Newer Server Files

MemberRank
    May 2018 Join Date
    1Posts

Newer Server Files

Hello,

I wanted to mess around with setting up my own PServer for the personal experience of whats needed. So far I've found the hardest part is finding viable sources. I assume that's because it's not a very popular game. Can anyone explain to me why the newest up version is 5 years old? Is there something preventing this from happening?

Thanks all

True MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    OklahomaLocation
    404Posts

Re: Newer Server Files

Why post links when all you get by going there is:

You need permission

and cannot access the files you post?
    You can fix anything with a hammer...
    If it isn't broken, fix it until it is...

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2005 Join Date
    www.aoguy.comLocation
    159Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beyastard View Post
    Why post links when all you get by going there is:

You need permission

and cannot access the files you post?
    because they are files with virus friend
    is what this character does, besides
    being a scammer, selling fake fw2
    -----Cualquiera es Coder ahora jajajajajaja -----

MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    WanmeiLocation
    146Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
    Hello,
    Can anyone explain to me why the newest up version is 5 years old? Is there something preventing this from happening?
    Thanks all
    Yes - that person would be me =)

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    64Posts

You trying to say you are the one preventing others from buying newer files? not sure how 1 person could accomplish that

True MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    OklahomaLocation
    404Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milos View Post
    You trying to say you are the one preventing others from buying newer files? not sure how 1 person could accomplish that
    It would be no different than when the Warden prevented you from walking the streets...

MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    WanmeiLocation
    146Posts

because.. I'm the one who acquired it to start with. And I love Forsaken World, enough so that I do not want random people running newer versions.

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    64Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyyre View Post
    because.. I'm the one who acquired it to start with. And I love Forsaken World, enough so that I do not want random people running newer versions.
    got it, that has now been added to my ever growing list of reasons why i will never be returning to your server.

- - - Updated - - -

just 1 newer version would probably revive the community, but if you want to continue killing it by hogging the files...nothing we can do about it.

MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    WanmeiLocation
    146Posts

just 1 newer version would probably revive the community, but if you want to continue killing it by hogging the files...nothing we can do about it.
    Revive? No -- it would create a mess of half baked, one month lived servers, run by people who do not understand Linux, roll out some "VM" created by some would be 'community white knight' ... and they would have no understanding of what needs to be done to gain a solid foundation of the internals, let alone how to begin to make changes that are not the typical Aria copy-and-paste, like every other FW pserver out there(sole exception being my friend who runs fw2-free...). If you did not notice, no one actually posts information on the server internals on forums -- this knowledge is something dedicated people take the time to learn, and do not freely share for the benefit of randoms.

I started this "FW p-server scene, back in 2012... with Halycon". I had no help, no nothing -- I made my own tools... you can be bitter, but such is my right.

Regards,

-Fyyre

DeveloperRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    1,536Posts

the year is 2018 and there is no complete package of tools for this gameserver, i guess is because comunity has no interest on development for "forsaken world" anymore, new leaks wont save this game from death.

MemberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date

Yep. Ur right,bola.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    OklahomaLocation
    404Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bola View Post
    the year is 2018 and there is no complete package of tools for this gameserver, i guess is because comunity has no interest on development for "forsaken world" anymore, new leaks wont save this game from death.
    Either that or the community has become nothing but leechers who have no clue how to program
    and no clue about how to set up a Linux box. Lacking such skills will kill any server.

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    64Posts

Not to mention with no new versions to play with, the ones that did have an interest in learning and devving get bored and move on, and with the way pwe is running fw, i have to agree with bola the game is too far gone to save sadly. Even with the level cap increased to 200 (the most the 496 GS supports) and custom gear sets to grind for in buffed instances, after a bit 496 is still boring. That being said for the most part I'm now having a moderately good time playing a ranger on retail. I have pretty much lost all interest in devving the game. Lets let it rest in peace.

MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    WanmeiLocation
    146Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bola View Post
    Yes, correct. Shenmo is an old game -- in the Chinese mainland it is a "dead game" .. in the world of private server, it is no longer a game that makes six figures a year.

Regardless, I still love the game. And there are still players who enjoy the game; this is what makes it worth while.

Advertisement