Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]Battle of the Immortals Private Server Full Tutorial

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why would you do it in such a manner, just open WorldMapCfg.slk
delete the line with confinement room (map id 146 I believe)

reboot line.exe, it will no longer be able to find the confinement room and the teleport to it will stop working.
problem solved.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm not sure have you tested it?

Yes i tested it doesn't put me in confinement. room and i dont see any error logs about exp money problems.

Why would you do it in such a manner, just open WorldMapCfg.slk
delete the line with confinement room (map id 146 I believe)

reboot line.exe, it will no longer be able to find the confinement room and the teleport to it will stop working.
problem solved.

Because menoz told me that give error.

Reaction score
why are we using Linux OS to build a BOI server?

Because half the server files are for linux wise and the other half are windows wise, but ofc if you know how to program/recode you can make it work only for window or linux side but when the server files were release it was for both window and linux for all I know.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you even bother reading the thread before posting? GiantAxe

He usually doesn't.

The ironic part is that his remark proceeds the exact same procedure as mine, in the sense that all you do is really delete a single line. The difference being the error codes. While my way would prevent the function from even be called to begin with, rendering less load (shouldn't be a problem in general, but it's a nice touch), and no errors to worry about.

Take a pick:
1. Delete 1 line with risk of errors while the function itself is still being called everytime
2. Delete 1 line with no risk of errors and the function is never called again + less load

Hmpf.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
He usually doesn't.

The ironic part is that his remark proceeds the exact same procedure as mine, in the sense that all you do is really delete a single line. The difference being the error codes. While my way would prevent the function from even be called to begin with, rendering less load (shouldn't be a problem in general, but it's a nice touch), and no errors to worry about.

Take a pick:
1. Delete 1 line with risk of errors while the function itself is still being called everytime
2. Delete 1 line with no risk of errors and the function is never called again + less load

Hmpf.

But if i did like this changing the variables,the function still work but when to check what is the max exp and coin doesn't find anything so is unlimited.I went to FD kiling some mobs the exp bar was full and i have big exp/drop rate on server it didn't seend me to confinement room.

I chose 2 but if i can't find where is the function... 1 is better than nothing i don't see any exp errors.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
But if i did like this changing the variables,the function still work but when to check what is the max exp and coin doesn't find anything so is unlimited.I went to FD kiling some mobs the exp bar was full and i have big exp/drop rate on server it didn't seend me to confinement room.

I chose 2 but if i can't find where is the function... 1 is better than nothing i don't see any exp errors.

My way is done through the gameserver assembly (Line.exe), not the config file.

You just edit the assembly using some IDA and delete the function calling. They have a stupid name for Confinement room, I can't remember the exact string, but it's something with ForceTeleport or something, I think.. Haven't done it in a while, since Odin's Wrath release. Will have to do it soon tho, teheh!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
He usually doesn't.

Take a pick:

Hmpf.

My solution isnt the best I agree, I dont even use it myself.
Like you I modified a big part of line.exe

Though the error part, never really noticed back when I used that methode.

as for:
Hahaha new releases im guessing:D
Instead of waiting for new releases, you could attempt to do it yourself.

Well as history used to say, The are multiple ways to Rome.
There is more then 1 solution for most problems, its up to you to find one that fits.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
as for:

Instead of waiting for new releases, you could attempt to do it yourself.

I believe he was referring to my previous post;

Haven't done it in a while, since Odin's Wrath release. Will have to do it soon tho, teheh!

In which he was also most likely referencing to newer expansions, of which I am capable of pulling out. So by 'Releases' he either actually meant that I'm (me) going to have to re-do the Confinement change due to a new expansion, or he meant something about releasing new expansion. Unsure on that myself, but that's the part he was referring to anyhow.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how do i change the ip of a client inorder to connect to mine?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@gaintAxe I never said I wanted the files or anything of the kind. Thank you very much...:hmpf:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Delete the function that sends the player to the Confinement room from Line.exe
If I'm not mistaken

can u pls explain it how we do it (using hex editor?), also whats the function ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
why don't you guys put another map id for players to be sent and could exit ? :)))

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
why don't you guys put another map id for players to be sent and could exit ? :)))

is better to don't even be sent...

but i was thinking at something else if you do fd di or idk what event and you go to connfinement room, put some npc, that will let you go back in that event.

{ don't you think will be better <-?-> nu crezi ca ar fi mai bine :) }

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
is there any tool which can reset the player level to 1 (all players on server).give me a link please.
thanks.

what are prompt answer idnumber. i mean what they do in this querry.
insert into users
(id, birthday, name, prompt, answer, idnumber, email,gender,passwd2)
Values
(1, '1998/01/01', 'master', 123123, 123123, 123123, 'k@k.com', 1, 0xa15b019f7ab9ba0e01482577acb76e90)

Last edited:
Back