Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WoI tutorial poll

[Video] WoI tutorial with or w/o video

• Video and Notepad

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Guide no video

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No tutorial at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just passing by

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well since most people don't know how to set up a WoI server I'll make ANOTHER tutorial though is was Kind of easy after Nerko give us his linux side. Must know about MSSQL/MYSQL not going to reply to people that dont know nothing or not even trying to learn it (use google and there a tons of videos tutorial how to learn those basic stuff).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
your choice if you want to do a tutorial, i wouldnt vote no cause maybe others need it.

tbh i have fought with these files so much by now I could draw giant spreadsheets of what has a relation with what, what everything is used for, what everything does.

but WOI isnt different compared to BOI, same files, same system, all you need to know is some of the extra's WOI uses (wich tbh isnt much, people who complained they couldnt GACD to work, my recommandation: leave it broken, all it does is ask you for a damn captcha when you log into the game. More annoying then anything else.)

what we need as community is look futher then just the server files now, i mean we got everything to make a working server now. But how do we continue, how will we actually enable patching from our server, edit clients to show our custom stuff.

we all know (or atleast those who put more time in it then 2 hours) how to basically set up a server. but how do we update the client to show our custom prices in the boutique, the new names for armor, customize the game etc. Like nobody has a clue how to edit the .SQP files yet for WOI (i know theres a extractor for BOI, but they said it didnt work for WOI + the site its hosted on doesnt even enable my acc so i can download the damn file or source files and do it myself either.)

edit: offtopic question, uhm is it just me or did the forum rollback a bit, cause the posts where Nerko posted his stuff etc are all gone + everyone who basically answered besides page 2 of the release)

Reaction score
tbh i have fought with these files so much by now I could draw giant spreadsheets of what has a relation with what, what everything is used for, what everything does.
Its true but like we as a community gotta do what we gotta do.
but WOI isnt different compared to BOI, same files, same system, all you need to know is some of the extra's WOI uses (wich tbh isnt much, people who complained they couldnt GACD to work, my recommandation: leave it broken, all it does is ask you for a damn captcha when you log into the game. More annoying then anything else.)
As you say yes I wish everyone would understand but nope they dont, even though everything is right there... *facepalm*
what we need as community is look futher then just the server files now, i mean we got everything to make a working server now. But how do we continue, how will we actually enable patching from our server, edit clients to show our custom stuff.
well for patching and other stuff relative is on the client side LauncherCfg but what do I know.
we all know (or atleast those who put more time in it then 2 hours) how to basically set up a server. but how do we update the client to show our custom prices in the boutique, the new names for armor, customize the game etc. Like nobody has a clue how to edit the .SQP files yet for WOI (i know theres a extractor for BOI, but they said it didnt work for WOI + the site its hosted on doesnt even enable my acc so i can download the damn file or source files and do it myself either.)
Thats is because we dont have any developer that know these stuff yet also these server files are still new to us for the time being.
edit: offtopic question, uhm is it just me or did the forum rollback a bit, cause the posts where Nerko posted his stuff etc are all gone + everyone who basically answered besides page 2 of the release)
Yup its been doing that for as long as I known.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello guys/girls i m back from hospital and see my all post gone XD , well nvm i m post links again .

@GiantAxe you are really go to make Pserver ? And if you are go to do this count me in for any help.
I'm already try to make some custom patch and ill release here after i finish, just for check how its work on diferent PC.

Reaction score
I will be posting some WoI GM command when I test them :)

EDIT: WOI SERVER HERE its the same one I use on my BOI_GOF and WOI. Follow the instruction and you should have a WOI server.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back