Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Task.data structure?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea of the structure of the data for the tasks files in hex? it seems the pwtools sTaskEdit reads in the version from bytes 4-8 and then the number of entries from 9-12 and begins looping over that count as int32 values (4 bytes) but on the FW tasks the next 4 bytes = 29

The 4 bytes after that appear to be an Epoch time stamp similar to the elements.data? just wondering if anyone has tried to break it down and has any info they can share?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anybody wish to assist me in any way?

Currently breaking down the hex of the tasks.data1-tasks.data29 files and it makes sense AT LAST!
Need assistance on reading the last few bytes to find the terminating spot for opening the next part, also need assistance on creating a method of saving the files back as parts with altered information in the relevant places.

This is being done with an edit of the C# code used for PW Task Edit, while I am not really familiar with C#, I know enough to make changes and write my own code... anyone with a basic understanding would be able to assist :):

Need assistance in editing the form to display the information as it is now, since the data structure is slightly different as are the classes.

All doable myself, but with assistance things would be much faster ^^

Note: I am merely looking at this stage, I may hit a hurdle I cannot pass, I may never finish and give up, in the meantime I'm going to give it a go but do not take it as a definitive "There will be an editor/viewer" as it may not even happen.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I guess not =/

or, you know:
1. install dwarves
2. pahole /lib/libtask.so > /whateverdir/libtask.so.log
3. open /whateverlib/libtask.so.log
4. get the structs for tasks
5. create C,C++,C# binary reader based on structs

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yes... u just get structure and write ur own tasks reader/writer like that:
5b7af34121b0d708394003995f523803 - Task.data structure? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes... u just get structure and write ur own tasks reader/writer like that:
UKIkarus - Task.data structure? - RaGEZONE Forums

Well of course, this is what I'm doing... so then they exist for FW too? just people keep it very very quiet?

Pity...

or, you know:
1. install dwarves
2. pahole /lib/libtask.so > /whateverdir/libtask.so.log
3. open /whateverlib/libtask.so.log
4. get the structs for tasks
5. create C,C++,C# binary reader based on structs

Do you have one already? :eek: for fw? I'd be interested in seeing it working, just to see how it looks, heck, I don't even play the game... figured I'd just do it for fun you know.

So far so good :):

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So much info to read, so many pointers, so much coding binaryreaders :*:

Upvote 0
Back