Any1 Upgraded this Engine to VS2015 or higher?

True MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    /dev/nullLocation
    479Posts

Any1 Upgraded this Engine to VS2015 or higher?

As title ask, some1 finished it? If so, which or where to get updated PhysX Libs for it?

MemberRank
    Aug 2015 Join Date
    27Posts

Re: Any1 Upgraded this Engine to VS2015 or higher?

You will need updated libs for PhysX, AutodeskNav, and Scaleform. Unless you want to do some hacky workaround.

I managed to compile the src with vs2017 compiler by removing AutodeskNav, upgrading PhysX, and doing a hacky workaround for Scaleform.

You can get the PhysX src from their github after creating a nvidia developer account.

BannedRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    189Posts

so what is the highest version of VS i can use to compile this right out of the box?

i use and prefer 2013 so i was wondering if that was one of them i would be able to use without upgrading PhysX or if it has to be older and if so which version do you recommend for me to use?

True MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    /dev/nullLocation
    479Posts

MemberRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    PT_EN_es_br_itLocation
    65Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinx View Post
    You will need updated libs for PhysX, AutodeskNav, and Scaleform. Unless you want to do some hacky workaround.

I managed to compile the src with vs2017 compiler by removing AutodeskNav, upgrading PhysX, and doing a hacky workaround for Scaleform.

You can get the PhysX src from their github after creating a nvidia developer account.
    You can create a repository and someone can help

True MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    /dev/nullLocation
    479Posts

Well, found some time now to Compile this PhysX mess. But where to find RepX3, PhysXProfileSDK source stuff? Im kinda confused about.

MemberRank
    Jul 2017 Join Date
    11Posts

Using vs2017 atm, haven't actually upgraded much though, building with old toolset. Still worth it for the features of vs2015-17.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    /dev/nullLocation
    479Posts

The thingy is, i have to Upgrade to atleast C++ 14, cuz want to use some nice stuff to protect my stuff against all the brain raped cheater kids.

But still no idea where this "RepX3, PhysXProfileSDK" stuff is hiding to compile. :(

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    2,072Posts

If I remember correctly RepX was deprecated after some version and was never actually released as source (Or it was deleted before I joined the Gameworks program). And PhysXProfileSDK is also not released I think. Could be wrong though. So much time has passed since I last messed with that. (So much that APEX is back as BLAST!)
    Last edited by GigaToni; 29-07-18 at 06:46 PM.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    /dev/nullLocation
    479Posts

Well, in PhysX 3.2.X SDK is just alot missing as it seems like compared to 3.3.X or 3.4.X.

https://i.imgur.com/5uCaBsM.jpg <-- this is what the 3.3 project files look like.

And upgrading 3.2 to 3.3/3.4 is just cancer, Repx is just deprecated, and tons of stuff about the Ragdoll has to be redone.

MemberRank
    Aug 2015 Join Date
    27Posts

RepX is not deprecated. They overhauled the serialization. Everything is included in the repository. PhysX is not a mess, hell, they even have guides in their documentation showing you what has changed between versions.

https://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/co...ationTo33.html
    https://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/co...ationTo34.html

MemberRank
    Jul 2017 Join Date
    11Posts

To upgrade to the C++14 compiler you're definitely gonna have to rewrite a lot of stuff, hell even with C++11 a lot of shit isnt supported afaik

MemberRank
    Aug 2015 Join Date
    27Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sCrubDAB View Post
    To upgrade to the C++14 compiler you're definitely gonna have to rewrite a lot of stuff, hell even with C++11 a lot of shit isnt supported afaik
    This is not true.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    /dev/nullLocation
    479Posts

Yea well, was missreading the deprecation on RepX shit, still annoying as hell! :D

MemberRank
    Jul 2017 Join Date
    11Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinx View Post
    This is not true.
    Actually yeah, you're right. But if you manage to get it working you SHOULD rewrite a decent amount of stuff, in my opinion atleast :D

Advertisement