Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Special code both client side and server side

Reaction score
they want to get the exact offset of the "jo" because they are trying to unpack some clients from other server and maybe that server change the "jo" to something else. this just an opinion but from what i observe it work on that way because if they only want to change the "jo" with in there files then they wont have any problem on finding it. , i suspect they are asking it to use on other client server like unpacking the client of the someone else and destroy the server. it is better to stop sharing offset. for majority safety some people here only wants to destroy someones effort., just an opinion please dont get mad at me hahahahaha.

The only problem I see with your post is that, only people that thinks of destroying other's server thinks like you. You're not one of those people you are describing in your post, are you?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If someone really wanted the code for "jo" or whatever it might be an experienced developer could located this within the packets and use another HTLauncher anyhow. There is no true way to secure a client/server for those that know what to look for anyhow. For each type of security comes a new cheat/cheater unless the source can be obtained and the client be reworked so that these flaws can be secured correctly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only problem I see with your post is that, only people that thinks of destroying other's server thinks like you. You're not one of those people you are describing in your post, are you?

well i post it here because someone message me asking if i could do that to a certain server after he find out that i manage to get a copy of the htlauncher of nexogame and imperio just by locating the connection code or "jo" thing. i dont know how it should be called, and i ask him for what purpose because i haven't seen something interesting for the htlauncher of that server he wants me to get the connection code. then he replied just wanted to implement cheat or test if he could knock out the zone. if you think i am the same person with what i describe on my post, it's your call and i dont care at all. atleast i share my opinion, why would it be needed to get the offset if you can just search for "jo" from the files that is being release here which is conneciton code or "jo" thing is still there and not change.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all it's not "jo" its "o", read carefully what Eliana stated, she said that there are 4 bytes and "o" is just 1 out of 4 byes, I am trying to locate the other 3 bytes so that when someone bypasses my "o" it still wont work because the Zone Connection will look for the other 3 bytes and compare it.

How cute of you to think that I am trying to unpack something for destroying a server when I can just attack most servers running today without a problem. But what do I gain from that? nothing because I am not running a Tantra server (at the moment) and that would just ruin my reputation making other developers target my server as well when I open mine.

Good luck! you'll need it

There is actually 256 possible combinations per each byte of code. One byte = 00 - FF. Which is basically 16*16 possible combinations for those that are talking laymen terms.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks

So if I happen to find the 4 bytes that connects the Zone and HTLauncher altogether then that would be there will be 4*16*16 combinations just to crack it right?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you want the true, the code have 1024 bytes not just 4. it is stored in an array of 1024 bytes which is the array used for hanbit to encrypt/decrypt messages sent to the server/client.

So you can just change the "jo" or you can change the whole 1024 bytes, but, for those who knows, is so easy to find the code that was changed, so it is not a really good protection, even if the client is packed, you can get the code that was changed just in few mins (no matter if is just 1 byte changed or if is the whole 1024).

BTW there is an init code, which is the one in charge of letting or not the client talk with the server when the socket is open, this code is the first step server checks when a client is trying to connect with it, while the 1024 where the "jo" is , is the code used for client and server to encrypt/decrypt the messages, after the connection is approved by the server. But hanbit insted of closing the connection when that init code is not correct, what they did is register a log, and that is why when you get a layer7 attack your server get overheat, because that log register. For those who have the c++ code, you can find what that init code is in the CPSock class.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello anyone can share the toturial thanks and advance :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are these guys still active? I have a query that I am confused of. thanks in advance.

Back