Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Forsaken World WoS v331 [ Dev Release ]

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
"-bash: ./setup.sh permission denied." Without GUI Ubunt12

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i just don't know basic linux. i won't go learn it now. so help me please

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some release here are already preconfigure all you have todo is change the etc/table.xml for MySql Settings. Even if your in Bridge or NAT Host-Only it will work if you configure it correctly...

Did you try to change the IPS on the gamesys.conf? putting your VM Local IP's also check your Auth Config... post your syslog.

Try to set it up in local 1st after that you can switch in publichost easyly if your setup was fine with local... try to look into your etc/table.xml if you configure MySql right with your Mysql User / Password

The real problem with the VMWare image is that when loaded into VMWare, there is NO eth0 at all. Not even listed in the /networks-scripts/ folder. ifconfig -a, only "lo" shows. ifconfig eth0, shows there isnt even an eth0 in the system "unknown device". I searched, read and searched again for a solution, however, evry one I tried, and there were a load of them, did not work. Re-download the image, reinstalled VMWare, many times,and always, the same problem. I do not think it was VMWare. But rather the image. Although I do not kow why on mine it would not pick up eth0. I can however, ifconfig eth1 and it works to let me winSCP to the server and mess around. But, I can fire up the server, but, client could not see it. Also, rebooting centOS removed eth1 from the list. It still there, just not active. Nothing I tried would make it stay. So, after messing around with that for several hours, I went back to VMbox, slid the server files over to that, changed the IPs where needed, did not have to mess with eth0 or any thing network at all. it all started, 'cept the gdelivery problem, but could be gauth also however that is the first one to load and syslog shows it loads fine, keys accepted.

Am not new to ubuntu, but am REAL new to centos. I think i stick with ubuntu. Not new to setting up servers, diagnosing problems with them. Been doing it for many a year now. But, I will admit, this one has me stumped. :?:

Reaction score
Am not new to ubuntu, but am REAL new to centos. I think i stick with ubuntu. Not new to setting up servers, diagnosing problems with them. Been doing it for many a year now. But, I will admit, this one has me stumped. :?:
Here my advice why not move into Ubuntu? it was way easier to setup on Ubuntu. Used this Image as your based Server You can make an account via

Then Download the or Other v331 Server Files Release here.

Then upload it to your Fw307Ubuntu... after that you'll see the light Goodluck :thumbup:

@Traveler I have a Question? Did you manage to run a 307 Server already? If not it's best for you to start setting up a 307 then after that merge into 331

Another question what VMware version are you using? I prefer to use VMware 9.0.2 as I have experience issues from Other old VMware.

Credits to Wouter & PsyTrac

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The real problem with the VMWare image is that when loaded into VMWare, there is NO eth0 at all. Not even listed in the /networks-scripts/ folder. ifconfig -a, only "lo" shows. ifconfig eth0, shows there isnt even an eth0 in the system "unknown device". I searched, read and searched again for a solution, however, evry one I tried, and there were a load of them, did not work. Re-download the image, reinstalled VMWare, many times,and always, the same problem. I do not think it was VMWare. But rather the image. Although I do not kow why on mine it would not pick up eth0. I can however, ifconfig eth1 and it works to let me winSCP to the server and mess around. But, I can fire up the server, but, client could not see it. Also, rebooting centOS removed eth1 from the list. It still there, just not active. Nothing I tried would make it stay. So, after messing around with that for several hours, I went back to VMbox, slid the server files over to that, changed the IPs where needed, did not have to mess with eth0 or any thing network at all. it all started, 'cept the gdelivery problem, but could be gauth also however that is the first one to load and syslog shows it loads fine, keys accepted.

hey Traveler i also have the same problem with this image on vm workstation, there is no eth0, i can only see lo, and ip of lo is 127.0.0.1 so my client also dont see the server, i still havent fixed it.
also using vmware 9 and v307 works fine on it

Reaction score
hey Traveler i also have the same problem with this image on vm workstation, there is no eth0, i can only see lo, and ip of lo is 127.0.0.1 so my client also dont see the server, i still havent fixed it.
Simple advice! as I said before don't use the Image Just strip out the Server and upload it into your Other VM as you said v307 works fine on your Machine. Back up the Server on your 307 VMmachine then upload the Strip v331 Server files on the same VM configure it right to get it work...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here my advice why not move into Ubuntu? it was way easier to setup on Ubuntu man Used this Image as your based Server

Then Download the or Other v331 Server Files Release here.

Then upload it to your Fw307Ubuntu... after that you'll see the light Goodluck :thumbup:

@Traveler I have a Question? Did you manage to run a 307 Server already? If not it's best for you to start setting up a 307 then after that merge into 331

Another question what VMware version are you using? I prefer to use VMware 9.0.2 as I have experience issues from Other old VMware.

I moved every thing to my Ubuntu VMBox real early this morning. Oracle VMBox that is. I also have the VMWare 9+ one, and I dont care for it really. Guess to used to VMbox. But yea, its on ubuntu right now. I have pulled the "stripped" files and placed them in my ubuntu box. Thats were I get both conenctions lite up. Yet, still the gdelivery err and out-of-date. I am guessing related then.

Yes, I have had the 307 running just fine. Been running for some time now. Well shut down at the moment because working on this one. Not to mention also trying to get my server machine running again. Can not afford new parts, so, I desolder and solder new caps onto the motherboard, not easy when yer my age and eye sight going LOL. but, oh well.

As I mentioned in post above, I have been working and running servers for a long time now. Had servers made for many different games. Some include UO, various server ports, Mech Warrior, first on Kali, then made server. And many others including PW and now FW. But, this version, 331, is the one that has e stumped. Maybe thats telling me some thing LOL.. "Time to lay it down old man!!" LOL Nah, hell with that, gonna keep trying...

Simple advice! as I said before don't use the Image Just strip out the Server and upload it into your Other VM as you said v307 works fine on your Machine. Back up the Server on your 307 VMmachine then upload the Strip v331 Server files on the same VM configure it right to get it work...

LOL I just did that very thing not 2 hours ago. And that where my , once again, gdelivery problem comes into play

Yup, thats the prob alright.. I do not kow how well, you like VMWare or VMBox (Oracle) But, I moved my 331 over to my VMBox (Oracle) and all is good except for the nagging gdelivery.

Reaction score
Can you pm me the full information how did you setup What OS did you used and What Version are you using... Can you send me a copy of your syslogs / gamesys.conf files on every Server Folder of the v331 You used Also the gdeliveryd. Try to help you with this. Then I'll pm you my findings... :D:

Or if you want I will upload a working copy of my Setup.
Then compare it to your setup.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sure, I can PM you with that info. But, thats gonna be later as I been up working this for the last 36 hours or so and I am tired lol. I not as young as I used to be.. :lol: So, I will send you the info later on. Thanks :thumbup:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

working Gdeliveryd replace in /root/gdeliveryd/ or /server/gdeliveryd/

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yup, thats the prob alright.. I do not kow how well, you like VMWare or VMBox (Oracle) But, I moved my 331 over to my VMBox (Oracle) and all is good except for the nagging gdelivery.

I prefer vmware, i only got that gdelivery error on vbox, then i moved to vmware and error was gone

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ok.. i'm just sharing if anyone need

i cant add gm in phpmyadmin with call addGM (ID , 1)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I fixed all of my poop lol idk how but i did all the issues i encountered and even made account somehow (i am not php guy xD). Everything works fine. It's darn shame that PW people don't make item getting or gold getting from in-game lol. Like in lastchaos there is command for GMs to generate anything they want. Does anyone know which is working iweb or pwAdmin available for this 331 or FW itself? I tried many but i am failing at it lol but i didn't give up xD

uebari - Forsaken World WoS v331 [ Dev Release ] - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks again!

There is a way but it requires a Dev-Client.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
how do i add GM? phpmyadmin no work ! pls help. i noob

i use version 307

--update--

WTF did I type back here? LMAO please ignore this post

Last edited:
Reaction score
how do i add GM? phpmyadmin no work ! pls help. i noob

i use version 307
GM Account
Login to your VMware Linux Machine run:
Code:
mysql -u [B][COLOR=#800000]root [/COLOR][/B]-p [B][COLOR=#800000]yourpassword[/COLOR][/B]
use [B][COLOR=#0000cd]dbo[/COLOR][/B];
call addGM ([B][COLOR=#ff0000]ID[/COLOR][/B], 1);
You can also Add Leaf
Login to your mysql on vmware
Code:
mysql -u [B][COLOR=#800000]root [/COLOR][/B]-p [B][COLOR=#800000]yourpassword[/COLOR][/B]
use [B][COLOR=#0000cd]dbo[/COLOR][/B];
call usecash([B][COLOR=#ff0000]ID[/COLOR][/B], 1, 0, 19, 0, [B][COLOR=#0000cd]5000[/COLOR][/B], 1, @error);
dbo is your database on MySql
ID is your AccountID check user on phpMyAdmin to see your Account ID

5000 = 2000 leaf use the fw cash tools

:cool:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ty mate

1 thing.. how to type ; in vmware?

-bash: syntax error near unexpected token '('

Reaction score
ty mate

1 thing.. how to type ; in vmware?
:?: Instead of saying ty Hit the like button! What do you mean? go on your Vmware on the terminal window after you login. What OS are you using I mean OS of your VM :O:

Start your VM Then login your root / password Then follow and type the command I post above

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Linux 13.04 32-bit

ERROR 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'ID' in 'field list'

Last edited:
Back