Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Newer Server Files

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to mess around with setting up my own PServer for the personal experience of whats needed. So far I've found the hardest part is finding viable sources. I assume that's because it's not a very popular game. Can anyone explain to me why the newest up version is 5 years old? Is there something preventing this from happening?

Thanks all

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
FW sELedit 496

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You trying to say you are the one preventing others from buying newer files? not sure how 1 person could accomplish that

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You trying to say you are the one preventing others from buying newer files? not sure how 1 person could accomplish that

because.. I'm the one who acquired it to start with. And I love Forsaken World, enough so that I do not want random people running newer versions.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
just 1 newer version would probably revive the community, but if you want to continue killing it by hogging the files...nothing we can do about it.

Revive? No -- it would create a mess of half baked, one month lived servers, run by people who do not understand Linux, roll out some "VM" created by some would be 'community white knight' ... and they would have no understanding of what needs to be done to gain a solid foundation of the internals, let alone how to begin to make changes that are not the typical Aria copy-and-paste, like every other FW pserver out there(sole exception being my friend who runs fw2-free...). If you did not notice, no one actually posts information on the server internals on forums -- this knowledge is something dedicated people take the time to learn, and do not freely share for the benefit of randoms.

I started this "FW p-server scene, back in 2012... with Halycon". I had no help, no nothing -- I made my own tools... you can be bitter, but such is my right.

Regards,

-Fyyre

Upvote 0
I are an engineer
Reaction score
the year is 2018 and there is no complete package of tools for this gameserver, i guess is because comunity has no interest on development for "forsaken world" anymore, new leaks wont save this game from death.

Either that or the community has become nothing but leechers who have no clue how to program
and no clue about how to set up a Linux box. Lacking such skills will kill any server.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
the year is 2018 and there is no complete package of tools for this gameserver, i guess is because comunity has no interest on development for "forsaken world" anymore, new leaks wont save this game from death.

Yes, correct. Shenmo is an old game -- in the Chinese mainland it is a "dead game" .. in the world of private server, it is no longer a game that makes six figures a year.

Regardless, I still love the game. And there are still players who enjoy the game; this is what makes it worth while.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes, correct. Shenmo is an old game -- in the Chinese mainland it is a "dead game" .. in the world of private server, it is no longer a game that makes six figures a year.

Regardless, I still love the game. And there are still players who enjoy the game; this is what makes it worth while.

Total BS. You're scared of competition, plain and simple. Or, you're just so up your own ... that you honestly believe it's your job to police other pservs' quality.... it's not.
If there's no competition, players who want to have an updated experience have no other choice than the one you provide. It has nothing to do with loving the game or wanting the best for the gaming community surrounding this game.

Additionally, you're fulfilling your own reason for not sharing the updated FW files. Nobody can ever learn or grow to be great if you don't give them the opportunity to. How can anyone be an expert bike rider if you refuse to let them use a bike? It's the same with game development. Nobody's born being perfect at it, and you know full well.

Nobody can make you share the files, and I'm sure you've enjoyed all manner of pleading and bribing to let them go. But you know a gravy train when you see one, and that's all there is to it. How selfish.
At least be honest about it instead of trying to come off like you're doing anyone but yourself a favor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I are an engineer
Reaction score
Total BS. You're scared of competition, plain and simple. Or, you're just so up your own ... that you honestly believe it's your job to police other pservs' quality.... it's not.
If there's no competition, players who want to have an updated experience have no other choice than the one you provide. It has nothing to do with loving the game or wanting the best for the gaming community surrounding this game.

Additionally, you're fulfilling your own reason for not sharing the updated FW files. Nobody can ever learn or grow to be great if you don't give them the opportunity to. How can anyone be an expert bike rider if you refuse to let them use a bike? It's the same with game development. Nobody's born being perfect at it, and you know full well.

Nobody can make you share the files, and I'm sure you've enjoyed all manner of pleading and bribing to let them go. But you know a gravy train when you see one, and that's all there is to it. How selfish.
At least be honest about it instead of trying to come off like you're doing anyone but yourself a favor.

Wow, you actually created an account just to post that? You must really be worked up! And no one is preventing you from "using a bike" as there are FW server files already posted that you can become expert with. Why do you need to have the latest and shiniest bike? Can't you learn to ride on an older one? So, do yourself a favor and quit crying about not having a shiny new bike and learn to ride the one that's sitting in front of you.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wow, you actually created an account just to post that? You must really be worked up! And no one is preventing you from "using a bike" as there are FW server files already posted that you can become expert with. Why do you need to have the latest and shiniest bike? Can't you learn to ride on an older one? So, do yourself a favor and quit crying about not having a shiny new bike and learn to ride the one that's sitting in front of you.

this^

ffs im 100% agree with Fyyre, there is totally pointless to share any new poop, while the community is filled up with leechers and they just want oneclick repackes (atleast 95%). if you wanna be expert you doesnt need the latest files, to be pro, and its goes to all wanmei games what is already dead (for public) like Swordsman. thx god some of us are working on it and keeping those titles alive, even for small, closed community, and with years of learning and try & failed we still can work on old files like FW, and making nice progress on newer engines too.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

In fact, FW's official servers are still rolling out new games and profession, far from death. China still has a lot of FW private server players, but most private server players are tired of the old version, like v331, v449, v496, has been five years no new version of the server. If you have a newer version in your hand, you can sell it. I believe many people will be happy to buy it.

Yes - that person would be me =)
According to you, you're a fan of FW, and as a fan, I think you should or would like to contribute to the development of the game community, whether it's free or for a fee, not without sharing

Upvote 0
Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
In fact, FW's official servers are still rolling out new games and profession, far from death. China still has a lot of FW private server players, but most private server players are tired of the old version, like v331, v449, v496, has been five years no new version of the server. If you have a newer version in your hand, you can sell it. I believe many people will be happy to buy it.

According to you, you're a fan of FW, and as a fan, I think you should or would like to contribute to the development of the game community, whether it's free or for a fee, not without sharing

there's too many potential in those games from wanmei which can be explored to keep old versions, fresh as newer servers files

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
there's too many potential in those games from wanmei which can be explored to keep old versions, fresh as newer servers files
No, the paly ways of old version FW is fixed, just add some new fashion, mounts, aircraft, no new professions, new instance zones,new maps, new equipment attributes, new monster AI.The old version becomes boring after playing for a long time.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Facts of life.

This will never happen.

Why?

FW is my game. End of discussion

Upvote 0
Back