Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Any1 Upgraded this Engine to VS2015 or higher?

C

Cinx

You will need updated libs for PhysX, AutodeskNav, and Scaleform. Unless you want to do some hacky workaround.

I managed to compile the src with vs2017 compiler by removing AutodeskNav, upgrading PhysX, and doing a hacky workaround for Scaleform.

You can get the PhysX src from their github after creating a nvidia developer account.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
so what is the highest version of VS i can use to compile this right out of the box?

i use and prefer 2013 so i was wondering if that was one of them i would be able to use without upgrading PhysX or if it has to be older and if so which version do you recommend for me to use?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You will need updated libs for PhysX, AutodeskNav, and Scaleform. Unless you want to do some hacky workaround.

I managed to compile the src with vs2017 compiler by removing AutodeskNav, upgrading PhysX, and doing a hacky workaround for Scaleform.

You can get the PhysX src from their github after creating a nvidia developer account.

You can create a repository and someone can help

Reaction score
Well, found some time now to Compile this PhysX mess. But where to find RepX3, PhysXProfileSDK source stuff? Im kinda confused about.

Okr3LYc - Any1 Upgraded this Engine to VS2015 or higher? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Using vs2017 atm, haven't actually upgraded much though, building with old toolset. Still worth it for the features of vs2015-17.

Reaction score
The thingy is, i have to Upgrade to atleast C++ 14, cuz want to use some nice stuff to protect my stuff against all the brain raped cheater kids. :glare:

But still no idea where this "RepX3, PhysXProfileSDK" stuff is hiding to compile. :(

Reaction score
If I remember correctly RepX was deprecated after some version and was never actually released as source (Or it was deleted before I joined the Gameworks program). And PhysXProfileSDK is also not released I think. Could be wrong though. So much time has passed since I last messed with that. (So much that APEX is back as BLAST!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, in PhysX 3.2.X SDK is just alot missing as it seems like compared to 3.3.X or 3.4.X.

<-- this is what the 3.3 project files look like.

And upgrading 3.2 to 3.3/3.4 is just cancer, Repx is just deprecated, and tons of stuff about the Ragdoll has to be redone.

C

Cinx

RepX is not deprecated. They overhauled the serialization. Everything is included in the repository. PhysX is not a mess, hell, they even have guides in their documentation showing you what has changed between versions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To upgrade to the C++14 compiler you're definitely gonna have to rewrite a lot of stuff, hell even with C++11 a lot of poop isnt supported afaik

Back