Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Adding More Realms

kev

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score

This is how to add more realms but warning all on 1 pc will lagg it to hell so better to just run the one u want to go in or split the files and move 6 realms to another pc and link them up running 2 on the main one.

Make copy of each gameserver then in each one change as below:-

server.ini
[Default]
Version=0
ManagerServerIP=Windows
ManagerServerPort=20021
ListenGatePort=40003
LineID= here put 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or 8 for each realm so like LineID=1 in the next copy of game server put LineID=2 and so on
ShowLoginIP=1

[LogServer]
Port = 9008
ServerIP = LINUX

[SharedMem]
SharedMemCount=1
SharedMemName1=Global\ShareMem1 < the end 1 change to match the same as the realm number so 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or 8
SharedMemSize1=100

Also in

ShareMemProc.ini

[Main]
SharedMemName1=Global\ShareMem1
SharedMemSize1=100
SharedMemName2=Global\ShareMem2
SharedMemSize2=100
SharedMemName3=Global\ShareMem3
SharedMemSize3=100
SharedMemName4=Global\ShareMem4
SharedMemSize4=100
SharedMemName5=Global\ShareMem5
SharedMemSize5=100
SharedMemName6=Global\ShareMem6
SharedMemSize6=100
SharedMemName7=Global\ShareMem7
SharedMemSize7=100
SharedMemName8=Global\ShareMem8
SharedMemSize8=100

also

LocalSaveServer.ini

change the bottom bit to :-

SharedMemCount=8

SharedMemName1=Global\ShareMem1
SharedMemSize1=100
SharedMemName2=Global\ShareMem2
SharedMemSize2=100
SharedMemName3=Global\ShareMem3
SharedMemSize3=100
SharedMemName4=Global\ShareMem4
SharedMemSize4=100
SharedMemName5=Global\ShareMem5
SharedMemSize5=100
SharedMemName6=Global\ShareMem6
SharedMemSize6=100
SharedMemName7=Global\ShareMem7
SharedMemSize7=100
SharedMemName8=Global\ShareMem8
SharedMemSize8=100

To run some of the realms on another pc copy the gameservers(realms) to PC2 along with a copy of Share memproc

On both the main pc and the second pc only run 1 gameserver(line.exe) at a time and wait until it finish before run the next one or will slow it alot.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Kev possible to configure the server so that all Insta and Event worked on one channel?

Reaction score
Kev possible to configure the server so that all Insta and Event worked on one channel?

Yes, it is, go to the scripts folder, ectype, find the one for your event instance, open the enter npc script and look for
Code:
		$line = GetServerLineID()
		if $line != 3
			if $line != 4
				DisableNpcOption(0)
				DisableNpcOption(1)
			endif
		endif

the values might be different but the same code is used, simply remove the DisableNpcOption(0/1) part if you want to leave the code in for later use.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Setting this up myself, works like a charm, just wanted to point out here are all instances:

Code:
Dragon Emperor's Catacomb - (Map of the same name) Realms 1,2 - Recommended 45+ (45 Soul Gear Drops)
Specter Island - Bermuda Islands Realms 3,4 - Recommended 60+ (60 Soul Gear Drops)
Giza Pyramid - Hall of Illusion Realms 7,8 - Recommended 70+ (75 Soul Gear Drops)
World Tree Garden - Nifhim in Easter Island North Realms 5,6 - Recommended 75+
Lava Heights - Burning Land Realms 5,6 - Recommended 85+ (90 Soul Gear Drops)

Those are the core dungeons.  The mobs in these dungeons will always be the same levels.

Then you have event dungeons, whose content scales based to your team's average level

Knight's Jail - Mistra in Atlantis (Any Realm) - 20+
Dragon Island - Ludia in Atlantis Square (2,4,6,8) from 12:00~14:00 and 20:00~22:00 server time - 30+
Fallen Darkness - Sea of Atlantis (2,4,6,8) from 12:00~14:00 and 20:00~22:00 server time - 30+
Trial for the Brave - Preece in Atlantis (2,4,6,8) - 30+
Energy Well - Berminham in Atlantis Realms 1,2 - 45+

So in short if you start your main server as realm 2 then load 4,6,8 on your second server you have everything covered you can reduce memory and sharemem this way, simply remove entries for 1,3,5,7.

Great Guide!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, it is, go to the scripts folder, ectype, find the one for your event instance, open the enter npc script and look for
Code:
		$line = GetServerLineID()
		if $line != 3
			if $line != 4
				DisableNpcOption(0)
				DisableNpcOption(1)
			endif
		endif

the values might be different but the same code is used, simply remove the DisableNpcOption(0/1) part if you want to leave the code in for later use.

i removed...more no effect...plz you can help me?
i'm trying a two week ago....plz help me
(sorry for my bad english)

(sorry for the post in incorrect section)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To run some of the realms on another pc copy the gameservers(realms) to PC2 along with a copy of Share memproc

On both the main pc and the second pc only run 1 gameserver(line.exe) at a time and wait until it finish before run the next one or will slow it alot.

I don't undertand 2 sentences. Can u make a video turtorial about this? Please, i'm noob.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
do like i did, modify line.exe (i renamed em Realm1 to Realm8.exe)
they all got their own config (server.ini to Realm1.ini, Realm2.ini etc etc)

basically you can load up all 8 realms from 1 central gameserver instead of 8 (this cuts down on updating 8 servers to just 1. really handy.)

well that and i modified the log output so all logs get stored to 1 directory too instead of 1 directory for each log.

Back