Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

v496 GM Privileges Fix

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
After a long time without work on Forsaken world
a friend asked me for a forsaken world private v496, and i remember about that poop issue with GM.
so i start to research and understand the origin of issue.
it seems that some login packet get stuck in the process until another login packet reach the server, so i just create a realtime log watcher and fire an invalid login packet after a GM log-in the game, the result is the privilege packets unstuck and works perfectly.
i wont give the code because i spend some around 8 hours of research on that to give the trick in few minutes for you, don't be lazy and code it yourself.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i just launch two clients, one for gm account, one for non gm account, and log both at the same time. this usually works the first time, but at times can take 2 or 3 attempts

Developer
Reaction score
i just launch two clients, one for gm account, one for non gm account, and log both at the same time. this usually works the first time, but at times can take 2 or 3 attempts

i have checked about what you say, but i've rewrite UserAcquirePrivileges to know when the request reach to authd, and don't require to be logged at same time
you can just log in the GM account, wait 2 minutes or two hours inside the role selection page, and then log in another account, or just fire a invalid login like "tst" "tst", and server will unstuck the privilege request packet, understanding that i always send a invalid packet after a gm login so it will receive account privileges as it should be working.
there many other possible solutions, but with this one, i spend around 150 lines of code and fixed the entire problem permanently.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
for those that don't code, i wonder what such a fix would cost in usd

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is useless and unnecessary, to get the GM icon work, just change the realm. Or use a dev client with permissions only for perssonage ID, which we agree, is infinitely better than the GM dashboard.

Developer
Reaction score
This is useless and unnecessary, to get the GM icon work, just change the realm. Or use a dev client with permissions only for perssonage ID, which we agree, is infinitely better than the GM dashboard.

:lol: yep, be alone in a virtual box server and try to change the realm.
as i mention, and you probably should have read my thread, the problem is under a packet stuck, you only will receive the GM permissions once another rpc packet be send by gdelivery to authd, this could be useless for you, as well you can keep changing the realm to someday get permissions that will never reach playing alone in a virtual box.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
if you have a working dev client please share

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do a test using SQL Server, this problem does not exist when SQL Server is used. It only exists for MySQL, in versions 496 onwards.

Developer
Reaction score
Do a test using SQL Server, this problem does not exist when SQL Server is used. It only exists for MySQL, in versions 496 onwards.

so i need to ask to you to prove your point if you're saying the problem is MySQL vs MSSQL Server, GiantAxe reach the same conclusion as mine years ago, and as he mention, he implements a watcher on privileges acquire in the server, he mention about sending by himself the privileges protocols, my method just unstuck packet on gdelivery, both reached a successfull solution, and both has the same conclusion the problem isnt authd but gdeliveryd, i mention in fact that gdelivery has nothing related to MySql or MSSQL and everything is managed by Authd which is only a handler to a sgdb.

8U09r8z - v496 GM Privileges Fix - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back