Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[General] Basic Tips for New Devs.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So, my team and I have been doing this for nearly 8 months. I think its time to tell you all how we make our profit and what not. Blah Blah Blah. You know.

First, started with a goal. your not gonna get anywhere if you just "go with it". You learn from your mistakes and counter attack with something different.

NEVER, Copy and paste from ragezone. Yeah, cool skins. But it will spread thou other emulators making you "the same". You gotta have something new. You gotta spice things up and not go basic.
(Ragezone is amazing at its releases, choose to take what you want. Not saying DONT.)

expect:
Negativity
Frustration
Time consuming

Those are my top three, devs if you have anymore exceptions post below.

Second, You gotta have artwork.

amateur, work makes you as yourself look amateur to the job being. You HAVE to have decent work into your art. Regardless if its advertisement, Branding, skinning. You gotta have some sort of art work appealing to the eye of negativity to make them :thumbup1:.

Third, New Ideas.

Coming up with new ideas can very on your game you where wanna take it. In regards to art, skins, objects, maps, menus. All of it matters. simple little updates can help the community.

TIP: Update every 3 days or as much as possible.

Forth, ALWAYS. Listen to the community. (Your community. Not Ragezones)

Soon, you'll have users. You gotta listen to them to keep their attentions.

TIP: When a popular emu goes down for maintains. Thats your time to shine, Advertise as much as possible. Get everyone in the game. Give discounts or even free items or GC.

Fifth, Your DEV team is one of the most important if not. MOST. Important to the game. Some devs have reputation. Those devs might not fit in the community. ​DO NOT BE SCARED TO RELEASE HIM FROM HIS DUTY!!! If he has a impact on your community! GET HIM OUT.

Don't say "Hes the only one I have guys". There are plenty of devs plus the help section todo what you needed to be done.

Sixth, Business.

This is the last one, which stands out as "profit" for the extra you make. Discounts and game $ will increase your chances of getting profit. Stop, this "Donate" poop. You gotta reach out. You cant expect money to come flying without pitting in the effort to get the $.

Our Servers cost 1,300 with tax (Bc of the USA). We make a total of (On avg) 320 to 380 a week. We reach out, sending emails, telling everyone to tell thier friends. BUT, instead of the game being free. Its 3$ for account but 5 USD monthly. To out that into perspective.

Active Accounts | 571 |
571 * 5 = 2855.

That goes into the billing. Heres how our billing works.

+-----

That might look like we are making bank. But we are barley making it.

My point is, DONT SIT ON YOUR butt. Get the money and get those bills paid. The community loves your game. Dont spend it elsewhere.

-----------------

Thank you, I hope this gave a little basic tips on warz emulators. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Basic Tips for New Devs.

great job; but
where is the Tutorial for beginners with (really) starting a (good) emulator?

There is just missing some stuff dude :D

I am a beginner, i have this ideas.

#can you give some extended Tips?
@else goodjob for doing that, but how you really get advertise for your server?; I mean, how you get the (right) advertise you want?
some tips?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

This is really nice, i mean, sharing the experiences with everyone.

Thats great, you deserve the heaven bro.. :))

<3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Great tips. I can say out of experience that itztony here is completely right.

My personal drive is "I try to do the things Infestation Devs Should have done''. I combine that with listening 100% to the community, I ONLY do what the community wants and thanks to that weve come very far already with NewZ!

Cheers.

Back