Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Special code both client side and server side

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Removed. Im sure someone will reply here that says:

And eventually ask for a payment. ;)
Maybe ...

...Update ...
Since no one want to share this Information, I dont know if this Secret Code is for $ale or what but nevermind, ive manage to find this Code by debugging both HTLauncher and ZoneServer, Here what i found.
-The code is the login Packet for send and receive something like a Handshake for Server/Client
-Server code must be the same with the Client code thats why most HTLauncher is Specific only compatible with the Zones (K2/K3/K4/K5)
-By modifying either one or both HTLauncher or Zone regardless of the version number you can make it work (Ex:K4 Client Using K5 Zones)
-You have to modify 25+ HEX entry code to make it work

Tools Use:
-Hex Editor
-Ollydbg
-Skills + Talent

:coffee::rock::thrasher:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe ...

...Update ...
Since no one want to share this Information, I dont know if this Secret Code is for $ale or what but nevermind, ive manage to find this Code by debugging both HTLauncher and ZoneServer, Here what i found.
-The code is the login Packet for send and receive something like a Handshake for Server/Client
-Server code must be the same with the Client code thats why most HTLauncher is Specific only compatible with the Zones (K2/K3/K4/K5)
-By modifying either one or both HTLauncher or Zone regardless of the version number you can make it work (Ex:K4 Client Using K5 Zones)
-You have to modify 25+ HEX entry code to make it work

Tools Use:
-Hex Editor
-Ollydbg
-Skills + Talent

:coffee::rock::thrasher:

So you made the post to boast?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@nikcoder
i dont have the tutorial i just found it in my own test and if you ask me to do a tutorial it will take time coz its not for Beginners, you could ask the thread starter or cyberinferno for the tutorial

Reaction score
nikcoder
i dont have the tutorial i just found it in my own test and if you ask me to do a tutorial it will take time coz its not for Beginners, you could ask the thread starter or cyberinferno for the tutorial

I don't know how to do it either. I am a programmer and just a beginner in reverse engineering. Only you can help in this matter :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there is too many "jo" in the file, could you give me the closer offset for "jo"?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
what is the code of server version k4? to make it compatible with other client version.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Even it is true what you are saying, we have to admit that from 100% of players only 1% or less knows how to unpack, and if its packed with a hard key, then less than 0.1% will take the time to unpack.

All developers knows that no matter the efforts you made to protect your game, if there is just one who wants to unprotect it, and have the skills, your effots will be wasted, but anyways protecting is better than not protecting it, because you reduce the amount of trying.

But related to this thread:

the code posted works but it works not because the change of "jo" it works because the change of the "j".
if you debug you will notice that that "j" belongs to a dword (4 bytes) stored on the data segment of the client,dbsrv,zone....etc (it is a var) and the j is the last one of those 4 bytes, so what you are really doing is just changing 1 byte of the 4 used to link the client to the server thread. So this way to patch the client is so easy to discover, because you only have to try with 0->9 A->F combinations (16 combinations).

In other words, if you want to use this, better to change all the 4 bytes instead just 1.

Hi, I know this is an old thread but, I just wanna clarify about the combinations.
You said that there are only 16 combinations for this 0->9 A->F
So in hex theoretically that would be

28| 3D | 03 | D2 | 9A | 6A | 6F
( | = | . | O | | j | o

6A6F = jo
6F = jo (which is one out of four packets that connects to the client)

Shouldn't there be more than 100 combinations? because
0A
0B
0C
0F

Up to
9F?

I'm quite confused, it would be great if you can clarify it, thanks :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi, I know this is an old thread but, I just wanna clarify about the combinations.
You said that there are only 16 combinations for this 0->9 A->F
So in hex theoretically that would be

28| 3D | 03 | D2 | 9A | 6A | 6F
( | = | . | O | | j | o

6A6F = jo
6F = jo (which is one out of four packets that connects to the client)

Shouldn't there be more than 100 combinations? because
0A
0B
0C
0F

Up to
9F?

I'm quite confused, it would be great if you can clarify it, thanks :D

There is actually 256 possible combinations per each byte of code. One byte = 00 - FF. Which is basically 16*16 possible combinations for those that are talking laymen terms.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
they want to get the exact offset of the "jo" because they are trying to unpack some clients from other server and maybe that server change the "jo" to something else. this just an opinion but from what i observe it work on that way because if they only want to change the "jo" with in there files then they wont have any problem on finding it. , i suspect they are asking it to use on other client server like unpacking the client of the someone else and destroy the server. it is better to stop sharing offset. for majority safety some people here only wants to destroy someones effort., just an opinion please dont get mad at me hahahahaha.

Back