Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

C

Cinx

I think its a good improvement its just not as noticeable on textures as plain as WarZ ones or at least the one in the picture

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
I think its a good improvement its just not as noticeable on textures as plain as WarZ ones or at least the one in the picture

i guess if i could go and remake stuff like buildings , or ground.. then maybe people could see the difference, at this moment i have to agree that seeing details on the gun is wierd.. but 4k has 1 advantage... if you take texture quality to low.. you will literaly have it like original 2k texture on high texture quality :D

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I suggest adding a detail map, it looks really nice depending on what texture, I used a set map on almost everything just to improve texture quality.

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
I suggest adding a detail map, it looks really nice depending on what texture, I used a set map on almost everything just to improve texture quality.

detail map... well it could work but i never actualy liked that.. maybe because hammerpoint used literaly a normal map of something like a cloth or skin for a detail map :D

tho could try that on the weapon

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@sylvanas1234

4K models would actually be an interesting and amazing addition to this engine. Most of the people saying "It will lag" are dead wrong. All you would need to do is have a 4K FPS weapon model, and maybe a 1K-2K TPS weapon model with different LOD phases for optimization, and you will be lag free. With ISS's mediocre graphics that would be a step in the right direction and looking at your modeling skills i seen you post i believe you can achieve it.

@ Everyone saying it causes lag

LOD is key to saving FPS, that's why LOD exists in the first place in order to decrease render load. Below is what i have found to cause lag so far with severity levels.
- Lack of LOD on models (High-Very High)
- Ambient Occlusion (Very High)
- FXAA (Shadows) (High)
- Shadow Blur (High)
- Nature (Medium)
- Grass (Medium)
- Bloom (Low)

Back