Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

sELedit Source?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone have the C++/Cpp source code files for the FW compatible version? I have the source for PWtools which I guess could be modified to load the FW binary files, but since there is a version out there which loads the elements.data from FW with the right config files, I assumed someone may have the source code somewhere?

If anyone can provide me with this I'd be very grateful indeed, would like to make a few tweaks to try and speed up editing and maybe add a few features.

If not, would anyone have any pointers which could fast-track getting the PWtools sELedit to read the files? debugging is gonna be painstakingly slow and it seems to fail around byte 62,000 when grabbing the offset and converting the bytes to int32? :sleep:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, it seems either nobody has the source or nobody wants to share :p (I can't believe nobody has commented on the requirements for reading the binary data though, where are all you pros?)

Anyway I guess this calls for making a reader (and eventually editor) for the data probably based on the sELedit config files (after all, reading and understanding the hex is the easy part but all them datatables :glare:) better get started :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep, just re-inventing the wheel (in VB coz why not lol) for my own satisfaction and ease of editing... fun to learn none the less.

Once everything works, I plan to change the layout entirely and implement support for PW and others and hopefully, different data files to attempt a universal editor.

Also going to add a few features based on requests, it's all quite fun as like I said on skype... I don't even play FW/PW haha.

UKIkarus - sELedit Source? - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone know why, in the debug symbols it shows Equipment_Essence as having way more values? such as

ID
Name
Quality
Description
Initial Enhancement Level
Forbidden to transfer enhancements
Equipment Type
Is it alpha fashion equipment?
Base Star Level
Equip Mask
Hide Equip Mask
Show Mask
Disable Show Mask
Equip UsingType Mask
ID Change Model

Etc?

It seems as though the elements file doesn't actually have the data in this format, as far as I can tell and based on sELedit configs it's never listed? so why do the debug symbols state that the array for this data type holds so much more data?

Also why is there Lua files pertaining to the tasks if the tasks are in the tasks.data?

It seems like the information is all over the place, does anyone have any idea why this is at all?

There are Lua files setting tasks, instances, npc positions and more... yet these are also defined in the data files? so why is the information in multiple places?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
because those are hardcoded values.
proctype handles the transfer stuff

description is item_ext_descrip or somehting.. it's in configs.pck

also equipment_essence handles both fashion and actual armor

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
because those are hardcoded values.
proctype handles the transfer stuff

description is item_ext_descrip or somehting.. it's in configs.pck

also equipment_essence handles both fashion and actual armor

I see, that makes sense... but seems awful complicated for something that could be stored in a single location?

Anyway, getting somewhere, it loads/edits/saves/exports to CSV/txt, while it's a bit slow due to VB limitations and my poor implementation of code, so far so good.

Anything missing from the current sELedit that could be added?

Upvote 0
Back