Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone knows how to read .tad files?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The simplest way to read information from a tad file is to simply open it with the GM tool but, you can hex it and convert it into readable strings if you want as well but, this takes more effort.

Reaction score
The simplest way to read information from a tad file is to simply open it with the GM tool but, you can hex it and convert it into readable strings if you want as well but, this takes more effort.

I wanted a guide to read file programmatically like for example in PHP to show it in website. Any GM tool source released?

Reaction score
I wanted a guide to read file programmatically like for example in PHP to show it in website. Any GM tool source released?

What are you up to?
Are you making a web-based GM Tool?
Or you are trying to make a "online model render" in your Web like AION/MU Online where it can show your character's stats / items & other information?

That is possible, but you know, the thing is, most people who "IS DEVELOPING" Tantra is not a developer themselves.
They just want to copy-paste someone else's release.

You should try to PM Eliana Gherbaz
She knows the file structures of Tantra very well.
She even imported the maps & other stuff to Unity3D. ;)

Edit: I think I remember that the account Eliana Gherbaz in Ragezone was deactivated or she has no longer access to it. However, she made a new account but I cant recall what was it as of this post.

Reaction score
What are you up to?
Are you making a web-based GM Tool?
Or you are trying to make a "online model render" in your Web like AION/MU Online where it can show your character's stats / items & other information?

That is possible, but you know, the thing is, most people who "IS DEVELOPING" Tantra is not a developer themselves.
They just want to copy-paste someone else's release.

You should try to PM Eliana Gherbaz
She knows the file structures of Tantra very well.
She even imported the maps & other stuff to Unity3D. ;)

Edit: I think I remember that the account Eliana Gherbaz in Ragezone was deactivated or she has no longer access to it. However, she made a new account but I cant recall what was it as of this post.

I am trying both the things you mentioned actually!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes my FB account don't have access since months ago, so I use this one that is native of RZ since 2011 xD.
cyberinferno: from 2007 server:

struct STRUCT_ACCOUNTFILE
{
char AccountName[52];
char AccountPass[36];
STRUCT_MOB Char[3];
STRUCT_ITEM Cargo[120];
int Coin;
int ssn1;
int ssn2;
DWORD dwTimeStamp[10];
};
struct STRUCT_MOB
{
char szName[20];
short sMuscle ;
short sNerves ;
short sHeart ;
short sMind ;
short snTribe;
short snBagIndex;
int nPrana;
int nHP;
int nTP;
int nRupiah;
int nBramanPoint;
int nGuildID;
int nTrimurityLearn;
BYTE byTrimuriti;
BYTE byLevel;
BYTE byFace;
BYTE byHead;
BYTE byInvenBag;
BYTE bySpecialName;
BYTE byZone;
BYTE bySaveZone;
BYTE byStatus;
BYTE byGMStatus;
BYTE byClass1;
BYTE byClass2;
short snKarma;
BYTE byDecPranaRate;
BYTE byKillLevel;
short snX;
short snZ;
short snSaveX;
short snSaveZ;
BYTE bySkill[100];
BYTE byQuest[100];
STRUCT_ITEM Inven[72];
STRUCT_ITEM Equip[MAX_EQUIP];
};

struct STRUCT_ITEM
{ short snIndex ;
short snDurability ;
WORD wSerial;
short snDummy;
BYTE byCount ;
BYTE bySubRefine[5] ;
BYTE byDummy;
BYTE byRefineLevel ;
};

The rest is in your hands.

Regards

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry. I also have a TAD file in my game.
Can someone help me open and edit a TAD file? Is there any tool to open it?
This link:

or

Thanks for reading. :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it's k3 structure, the struct size of k5 is same as k3 so you can use it as a reference, you can even directly use it for k5 tad if you don't care the item which only support from k5. it will be helpful if anyone can help to correct the structure of k5. (that's why I am looking for k5 basedef.h)

== reference for k5 structure ==
struct STRUCT_MOB
{ char szName[20]; short sMuscle ;
// STRUCT_ITEM Inven[72];
STRUCT_ITEM Inven[48];

/* Unknown size is STRUCT_ITEM * 24, it includes PET/Mount/Glasses/Headband */ STRUCT_UNKNOWN Unknown;

STRUCT_ITEM Equip[MAX_EQUIP];};

== the following packets is comming from k5 ==
nID(1), Slot(0), Coin(1002566391), AccountName(accTEST), dwTimeStamp(1577201542, 1577201542, 1577201542, 1577201542, 1577201542, 1577201542, 0, 0, 0, 0), szName(nameTEST), sMuscle(18), sNerves(11), sHeart(11), sMind(10), snTribe(16), snBagIndex(0), nPrana(0), nHP(886), nTP(502), nRupiah(219750), nBramanPoint(45), nGuildID(0), byTrimuriti(2), byLevel(80), byFace(1), byHead(1), byInvenBag(0), bySpecialName(0), byZone(3), bySaveZone(1), byStatus(0), byGMStatus(0), byClass1(0), byClass2(2), snKarma(0), byDecPranaRate(0), byKillLevel(0), snX/Y(453/425), snSaveX/Y(509/233)
-------- Inven -------- Some difference between k3 and k5
00: snIndex(0), snDurability(0), wSerial(0), snDummy(0), byCount(0), bySubRefine(0 0 0 0 0), byDummy(0), byRefineLevel(0)........
47: snIndex(0), snDurability(0), wSerial(0), snDummy(0), byCount(0), bySubRefine(0 0 0 0 0), byDummy(0), byRefineLevel(0)

48: <= from here is where Pet info start, including Satia, Para, Level ... etc.
59: <= Pet info end

60: <= from here is the item ID of Headhand, Glasses, Mount.

61 <= unknown
71 <= unknown

-------- Equip -------- All same as k3
00: snIndex(0), snDurability(0), wSerial(0), snDummy(0), byCount(0), bySubRefine(0 0 0 0 0), byDummy(0), byRefineLevel(0)
15: snIndex(0), snDurability(0), wSerial(0), snDummy(0), byCount(0), bySubRefine(0 0 0 0 0), byDummy(0), byRefineLevel(0)

-------- Cargo -------- All same as k3
000: snIndex(0), snDurability(0), wSerial(0), snDummy(0), byCount(0), bySubRefine(0 0 0 0 0), byDummy(0), byRefineLevel(0)
119: snIndex(0), snDurability(0), wSerial(0), snDummy(0), byCount(0), bySubRefine(0 0 0 0 0), byDummy(0), byRefineLevel(0)

Back