[Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    I can do it!, i guess... Sylvanas1234 is online now
    True MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    495Posts

    [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?


    RaGEZONE Recommends

    RaGEZONE Recommends

    Soo since i am back working around texture heavy overalls for WarZ.. i was wondering and decided to test, how a big difference will make a newly baked 4K texture ( and i don't mean 2K x 2K resized into 4K, but a fresh made 4K texture )

    My first point of testing was the M4 i am working on for past days ( which work on i showed over the ragezone ). The original textures were baked and generated in 2K res.
    Spoiler:


    It doesn't look bad.. but still doesn't look as good as i wished them to be. Thats why i decided to get a 4K bake of a same texture i was working on, the results are :
    Spoiler:


    Good? Bad? Is it worth to place 4K into that engine? What is your opinion

    Spoiler:
    OY WANKY WANK

    I AM BACK

    You cannot get rid of me THAT easly


  2. #2
    Delta Subscription kukk1 is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Dec 2015 Join Date
    Cold NorthLocation
    67Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Imo the difference is not noticeable for the average player. And lets say you were to replace all the weapon textures with 4k's, wouldnt that hit the fps hard? There could be many factors that create the difference in your screen's, but I cant help but notice that the fps difference is there. As I said I know the fps isnt steady in the editor, but then again it would need to be tested large scale to see if it actually affects the end-user at all.

    If not, why wouldnt you want better looking assets? ;)
    On a serious note; No. Not worth.

  3. #3
    I can do it!, i guess... Sylvanas1234 is online now
    True MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    495Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by kukk1 View Post
    Imo the difference is not noticeable for the average player. And lets say you were to replace all the weapon textures with 4k's, wouldnt that hit the fps hard? There could be many factors that create the difference in your screen's, but I cant help but notice that the fps difference is there. As I said I know the fps isnt steady in the editor, but then again it would need to be tested large scale to see if it actually affects the end-user at all.

    If not, why wouldnt you want better looking assets? ;)
    On a serious note; No. Not worth.
    but pixels are making my eyes hurt! :D
    OY WANKY WANK

    I AM BACK

    You cannot get rid of me THAT easly

  4. #4
    ☆Beyond Death☆ Bombillo is online now
    True MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    951Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    nop until this engine get dx12 all the textures have to be under low resolution and low poly things At least you want all the players playing at low as 10fps :v the dx9 will work too much to read all render with this high texture/mesh things
    Are you new in Infestation? or are you looking for more features, then visit Infestation File Store


  5. #5
    Member zynyc is offline
    MemberRank
    Mar 2016 Join Date
    29Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Na, not worth it.
    like you all said, that would cause a lot of fps drops and no one would notice the difference

  6. #6
    Delta Subscription kukk1 is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Dec 2015 Join Date
    Cold NorthLocation
    67Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas1234 View Post
    but pixels are making my eyes hurt! :D
    I've got the same problem haha
    Just another thing we have to deal with

  7. #7
    I can do it!, i guess... Sylvanas1234 is online now
    True MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    495Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by kukk1 View Post
    I've got the same problem haha
    Just another thing we have to deal with
    or... leave the texture as they are normaly, just use 4K on some "Special" things ? or guns only? literlay stuff that has such a small meshes that a game won't have a problem loading it?
    OY WANKY WANK

    I AM BACK

    You cannot get rid of me THAT easly

  8. #8
    Delta Subscription kukk1 is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Dec 2015 Join Date
    Cold NorthLocation
    67Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas1234 View Post
    or... leave the texture as they are normaly, just use 4K on some "Special" things ? or guns only? literlay stuff that has such a small meshes that a game won't have a problem loading it?
    That would be fine, can't see why it wouldn't. As for the project you're apart of now I don't see why at least your main guns can have 4k details or even textures. There will probably be a noticeable difference but then again what does -5 fps make. You should try - if not only to test the engines limits.

  9. #9
    I can do it!, i guess... Sylvanas1234 is online now
    True MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    495Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by kukk1 View Post
    That would be fine, can't see why it wouldn't. As for the project you're apart of now I don't see why at least your main guns can have 4k details or even textures. There will probably be a noticeable difference but then again what does -5 fps make. You should try - if not only to test the engines limits.
    well at this moment i even loaded a 8K texture for that model... a.. a 8k texture... xD will make a comparison soon

    - - - Updated - - -

    + i don't really think that a 4k should always make such a huge mistake. Since the 4k i am using are compressed af -> 10MB for 1 texture in 4k? when same texture baked in 2k gives me 3MB ;s
    OY WANKY WANK

    I AM BACK

    You cannot get rid of me THAT easly

  10. #10
    Delta Subscription kukk1 is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Dec 2015 Join Date
    Cold NorthLocation
    67Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas1234 View Post
    well at this moment i even loaded a 8K texture for that model... a.. a 8k texture... xD will make a comparison soon

    - - - Updated - - -

    + i don't really think that a 4k should always make such a huge mistake. Since the 4k i am using are compressed af -> 10MB for 1 texture in 4k? when same texture baked in 2k gives me 3MB ;s
    It would matter when you compare a group of 10-20 textured models with the same group just 4k textures. But if you actually see that they look cleaner in game I would +1 it even if I lose performance.

    I don't really have enough knownledge to know all the downsides to this, but as we said; small scale is fine

  11. #11
    I can do it!, i guess... Sylvanas1234 is online now
    True MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    495Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by kukk1 View Post
    It would matter when you compare a group of 10-20 textured models with the same group just 4k textures. But if you actually see that they look cleaner in game I would +1 it even if I lose performance.

    I don't really have enough knownledge to know all the downsides to this, but as we said; small scale is fine
    i guess getting a new coat of fresh paint into some items is my life goal dx

    i think getting something like a original machete in 4k with stuff like engraves, etc etc could look sick

    cuz honeslty, i wish to replace as much stuff as i can with free custom stuff i get rights to use, but some models in the game are really well made, but the coat this items / models were given, makes them look bad af.. i mean just a example.. mossin nagant looks.. just.. mehh...
    OY WANKY WANK

    I AM BACK

    You cannot get rid of me THAT easly

  12. #12
    Delta Subscription kukk1 is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Dec 2015 Join Date
    Cold NorthLocation
    67Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas1234 View Post
    i guess getting a new coat of fresh paint into some items is my life goal dx

    i think getting something like a original machete in 4k with stuff like engraves, etc etc could look sick

    cuz honeslty, i wish to replace as much stuff as i can with free custom stuff i get rights to use, but some models in the game are really well made, but the coat this items / models were given, makes them look bad af.. i mean just a example.. mossin nagant looks.. just.. mehh...
    Even though I dont like the way Sergey and his crew did things I have to give them creds for how well they made some of these models. I wish they did put down as much as worn into the textures.

  13. #13
    ¿ aLca is offline
    True MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    /dev/nullLocation
    449Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Tbh, u should stop with warz dipshit, get into making assets for unity/unreal and get $$$, instead wasting time for this literally complete trash engine.
    Looking for some rock solid anticheat? Contact me at Jabber -> aLcaTr4z@jabber.de

  14. #14
    I can do it!, i guess... Sylvanas1234 is online now
    True MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    495Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by aLca View Post
    Tbh, u should stop with warz dipshit, get into making assets for unity/unreal and get $$$, instead wasting time for this literally complete trash engine.
    honestly was thinking about that, sadly first need to get my new rig to be able to work like that... cmon working on a laptop with just 16gb of ram ( ddr3 ) and a SSHD instead of SSD makes everything much much slower... a bake of any model for me in 2k takes like 5-10 seconds.. tho 4k gets 1-2 minutes... a "experimental" 8k took me 15 minutes .. and these are just bakes...... getting a own model... well thats where the paint starting... my laptop can handle high-poly models, but getting a UV map... mehh thats a hell :/ getting a single uv map for my firing range models ( which are low poly af ) almost burned out my whole ram and cpu Dx

    Also i have to focus on my college most of days ( and my work to pay for the college, soo still far away from getting better rig ) soo i guess...

    RiP me?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kukk1 View Post
    Even though I dont like the way Sergey and his crew did things I have to give them creds for how well they made some of these models. I wish they did put down as much as worn into the textures.
    the thing i always gonna comment on them from the design part..is why the fuck they made separate TPS models and textures for guns, meds etc... why the fuck they couldnt just hack a model to be both TPS and FPS... instead of using 2 models.. you are using 1 model.... instead of 2 materials, you are using 1.. and instead of 10-12 textures.. you are using 3-5 ( 6 at max with glow map )... what is the less space / memory eating?

    Exacly
    Last edited by Sylvanas1234; 19-02-17 at 09:17 AM.
    OY WANKY WANK

    I AM BACK

    You cannot get rid of me THAT easly

  15. #15
    ¿ aLca is offline
    True MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    /dev/nullLocation
    449Posts

    Re: [Discussion] 4K Textures onto the eclipse. Is it worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas1234 View Post
    RiP me?
    Seems like. But u should do it step by step, comes time, comes money for a new awesome PC. :)

    Also, get a SSD. Some SSD's with 250GB are around 50-70€, not the world overall. :)
    Looking for some rock solid anticheat? Contact me at Jabber -> aLcaTr4z@jabber.de




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement