Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

K5 compile & Debug Tantra

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
The source code which was given in this thread is the same that was published in pudn.com and ymcn.org, the source code has been in that website for long, even is the base for WYD source code(I think is the same team), but this is the first time that I built it.

I see. Any idea why I got so many errors in attempting to build DBSRV and the others?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see. Any idea why I got so many errors in attempting to build DBSRV and the others?
You need fix the source code before compile it, the source code was written in Visual Studio .NET 2003, so that you need rewrite part of the source code for VS 2017 or use the same version and compile it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how old is that source i mean does it have that stuff like pet system etc?
because someone told here it doesnt
i mean is that source of the time when there was sefar set, master board etc. and pet system etc etc etc ..
or is that very old source?

thx

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
You need fix the source code before compile it, the source code was written in Visual Studio .NET 2003, so that you need rewrite part of the source code for VS 2017 or use the same version and compile it
What's the different compiling it in .NET 2003 vs VS 2017?

how old is that source i mean does it have that stuff like pet system etc?
because someone told here it doesnt
i mean is that source of the time when there was sefar set, master board etc. and pet system etc etc etc ..
or is that very old source?

thx

Its K3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What's the different compiling it in .NET 2003 vs VS 2017?

One of the diff is the libs used by Visual Studio, for example in 2005 some libs were removed, others change name.
Another diff is that time to time Microsoft change the signature of some declarations inside the libs, for example the _Xlen and _Xran mentioned in my other post (you can read the link I gave in my before post).

So... when code was written in oldest versions of VS, you have 2 options:
1- compile in the same version it was written or
2- compile in a new version of VS by fixing the errors.

Of course if you are "an ordinary citizen" option 2 will be complicated for you.

Last edited:
Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Of course if you are "an ordinary citizen" option 2 will be complicated for you.
Yes..yes..it will be complicated but don't get me wrong but you once was an "ordinary one" too :) right?

Back