write speeds if you really want to run 8 realms of both servers on 1 physical server.)

i wish you good luck with it, but its doubtfull its going to be any stable.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My Server PC
Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz/6MB
Sata III 2 TB
DDR3 -32 GB 2133 Mz
Radeon HD7750 1GB 128 bit

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
stop lieing, you cannot run 2 servers at once, yes you can run 2x linux

but you can only run 1 gateserver, 1 managerserver, 1 sharedmemory etc (the windows part)
so you either run BOI or WOI, not both at once

first of all, he said if he can USE, not if he can RUN at the same time..or atleast that's what I thought.. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back