Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Zodiac - Tantra Development Reboot

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Zodiac, a development with as goal the reboot of development in the Tantra Online section.
Tantra Online has been using pre-built binaries for too long now and the development in this section is near to dead.
I'm developing a source from scratch in Java so that development may yet again bloom. The development of the source means that only the server side is being made at the moment, using an existing client. Once the server side source is at a level where development is possible for everyone, I might consider making a client.
I've chosen the Java programming languages for two reasons. First, it is a fairly easy language to learn from scratch. The second is that Java is a very capable programming language (as long as visuals are not involved).

Revisions
Revision 1
- Set up a project
- Set up a basic Server Socket using Netty 4.0.33
- A fairly empty revision, as it is the starting point.

Currently at:
Trying to find the packethandler within the client using IDA Pro

To make this development a success, I will probably need all the help I can get, so suggestions and questions are always welcome!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just hope you find someone that helps you with this emulation.
Nonetheless, no body even "continued" to develop the "plugin" some guy posted here. ;)

I just want you to know that the servers work fine.
If you can just make tools to decrypt / encrypt the data files & probably create a map editor / terrain etc (like in FlyFF) thats more content added to the game.
And Java is not my forte. ^^

Reaction score
The reason for the development is to expand the game for new features and other stuffs that will help the game evolve in the near future. And i think he does that not for self interest but to help the community. Creating a map editor, new stuffs etc will just come soon. Having such tools will not help the game expand, it will still revolve to the same game setup.

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just hope you find someone that helps you with this emulation.
Nonetheless, no body even "continued" to develop the "plugin" some guy posted here. ;)

I just want you to know that the servers work fine.
If you can just make tools to decrypt / encrypt the data files & probably create a map editor / terrain etc (like in FlyFF) thats more content added to the game.
And Java is not my forte. ^^

I know that the servers work fine, but that's where Tantra's story already ends. Because of the prebuilt binaries everyone's using, this game has no way in means of development (aside from injected libraries) and is slowly decaying due to the game staying the same all these years. A released source can bring new features with old components and even take the hardest of things out of hands.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
I know that the servers work fine, but that's where Tantra's story already ends. Because of the prebuilt binaries everyone's using, this game has no way in means of development (aside from injected libraries) and is slowly decaying due to the game staying the same all these years. A released source can bring new features with old components and even take the hardest of things out of hands.

I was once who dared to buy a source code for Tantra Online but it turns out to be a bogus seller and I think the source is nowhere to be found. I just hope someone will release it if they saw someone like you Luxray is willing to Develop the game for good.

To whom it may concern:

Let's give this a shot and just release it! We are begging you :D

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was once who dared to buy a source code for Tantra Online but it turns out to be a bogus seller and I think the source is nowhere to be found. I just hope someone will release it if they saw someone like you @Luxray is willing to Develop the game for good.

To whom it may concern:

Let's give this a shot and just release it! We are begging you :D

I'm releasing it. It might take a little while, but it'll be there.

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's been a busy weekend, so I haven't been able to do a lot. I managed to login to the game without using the existing server files and I am currently disassembling the launcher to determine packet structure.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Is there anyone familiar with IDA within Tantra? It would save me a lot of time if I could find the correct function.

You mean Interactive Disassembler? If so, I have no idea sorry buddy.

Is there anything we can offer as a help to find that?

Reaction score
Who said I would have to expand the visuals? I can modify information and expand the game that way. Ever noticed how a server and client actually work?

No, not the visual. Im not sure what you're planning to do but seldom when you enhance a server / emulate a server there are chances that the current client wont support your update.

Edit:
Dont get me wrong. I support your cause. Unlike others that says "we support you" and stuff. Id like to know where this is going and what the plan is.
Ive seen emulation in plans to work with old games and havent seen (yet) about planning to add enhancement in server side. This is why I question if you did that, what if the client wont work because it wont support your new upgrade.
That is why, most emulator developers only works on what the current client can support instead of having new features that the client may not work with.

And this is also why I said earlier that it is better to work with a "world editor" instead, in this way people can add their own world to the game. And that I am sure the client will support.

Note: For people who dont understand what World Editor is, think of it as a Map Editor like Unreal, CryEngine & Unity. Hell, if you played Counter-Strike, and have tried making maps. Its like that (Hammer editor).
And if still you (not you lux) did not understand that, this is the easiest way I can make you understand WHAT I AM Trying to say to Luxray.
https://forum.ragezone.com/f457/atools-v1-0-world-sfx-1057967/

Last edited:
Back