Newer Server Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    Dec 2014 Join Date
    1Posts

Re: Newer Server Files

Quote Originally Posted by Fyyre View Post
    Yes, correct. Shenmo is an old game -- in the Chinese mainland it is a "dead game" .. in the world of private server, it is no longer a game that makes six figures a year.

Regardless, I still love the game. And there are still players who enjoy the game; this is what makes it worth while.
    Total BS. You're scared of competition, plain and simple. Or, you're just so up your own ... that you honestly believe it's your job to police other pservs' quality.... it's not.
    If there's no competition, players who want to have an updated experience have no other choice than the one you provide. It has nothing to do with loving the game or wanting the best for the gaming community surrounding this game.

Additionally, you're fulfilling your own reason for not sharing the updated FW files. Nobody can ever learn or grow to be great if you don't give them the opportunity to. How can anyone be an expert bike rider if you refuse to let them use a bike? It's the same with game development. Nobody's born being perfect at it, and you know full well.

Nobody can make you share the files, and I'm sure you've enjoyed all manner of pleading and bribing to let them go. But you know a gravy train when you see one, and that's all there is to it. How selfish.
    At least be honest about it instead of trying to come off like you're doing anyone but yourself a favor.
    Last edited by HanaKira116; 26-09-18 at 07:54 PM.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    OklahomaLocation
    417Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HanaKira116 View Post
    Total BS. You're scared of competition, plain and simple. Or, you're just so up your own ... that you honestly believe it's your job to police other pservs' quality.... it's not.
    If there's no competition, players who want to have an updated experience have no other choice than the one you provide. It has nothing to do with loving the game or wanting the best for the gaming community surrounding this game.

Additionally, you're fulfilling your own reason for not sharing the updated FW files. Nobody can ever learn or grow to be great if you don't give them the opportunity to. How can anyone be an expert bike rider if you refuse to let them use a bike? It's the same with game development. Nobody's born being perfect at it, and you know full well.

Nobody can make you share the files, and I'm sure you've enjoyed all manner of pleading and bribing to let them go. But you know a gravy train when you see one, and that's all there is to it. How selfish.
    At least be honest about it instead of trying to come off like you're doing anyone but yourself a favor.
    Wow, you actually created an account just to post that? You must really be worked up! And no one is preventing you from "using a bike" as there are FW server files already posted that you can become expert with. Why do you need to have the latest and shiniest bike? Can't you learn to ride on an older one? So, do yourself a favor and quit crying about not having a shiny new bike and learn to ride the one that's sitting in front of you.
    You can fix anything with a hammer...
    If it isn't broken, fix it until it is...

SubscriberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    /root/gameguardLocation
    1,455Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beyastard View Post
    Wow, you actually created an account just to post that? You must really be worked up! And no one is preventing you from "using a bike" as there are FW server files already posted that you can become expert with. Why do you need to have the latest and shiniest bike? Can't you learn to ride on an older one? So, do yourself a favor and quit crying about not having a shiny new bike and learn to ride the one that's sitting in front of you.
    this^

ffs im 100% agree with @Fyyre, there is totally pointless to share any new shit, while the community is filled up with leechers and they just want oneclick repackes (atleast 95%). if you wanna be expert you doesnt need the latest files, to be pro, and its goes to all wanmei games what is already dead (for public) like Swordsman. thx god some of us are working on it and keeping those titles alive, even for small, closed community, and with years of learning and try & failed we still can work on old files like FW, and making nice progress on newer engines too.
    Signature removed due to Rules Violation.

MemberRank
    Jan 2015 Join Date
    30Posts

Yes, correct. Shenmo is an old game -- in the Chinese mainland it is a "dead game" .. in the world of private server, it is no longer a game that makes six figures a year.

Regardless, I still love the game. And there are still players who enjoy the game; this is what makes it worth while.
    In fact, FW's official servers are still rolling out new games and profession, far from death. China still has a lot of FW private server players, but most private server players are tired of the old version, like v331, v449, v496, has been five years no new version of the server. If you have a newer version in your hand, you can sell it. I believe many people will be happy to buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes - that person would be me =)
    According to you, you're a fan of FW, and as a fan, I think you should or would like to contribute to the development of the game community, whether it's free or for a fee, not without sharing

DeveloperRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    1,544Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wxk0248 View Post
    In fact, FW's official servers are still rolling out new games and profession, far from death. China still has a lot of FW private server players, but most private server players are tired of the old version, like v331, v449, v496, has been five years no new version of the server. If you have a newer version in your hand, you can sell it. I believe many people will be happy to buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

According to you, you're a fan of FW, and as a fan, I think you should or would like to contribute to the development of the game community, whether it's free or for a fee, not without sharing
    there's too many potential in those games from wanmei which can be explored to keep old versions, fresh as newer servers files
    die as a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain

MemberRank
    Jan 2015 Join Date
    30Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bola View Post
    there's too many potential in those games from wanmei which can be explored to keep old versions, fresh as newer servers files
    No, the paly ways of old version FW is fixed, just add some new fashion, mounts, aircraft, no new professions, new instance zones,new maps, new equipment attributes, new monster AI.The old version becomes boring after playing for a long time.

MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    WanmeiLocation
    147Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wxk0248 View Post
    Facts of life.

This will never happen.

Why?

FW is my game. End of discussion

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    79Posts

Facts of life.

This will never happen.

Why?

FW is my game. End of discussion
    FW is your game? i think PWE/Wanmei would disagree with that, but ok whatever.

Also since its your game, will you be getting the Voyage patch?
    Last edited by Milos; 13-10-18 at 07:16 PM.

MemberRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    39Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milos View Post
    FW is your game? i think PWE/Wanmei would disagree with that, but ok whatever.

Also since its your game, will you be getting the Voyage patch?
    There will never be newer server files to this game, and even if there was it wouldn't be worthwhile, if youw ant a pwe server that would go well, try jade or pwi, mind you jade has been officially closed by pwe now and only avaliable in china itself, as far as fyyre is concearned, i wouldn't worry about it much, a dime a dozen, cheaper than a quater in a slot machine, and i left this dev area along time ago. anyways back to *********** for me :P

MemberRank
    Jul 2005 Join Date
    www.aoguy.comLocation
    159Posts

Quote Originally Posted by templar View Post
    There will never be newer server files to this game, and even if there was it wouldn't be worthwhile, if youw ant a pwe server that would go well, try jade or pwi, mind you jade has been officially closed by pwe now and only avaliable in china itself, as far as fyyre is concearned, i wouldn't worry about it much, a dime a dozen, cheaper than a quater in a slot machine, and i left this dev area along time ago. anyways back to *********** for me :P
    Forsaken is a dead game almost no players have, it is not worthwhile to invest in something that is no longer alive
    -----Cualquiera es Coder ahora jajajajajaja -----

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    79Posts

Quote Originally Posted by datcom View Post
    Forsaken is a dead game almost no players have, it is not worthwhile to invest in something that is no longer alive
    for a dead game retail has a ton of orb spam, maybe thats the only reason it hasn't closed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement