Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Advertising in the wrong thread for the fail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that most of the advertisement threads are getting spammed by other server owners?
ex. Hey this emulator is crap come play this one :link:

Could people get anymore pathetic? I mean come on "Your emulator is trash, ours is 10* better find it here" I mean, if their emulator was better, why would they need to come to a proclaimed "Trash" emulator and post on it with their threads.
If you ask me that new moderator position needs to be filled fast. All this hate in the community is disgusting, and is going to end up killing it off.

DNC left once. iKasu left, Folkz left.
It's really sad to see that this section is just full of people that either,

A. Want to become popular so they can get tons of donations of work that isn't theirs

or

B. Just want to spam and flame everyone else that has things that they don't

This is just my two cents, I'm sure some hate is coming my way for it,
But this has got to stop. We are supposed to be a community. Helping one another
not trying to take each other out... Remember the civil war?(Not that I'm comparing this to slavery or anything)

Just sayin'

Kalisto

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You're right and I don't think any flame should be going your way.. but then again you yourself used words "you can't please everyone" so there will be someone who'll disagree.

For this very reason I got interested in applying as a moderator as such things shouldn't be allowed.

Although the forum isn't as bad as you think it is.. I've seen barely a few advertisers and trolls while most of the people I interacted with, including you, were mature and had manners.

As for all the trolls.. if you take in mind that including them like most of us here are interested in learning more.. and for their spamming and inappropriate behavior they will get punished.
As Steppenwolf's Power play song goes:
Remember if you plan to stay
Those who give can take away
Don't bite the hand that feeds you

As for the people you mentioned all I can say is from what I had chance to see..

Folkz is still here, and I talked to him and he's a great guy. he even approves my moderator application for which I'm grateful
DNC is apparantly some kind of God here.. and I would not want to get on his bad side
while, from what I heard before, ikasu is a bit of a crybaby that deleted anything useful here on the forum because he got butt-hurt over some incident.. (I could refer back to the lyrics I posted above though now that I think about it) but then again I don't know the details so I don't want to make any assumptions beforehand.

P.S. I do hope that this post wasn't encouraged by my post on your thread, as it was not my goal to flame, spam or troll. In case it looked like a severe case of that, I apologize. I don't like arguments, fights, violence or anything like that.. rl or internet and I think well of others.. so as long as there are people which are dedicated to helping others, I don't think that real core of the community will ever be "killed off".

:)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
You're right and I don't think any flame should be going your way.. but then again you yourself used words "you can't please everyone" so there will be someone who'll disagree.

For this very reason I got interested in applying as a moderator as such things shouldn't be allowed.

Although the forum isn't as bad as you think it is.. I've seen barely a few advertisers and trolls while most of the people I interacted with, including you, were mature and had manners.

As for all the trolls.. if you take in mind that including them like most of us here are interested in learning more.. and for their spamming and inappropriate behavior they will get punished.
As Steppenwolf's Power play song goes:

As for the people you mentioned all I can say is from what I had chance to see..

Folkz is still here, and I talked to him and he's a great guy. he even approves my moderator application for which I'm grateful
DNC is apparantly some kind of God here.. and I would not want to get on his bad side
while, from what I heard before, ikasu is a bit of a crybaby that deleted anything useful here on the forum because he got butt-hurt over some incident.. (I could refer back to the lyrics I posted above though now that I think about it) but then again I don't know the details so I don't want to make any assumptions beforehand.

P.S. I do hope that this post wasn't encouraged by my post on your thread, as it was not my goal to flame, spam or troll. In case it looked like a severe case of that, I apologize. I don't like arguments, fights, violence or anything like that.. rl or internet and I think well of others.. so as long as there are people which are dedicated to helping others, I don't think that real core of the community will ever be "killed off".

:)

Another one who thinks iKasu sucks. No, he doesn't. Let me explain something that probably wont change your mind:
When DNC released his "build". What was his team? Him, finito, GigaToni and iKasu. Those 3, except DNC, where constantly updating the release, and DNC just claimed it as his own code. I still don't know why he left, but I just want to say that he stole the codes from iKasu, finito and GigaToni. And I am totally supporting iKasu, because he said to some people once:
A tutorial it's not only a copy/paste thing. A good tutorial is the one that has the example code and the explanation for it.
It was something like that, that I can remember. Anyways, I added him on Skype, and he explained to me how to add groups! He said that there was a function for it in the SWF's, but I needed to add it in the code, and it is a little bit hard.

So, I suggest for you Kratos - search it up on RZ, or go to this link. You'll find out that I thought the same way as you, until I saw Giga's post.

Staff member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you Johnny, I have iKasu on my skype as well, He is a really great guy, and I agree with him, Everyone doesn't need to have Copy/Paste Servers running around. We don't need to end up like WoW with 30k servers with nothing going on for them.

Also Add me on my skype Maybe we can talk about some stuff. Throw around ideas. I wouldn't mind figuring out how groups work.
Maybe from there we can get friends working :)

P.S. That offer of my skype for helping each other out stands for everyone.
This is what I like to see, the community as a whole, not flaming the crap out of each other.
Most of us are adults, so we should act like it. For those that aren't adults... Act like it? lol.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Another one who thinks iKasu sucks. No, he doesn't. Let me explain something that probably wont change your mind:

Not at all Jonny. I never thought he sucks. I know that he posted a lot and that he's very skilled in this area so I respect him greatly, however I just said what I heard from others before (DeadZ guys who were trashing Ikasu and writing bad things on the chat while I was still a dev there). And that's a nice saying there! I've just finished reading through the thread. Thanks for clearing up things.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Not at all Jonny. I never thought he sucks. I know that he posted a lot and that he's very skilled in this area so I respect him greatly, however I just said what I heard from others before (DeadZ guys who were trashing Ikasu and writing bad things on the chat while I was still a dev there). And that's a nice saying there! I've just finished reading through the thread. Thanks for clearing up things.

He's a nice guy. He at least tries to explain what other people just post their code in here.

Reaction score
Stuff like this stops today. Please send me a private message if you see users advertising in other peoples' threads with a link to the post and I'll take care of it immediately.

Hopefully we can all work together to keep this section free from spamming advertisements and other useless threads. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back