Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] v496 Dysil's Wrath Server VM + Client + Guide

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [Release] v496 Server VM + Client + Guide

Did doing that fix anything for you? For example, I noticed that Even though I have level 5 gems, my wings are still only level 3. Also, even though this is Dysil's wrath, the arena vendors are still selling the older pvp epics and not the season 2 stuff. I jsut can't remember if that new gear was available at launch of 496 or added in some post patch. In this server, the best gear still appears to be the warlord stuff and iirc the pvp gear should be higher quality in this version (yes I know the orange rings/boots/gloves/neck are in here, but I'm talking about a full set).

Nate: try this i havent tryed this on mine.. i keep geting matrixed passowrd . on Ubunu / Fedora Server .. But if i use my VM's Database Server i can login.. Strange... have a laptop with 6Gig ram going to set that up for a lower powered Server than my HP Prolient ML350 G4p

http://forum.ragezone.com/f784/lvl-4-5-wings-guide-1036429/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I haven't checked if it fixes or brakes anything (replacing all data files) but I guess it just resets back to basic config, since the original files were set to fun server style high rates. I am also not sure about your other question regarding to the arena gear since I have not much experience on the game. (The game seems pretty good so I decided to work a little on it)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Btw this is the Error i am geting..

Useing Ubuntu 14.10 mysql....
If i use the SQL server from the VM it lets me login. ... this is my Error..

TRACE : gdelivery::passwdtimeout. user=sinnerboy
TRACE : gdelivery::matrixpasswd cache missing, user=sinnerboy
i've exported the Database from the VM to a Real server install. mage/mage is not working too but again works if i login via the Vbox's SQL server.
my table.xml is edited to reflect a Different Password. thats the only differense.....

Was a Bad Dump of the Database. working now :)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
[UPDATE - THERE HAVE BEEN FIXES AND ENHANCEMENTS TO THE SERVER IMAGE, A NEW ITEM ID AND LEVELLING GUIDE, AND A LINK TO A FUNNER ELEMENTS FILE ADDED TO THIS PAGE]

This is a rough release to let people play around with the Forsaken World 0.496 Server.

I have not tested guild base auctions, era progression, or world bosses. There are also 3 known bugs. The add GM function doesn't work and the xml character editor in iweb doesn't work. Also, even though you can get level 5 gems, the wings are are only level 3.

Things that I have tested and seem to be working : hell road, arena, instances.

It is based off the server package linked to in this post : http://forum.ragezone.com/f781/happy-chinese-1051503/

If you would rather download that original package and build your own server, I have included a guide at the bottom of this post that explains exactly what I did to build this VM.

View attachment 150461View attachment 150459View attachment 150573

Downloadable Files

Forsaken World 0.496 Client
Description: Generic client patched up to 0.496. I have modified the server.lua and updateserver.txt files (but left backups in the zip) so it points at a LAN address.
Size: 6.3 GB
Download Link:

Forsaken World v420 Russian Client
Description: Slawdos uploaded this later in the thread. Including for convenience.
Download Link : https://mega.co.nz/#!OJ9jVZRa!Z78ZFT...md51LhwwnUDcgo

Forsaken World 0.496 VM Server
Description: Ready to go. Just login and run /server-fw/start.sh. This has the matching elements.data and gshop.data as the Standard 0.496 client.
Size: 1.7 GB
Download Link:
Version: Update 2
Enhancements : iweb mostly fixed. You can now set 10x SP, 10 XP, double gold, and double drops through iweb. Modified leaf sending to give a list of characters on the server. Added an item sending page at . Fixed the aipolicy.data so the npcs would talk in English

Web Site files
Description: Needed to create accounts, change passwords, and send leafs. These are already in the VM but are here in case people want to build their own. They were not in the original server files.
Size: 5 KB
Download Link:

Server Files Only
Description : (uploaded to mega by Slawdos) in case you want to build your own VM. This is not a polished repack but if you follow the build instructions below you should end up with something that works.
Size: 780 MB
Download Link:

Gshop Editor for 496
Description : YesOfCourse uploaded this later in the thread. Including for convenience.
Download Link: http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/7TaFDu7d/file.html

Fun Elements File
Download Link: http://forum.ragezone.com/f783/release-fun-elements-dysils-wrath-1053454/

Installation Instructions
1. Download and unzip the server VM and client.
2. Import the ova file into Oracle VM Virtualbox. Make sure you allow it 4gb of RAM and put the network adapter in bridged mode so it gets an IP.
3. Start the VM and login as root. Type 'ip addr' to see your IP address. Put that IP address in the server.lua file in the client.
4. at the prompt on your vm type '/server-fw/start.sh'
5. Wait until it says the realms are done loading and now you should be able to login and play!

Passwords and Login Information

server
username : root
password : root

mysql database

username : root
password : 123456
database name : fw

Web site to create characters, get leafs, update passwords

iweb

Note : xml is still not working

Build Your Own Server Instructions

Code:
#yum -y update
#vi /etc/selinux/config
SELinux=Enforcing -> SELinux=disabled
Code:
#systemctl stop firewalld
#systemctl disable firewalld
#yum install httpd
#yum install php php-mysql
#yum install tomcat
#yum install mariadb-server
#systemctl enable mariadb
#systemctl start mariadb
#mysql_secure_installation
Set root password to 123456 when prompted
At this point I did a mysql database migration to get my FW database off an old 0.331 server I had. The table structure has not changed in this version.
Code:
#yum install glibc.i686
#yum install compat-libstdc++-33.i686
#yum localinstall --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
#yum localinstall --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
#yum install unrar
Use a program like winscp to upload the server-fw.rar to the root directory
Code:
#unrar x server-fw.rar
#chmod -R 777 server-fw
#mv /server-fw/gamed/config/TaskBitOrder.dat /server-fw/gamed/config/taskbitorder.dat
#cp /server-fw/gamed/libtask.so /usr/lib
#cp /server-fw/gamed/libskill.so /usr/lib
Copy the clients 496 elements.data to the server into /server-fw/gamed/config and /server/gqueryd
Copy the 496 clients gshop.data to the server into /server/gamed/config
Code:
#cp -R /server-fw/tomcat/* /var/lib/tomcat/webapps
Edit the /var/lib/tomcat/webapps/iweb/web.xml file and remove any sections starting with <filter-mapping> and ending with </filter-mapping>. That will get rid of the requirement for authentication on those pages.
Code:
#vi /var/lib/tomcat/webapps/iweb/web.xml
#systemctl enable tomcat
#systemctl start tomcat
At this point I copied some old scripts I had from another 0.331 server to create characters, update passwords, and send leafs. I put them in the /var/www/html directory
Code:
#systemctl enable httpd
#systemctl start httpd
Most important : edit /server-fw/start.sh and comment out all the extra realms except realm1. Any regular VM with 4gb RAM will choke if you try to load the 10 or so by default in there.

Download locations of tools referenced in this post
WinSCP -
MySQL workbench -
Fedora Linux -
Oracle VM VirtualBox -

Quick Levelling Guide
If you don't want to just boost your character to 80, it's still possible to get to 80 fairly quickly just mailing yourself items, even though the server only goes up to 10x XP bonus with iweb. Once you have created a character go to and lookup your character ID. Use the to mail yourself items that give xp. Use the sendmail script with the following values.
Role ID : the role ID you just looked up
Item ID : from the table below
Item Stack : how many items are in the stack you want to mail yourself. If you put a number that is too high, it will just convert to the max stack size when it goes into your bag.
You can leave the rest of the values at defaults pretty safely.

Use sweet Dreamland and Primrose Dreamland to get yourself to 20-25.
Then mail yourself some Tokens of Faith and go turn them in for Magic Word Glossary and read as many Holyspirit Sutra - Chapter 3 as you can.
Then use Book of Co-Op Volume 1 (you may need a couple thousand of these). You can also create 2 characters, run the perfume quest and other social quests to get the social contribution skill and use Book of Co-Op Volume 2 instead as it gives much more xp.
Once you get to 75, reading a couple hundred Book Of Experience should get you to 80.
Book Of Experience and Book of Co-Op can be put in your bot in the memory berry slot so you can go afk while your character levels. Just turn the bot on, set it to not fight anything, turn on memory berries and put the book in the slot and go afk for a couple hours.

Useful Item ID List

Token Of Faith : 36201
Honor Coin : 9052
Elsee's Soul Chalice : 35901
Elsee's Silver Wineglass : 31939

Sapphire Shard : 19631
Turquoise Shard : 19632
Amethyst Shard : 19633
Topaz Shard : 24357
Tanzanite Shard : 24360

Bank Extension : 20378
Bag Extension : 28803