Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Warning To All Server AGAIN] *-*-* Emergency Hack Exploit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Jangan ... still don't get it . what shall i do to Prevent this Hacking Issue ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Jangan ... still don't get it . what shall i do to Prevent this Hacking Issue ?

Just the windows server as a serer administrator you should update it regularly ;)
Regards

Reaction score
Teamviewer is slow? what a dumb can say that, buy better internet lol.

And yes all "pro" admins use RDC cuz all pro admins use windows as a server rofl.
Game owners like you or any other here are a joke not a server administrator and showing respect toward such kid that pretend to know everything is useless. Also kido learn to configure your server if you don't wish to auto-restart after auto-update.. this one more time prove, that you just like to show off and increase e-penis.

Good luck to you mister pro administratorz bugagagaga.

The teamviewer protocol is deeply flawed due to its architecture. You're tunneling through their servers, it's not a direct peer to peer connection. Causing slow downs/stutters and delay. In addition, Windows Servers are still a huge, HUGE portion of the servers in effect in datacentres all across the world.

August 2011 Units (Web) 63.90% 36.10%

So, 36% of web servers from a large testing group, use Windows. thats JUST web servers, lots of game servers use windows. A large majority. Companies networking for their internal offices, they use windows server edition as the hubs. (Usually)

So yes, lots of professional admins end up using RDP, since well it's Windows. In addition, auto-updates can cause lots of compatibility issues if you are running customized software/kernal hooks. (Some hard-core installs of windows servers do, for web and such.) so it's not just the actual restarting that can be an issue, it's also the fact things can break. So you always do your updates on your non-public serving boxes first, to see if anything breaks.

So let's wrap this all up nice and neat in one small summery, shall we?

Teamviewer is, way slower than RDP just due to it's structure. Windows servers are a large portion, so don't try and say everyone professional uses Linux. Auto-updates can break a lot of things, on both windows and linux boxes, so it's disabled on public serving machines, and the updates are tested on private machines that wont have a HUGE impact should it cause issues.

Kkthx, bye. Leave these forums.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For the information, on the cloud servers I have setup - I execute remote programs using RDP because it beats all other programs hands down for speed and responsiveness - you are only at risk if you haven't set your server up to securely run it. Reject all IP's but your own, get a good hardware firewall in between you and the world - and you will be just fine.

Plus, the beauty of a windows server is that it self configures itself and does 90% of the work for you. The only thing I don't like about most servers, is when you insstall them you immediately put about 0.5 GB of throughput on the server just downloading updated for the server. Earlier today I set up a Cloud server for a structural Analysis machine, and i got payed to sit on my butt for 2 hours watching it update windows through RDP. Meh.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you don't have firewall rules set up for this kind of thing you deserve to get hacked. Yes a lot of companies use remote desktop, but a lot of them restrict it to their own private network(usually accessed by vpn).

Some companies*cough* have an open firewall(or no firewall at all), which leads to their files being compromised(also retarded web(HTTP) setup, but that's not the point).

And yes I agree with Dawson, updates can break poop, but they're still pretty important.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well, we've done the windows updates as well but few minutes later we get an "Microsoft Visual C++" error and the SR_gameserver suddenly crashes. Do you have any clue why is this occurring ?

im getting this error over and over again after the SR_GameServer runs for a while :
[SR_GameServer]    SQL Error State:08S01, Native Error Code: 0, ODBC Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Communication link failure then the game crashes . anyone can help me? please :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back