Zodiac - Tantra Development Reboot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    2,083Posts

Re: Zodiac - Tantra Development Reboot

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Is there anyone familiar with IDA within Tantra? It would save me a lot of time if I could find the correct function.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    In Your HeadLocation
    492Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luxray View Post
    Is there anyone familiar with IDA within Tantra? It would save me a lot of time if I could find the correct function.
    You mean Interactive Disassembler? If so, I have no idea sorry buddy.

Is there anything we can offer as a help to find that?

YOU COME IN PEACE, BUT YOU WILL LEAVE IN PIECES.

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    2,083Posts

Sorry, something happened personally, so I'll have to postpone any updates

True MemberRank
    Oct 2004 Join Date
    HellLocation
    788Posts

Who said I would have to expand the visuals? I can modify information and expand the game that way. Ever noticed how a server and client actually work?
    No, not the visual. Im not sure what you're planning to do but seldom when you enhance a server / emulate a server there are chances that the current client wont support your update.

Edit:
    Dont get me wrong. I support your cause. Unlike others that says "we support you" and stuff. Id like to know where this is going and what the plan is.
    Ive seen emulation in plans to work with old games and havent seen (yet) about planning to add enhancement in server side. This is why I question if you did that, what if the client wont work because it wont support your new upgrade.
    That is why, most emulator developers only works on what the current client can support instead of having new features that the client may not work with.

And this is also why I said earlier that it is better to work with a "world editor" instead, in this way people can add their own world to the game. And that I am sure the client will support.

Note: For people who dont understand what World Editor is, think of it as a Map Editor like Unreal, CryEngine & Unity. Hell, if you played Counter-Strike, and have tried making maps. Its like that (Hammer editor).
    And if still you (not you lux) did not understand that, this is the easiest way I can make you understand WHAT I AM Trying to say to Luxray.
    https://forum.ragezone.com/f457/atoo...d-sfx-1057967/
    Last edited by master_unknown; 26-12-15 at 05:58 PM.
    Looking for Custom Launcher for your Private Server?
    We create custom launchers for ANY Private Servers.
    Message us through Facebook or send us a message through Skype: qstarmacro@gmail.com

Gold SubscriberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    122Posts

which function are you looking for?

MemberRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    2Posts

I'm pretty sure he's looking for the function that manage packages client -> server , or, server -> client.
    in the other hand in the source of the DBSERVER and Server_Zone shared in the previous thread contain the functions and the structure for the packages.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    122Posts

Adding functions to the game is actually easy to do, more if you know how to code with c++
    Im actually changing/adding features on both sides by attaching my developed dll made in c++/cli or what is known as CLR language. this way is at least for me easy to make changes on the actual code made in c++ because im c# programer, so im changing the actual hardcoded to xml files, one example are Pets another is Kruma refining, another are task quest and so on (there are a lot features that are hard coded on the .exe(s))

Futhermore im actually added Lua scripting language support on client and server. The benefit of Lua is that allows to make changes on code w/o the need of recompile.

All the changes I actually made on both sides I do it on the dll, by redirecting the actual function to the new ones (the one made by me), this redirections are made dynamically, I just add in an xml file the parameters that my glue functions needs to make the inject, the glue function on the dll is in charge of finding the IntPtr of the function by name provided on the xml and then replacing all mem address that will call that function, in brief I just need to add the new function on a Lua file or on the dll (depending if i know the function will have more changes or not) and then add on the xml file the register of that function, and voila the function will be injected.

With this I can actually change any part of the client or server code.
    Some of the things that I have already done with this approach are:
    - Changing the lvl of pets from 12 to 20, Adding more Pets (client only have 18 declared), Changing the pet model just by editing the xml file (not by hex edit launcher)
    - Adding more TaskQuest
    - Adding new PVP zones as krumas
    - Adding new NPCs with dialogs
    - Adding more lvls to Minning and Herbalism
    - Allowing Kruma refining to accept what ever item I want it to accept
    - Adding new file logs for whatever i want to control (server side), for example world events
    - removing the control of item type by ID, by adding new columns on xml file that have the type of the item, so for example a rare item is not controlled any more by its ID
    - removing the limit of item IDs
    - removing the need to compile in different languages, the client reads what language you use in your OS and display the UI with your language if is defined, if not english will be shown as default.
    - Teleporting player to saved zone when they leave New maps (like mudha and some other maps does)
    - Adding ItemMall system on new maps
    .... And so on

Im actually working on UI system, it has been hard for me because i'm used to UNITY UI system which is really easy to develop, but with tantra im having a lot headaches xD i hope i ended up with a new UI system controlled all by xml and lua files.

Regards
    Last edited by Eliana Gherbaz; 09-02-16 at 09:03 AM.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    StarLocation
    1,775Posts

Just wondering, has there been any progress?

MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    129Posts

awwwwwwww

True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    BangaloreLocation
    469Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eliana Gherbaz View Post
    Adding functions to the game is actually easy to do, more if you know how to code with c++
    Im actually changing/adding features on both sides by attaching my developed dll made in c++/cli or what is known as CLR language. this way is at least for me easy to make changes on the actual code made in c++ because im c# programer, so im changing the actual hardcoded to xml files, one example are Pets another is Kruma refining, another are task quest and so on (there are a lot features that are hard coded on the .exe(s))

Futhermore im actually added Lua scripting language support on client and server. The benefit of Lua is that allows to make changes on code w/o the need of recompile.

All the changes I actually made on both sides I do it on the dll, by redirecting the actual function to the new ones (the one made by me), this redirections are made dynamically, I just add in an xml file the parameters that my glue functions needs to make the inject, the glue function on the dll is in charge of finding the IntPtr of the function by name provided on the xml and then replacing all mem address that will call that function, in brief I just need to add the new function on a Lua file or on the dll (depending if i know the function will have more changes or not) and then add on the xml file the register of that function, and voila the function will be injected.

With this I can actually change any part of the client or server code.
    Some of the things that I have already done with this approach are:
    - Changing the lvl of pets from 12 to 20, Adding more Pets (client only have 18 declared), Changing the pet model just by editing the xml file (not by hex edit launcher)
    - Adding more TaskQuest
    - Adding new PVP zones as krumas
    - Adding new NPCs with dialogs
    - Adding more lvls to Minning and Herbalism
    - Allowing Kruma refining to accept what ever item I want it to accept
    - Adding new file logs for whatever i want to control (server side), for example world events
    - removing the control of item type by ID, by adding new columns on xml file that have the type of the item, so for example a rare item is not controlled any more by its ID
    - removing the limit of item IDs
    - removing the need to compile in different languages, the client reads what language you use in your OS and display the UI with your language if is defined, if not english will be shown as default.
    - Teleporting player to saved zone when they leave New maps (like mudha and some other maps does)
    - Adding ItemMall system on new maps
    .... And so on

Im actually working on UI system, it has been hard for me because i'm used to UNITY UI system which is really easy to develop, but with tantra im having a lot headaches xD i hope i ended up with a new UI system controlled all by xml and lua files.

Regards
    This is beautiful work. It would be helpful for us if you guide programmers like me how to achieve such stuffs!
    Have a look at my simple Discord bot https://github.com/cyberinferno/discord-chum

True MemberRank
    Oct 2004 Join Date
    HellLocation
    788Posts

Dont bother.
    This is highly exclusive to only few people that I know. Eliana (xxswissxx) included.
    And Im sure, absolutely nobody will share this information except for the post above.

Also, most of the "pro developers" that pushes Tantra Server Development to extended content like Eliana is moving to another game or developing one for themselves. ;)

Edit:
    TL;DR: Tantra Development has been dead for many years. All you see here & other dev forum is a cycle of copy-pasta releases.
    Message us through Facebook or send us a message through Skype: qstarmacro@gmail.com

True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    BangaloreLocation
    469Posts

Quote Originally Posted by master_unknown View Post
    Dont bother.
    This is highly exclusive to only few people that I know. Eliana (xxswissxx) included.
    And Im sure, absolutely nobody will share this information except for the post above.

Also, most of the "pro developers" that pushes Tantra Server Development to extended content like Eliana is moving to another game or developing one for themselves. ;)

Edit:
    TL;DR: Tantra Development has been dead for many years. All you see here & other dev forum is a cycle of copy-pasta releases.
    Just trying. I am not saying to release the full thing so that I can directly leech off from it.Helpful pointers or guidelines would mean a lot to people who want to develop Tantra Online.

For example I am trying to build simple emulator but that's not possible until I understand how to read and build packets. Harcoded packets do not work.

If "pro developers" have moved out of Tantra, they should release the work so that others can benefit from it. After all that is why this community is for right? I would have happily shared my work if I am moving out of Tantra!
    Have a look at my simple Discord bot https://github.com/cyberinferno/discord-chum

True MemberRank
    Oct 2004 Join Date
    HellLocation
    788Posts

If "pro developers" have moved out of Tantra, they should release the work so that others can benefit from it. After all that is why this community is for right? I would have happily shared my work if I am moving out of Tantra!
    Have to break it to you but this is not what's happening in RZ since 13 yrs ago.
    They're not obliged to release their work too.

If only you were this active when those people were also active on Tantra, I bet Tantra Development will get into new heights.

Well, in my previous Team, we supported anyone capable.
    We supported DBOG Emulation development as well and other projects so I dont see you not being supported if they were active long time ago.

In addition, Tantra is long dead. The players who keeps playing the game are the same players who are trying each new private servers. The money from donation coming from those players are minimal at worst, zero.

I suggest you try to emulate new other games.
    I propose MU Legends.
    The game is not complicated as its only mainly focusing on "Dungeon Crawling" & "enchanting your gears".
    Im sure when you start a MU Legends project, there will be MUCH MUCH more interest in it. ;)
    Last edited by master_unknown; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:07 AM.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    BangaloreLocation
    469Posts

Quote Originally Posted by master_unknown View Post
    Have to break it to you but this is not what's happening in RZ since 13 yrs ago.
    They're not obliged to release their work too.

If only you were this active when those people were also active on Tantra, I bet Tantra Development will get into new heights.

Well, in my previous Team, we supported anyone capable.
    We supported DBOG Emulation development as well and other projects so I dont see you not being supported if they were active long time ago.

In addition, Tantra is long dead. The players who keeps playing the game are the same players who are trying each new private servers. The money from donation coming from those players are minimal at worst, zero.

I suggest you try to emulate new other games.
    I propose MU Legends.
    The game is not complicated as its only mainly focusing on "Dungeon Crawling" & "enchanting your gears".
    Im sure when you start a MU Legends project, there will be MUCH MUCH more interest in it. ;)
    You seem to know quite a lot about Tantra yourself and you are still active here. Hence you should share your knowledge with me

how to read and build packets
    Will you answer this question I am trying to find answer to?

True MemberRank
    Oct 2004 Join Date
    HellLocation
    788Posts

Nope, I dont know anything about that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Advertisement