Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Make Your Own Tantra Server Files Opener

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Hiya Ragezoners,

I have been wondering in the forum for quite some time now. In fact I successfully setup/install my own server (currently at testing phase) and I thought maybe I should contribute in the community in a small way.

So to start, at the end of this guide my main objective is to allow and let everyone to have a quick Tantra server files opener (e.g. DBSRV.EXE, MSGSRV.EXE, etc.) without browsing through the different folders of your server file directory.

W32lw9 - [Guide] Make Your Own Tantra Server Files Opener - RaGEZONE Forums

Requirement(s):

or later

Steps:

1. First download the above requirement(s).
  2. Install the said software.
    (You can skip Step 1 & 2 if you already have it in your system)​
  3. Go to start and search for Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition and open it.
  4. Once Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition is opened, look for Create "Project" (see image below)
    t1LxKOR - [Guide] Make Your Own Tantra Server Files Opener - RaGEZONE Forums

5. New Project menu will pop-out. Click on Windows Form Application and type in your desired Project Name (e.g. Tantra Server Files Opener) (see image below) and click OK.
    CcSqecR - [Guide] Make Your Own Tantra Server Files Opener - RaGEZONE Forums

6. Change the name of your software form as desired (e.g. Tantra SFO) (see image below) and hit Enter.
    lOyAny3 - [Guide] Make Your Own Tantra Server Files Opener - RaGEZONE Forums

7. Now we add a clickable button that will execute the first file to be open which is the DBSRV.EXE. To do this hover your mouse pointer on "Toolbox" (upper left corner) and look for "Button" and double-click or drag it inside the Form1 (e.g. Tantra SFO) box. You might want to adjust the location of this button and change the button name inside the form to suffice your needs (see images below)
    zV2aCVS - [Guide] Make Your Own Tantra Server Files Opener - RaGEZONE Forums

Result: To quickly rename the button just click on it and change its Text Properties (e.g. DBSRV)
    LBuIdTv - [Guide] Make Your Own Tantra Server Files Opener - RaGEZONE Forums

8. Now that we have already created the button we need to specifically call on its target inside our system. To do this just simply right-click on it and select View Code (see image below) and it will take you to new tab where you will insert the correct code.
    L3Cxp62 - [Guide] Make Your Own Tantra Server Files Opener - RaGEZONE Forums

9. Once the new tab appears place this code accordingly (see image below)
    Code:
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("[COLOR=#ff0000]D:\Server\DBSRV\DBSRV.exe[/COLOR]")

UBl8kE4 - [Guide] Make Your Own Tantra Server Files Opener - RaGEZONE Forums

10. Once done we need to test the button if it works by clicking on "Start Debugging" button (see image below)
    wYw8Pov - [Guide] Make Your Own Tantra Server Files Opener - RaGEZONE Forums

11. Click on your first button (e.g. DBSRV) and if the DBSRV menu pops out it means it works if not check your code again.
  12. To add the rest of the buttons (e.g. MSGSRV, ITMSRV, SQLDAEMON, ZONE 1, etc,) Please repeat Step 7 to 9
  13. Once you are done creating all the necessary buttons, we need to publish our project in order for us to get the executable (.exe) file for the said project. To do this click Build (top) and select Publish Tantra SFO or whatever the name of your project is.
  14. A new window will appear and follow the prompts in this manner.
    1. Specify the location to publish this application (click Browse to do so)
    2. Select "From a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
    3. Select "The application will not check for updates"
    4. Read the message and click Finish
  15. Alternatively you can acquire the executable (.exe) file of your project @ C:\Users\%Computer Name%\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\%Project Name%\%Project Name%\bin\Release\%Project Name%.exe

For questions and violent reaction please do not hesitate to leave your post here. Thank you!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
btw bro , you know to how to fix party exp ??

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys. Can anyone give me a full tantra server files? been playing tantra since 2006 and i want to create one for a change. Please anyone? help me.
Email me here leadstrat.rodney@gmail.com thanks a lot!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
why not something simple?:

Code:
on cmd:

start DBSRV\DBSRV.exe

something like:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
why not something simple?:

Code:
on cmd:

start DBSRV\DBSRV.exe

something like:

This can be helpful too but this guide of mine is a way of showing that you can open each zone without compromising your computer's memory because as we all know it takes upto 16GB memory in opening all zones. So I am thinking why not easily open each zone one by one.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This can be helpful too but this guide of mine is a way of showing that you can open each zone without compromising your computer's memory because as we all know it takes upto 16GB memory in opening all zones. So I am thinking why not easily open each zone one by one.

But, the Server or PC need visual installed, you can add "pause" in the cmd code for open files manual one by one. Well it's other alternative more. :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you can add menus to a batch file and also color or if you want to get creative you can also convert a batch file to an exe file with ease as well. Visual Studio Basic is more ideal than a batch file but, a batch file will not fail and can be edited for location of the files. Hey avara you are doing a great job so far. Next step is looking into creating hex strings and you will be on your way to creating a new launcher lol.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
But, the Server or PC need visual installed, you can add "pause" in the cmd code for open files manual one by one. Well it's other alternative more. :)

Yeah I agree. Its an alternative to this.

you can add menus to a batch file and also color or if you want to get creative you can also convert a batch file to an exe file with ease as well. Visual Studio Basic is more ideal than a batch file but, a batch file will not fail and can be edited for location of the files. Hey avara you are doing a great job so far. Next step is looking into creating hex strings and you will be on your way to creating a new launcher lol.

Thanks for the compliment and I am not after with the launcher for now. What I am after is the GUI of Extreme or Tantra.PH I will do whatever it takes to get their GUI so far its really hard getting those I can't even play their server and I don't know why. Its maybe my country's IP is ban or what so ever.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
GUIs are a dime a dozen. Why don't you simply create your own?

I am a fan of lazyness :D and I am quite confuse what part of the GUI in the client appear in-game there are so many files that have squares on it and I don't know which is which. I am planning to play in Extreme and screenshot everything in there and copy and paste it to my client.

Reaction score
a batch file will not fail and can be edited for location of the files.
pff. You dont need hex strings to launch or create another form of Tantra Launcher. Why the duck will I do such a hassle way where theres an easier way? Programming is used to make your life easier not the other way around.

And in fact, if your goal is to create another launcher, its WAY BETTER to create another file structure (Like Extreme does). Its easier to update & maintain. And its Copy-Paste proof as well.

In short, creating a new Update.exe (The launcher) is not worth the time.

As for the Thread starter, try this method.
Dim x as string = "File directory\filename.exe"
Process.start(x)

And use FolderDialog to setup your directory, store the directory to a text box.
Load the directory from the Textbox & add the "exes".
Then, save the "String" from textbox to an INI so everytime your launcher starts, it loads the directory.
(You dont have to reopen/relocate the directory again & again).

Example: Textbox1.text = "c:\server\"

for the button:

Code:
        Try
            Dim x = txtDir.Text
            Process.Start(x & "\file.exe")
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        End Try

Extra Tip:
Try launching the Server binaries inside the MDI Form.
So you have a cleaner desktop. lol

Last edited:
Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
pff. You dont need hex strings to launch or create another form of Tantra Launcher. Why the duck will I do such a hassle way where theres an easier way? Programming is used to make your life easier not the other way around.

And in fact, if your goal is to create another launcher, its WAY BETTER to create another file structure (Like Extreme does). Its easier to update & maintain. And its Copy-Paste proof as well.

In short, creating a new Update.exe (The launcher) is not worth the time.

As for the Thread starter, try this method.
Dim x as string = "File directory\filename.exe"
Process.start(x)

And use FolderDialog to setup your directory, store the directory to a text box.
Load the directory from the Textbox & add the "exes".
Then, save the "String" from textbox to an INI so everytime your launcher starts, it loads the directory.
(You dont have to reopen/relocate the directory again & again).

Example: Textbox1.text = "c:\server\"

for the button:

Code:
        Try
            Dim x = txtDir.Text
            Process.Start(x & "\file.exe")
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        End Try

Extra Tip:
Try launching the Server binaries inside the MDI Form.
So you have a cleaner desktop. lol

Damn your good. You really got me about the "cleaner desktop" lol and thanks for the input. Will definitely try and experiment this. I am not a pro but I can definitely learn in no time.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been said either but, it is best to load the files minimized to keep your desktop clean. Simple suggestion of course. I saved myself a lot of trouble and encoded it into my website admin tool to open the server instead. Much easier and I don't have to physically be on the server to achieve this.

BTW My way is truly the lazy way. LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dont act so cocky.
There's many approach using any methods.
a.Remote Desktop
b.RAT(Remote Administration Tool)
c.TeamViewer
Basically, its pointless to code yourself a remote admin tool just to start up your server.
Again, Your logic of making things easier is really awkward.

Reaction score
Ive gone to create a new project.
So, how was it?
I made it so that you can:
- Maintenance mode : Means you can shut down the servers quickly. All of the zones in 1 click.
- Ability to start (run) / stop (kill) the zones.
- Ability to run the Binaries inside my program.

Interested?
PM me.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I added the ability to shut the server down, copy param into zones, delete all logs, start the server, change admin.txt for the ip address and quite a few other mods. I am what you call a very lazy person cuz I don't like to have to manually go to the server and do all of it manually. Like I said though. I am not trying to be cocky but, I did want to mention some of the things that have been done. Sorry for the bad impression.

Back