Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Emulator Without Zombies? New Emulator Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Been gone for quite a while, and I'm back with some news.

My team's project Hunted MMO has been canceled because the team had to disband due to personal issues in real life and the team now only consists of me, one other DEV, and we've teamed up with m70b1jr. However, lately we have decided to try and start up a new emulator, a PvP one! I personally learned that this is what the community wants and we will deliver.

QUICK NOTE: IT WON'T BE ANOTHER COPY AND PASTE EMULATOR! XD

Here comes the question though....

How would you guys like a PvP emulator WITHOUT zombies? Something similar to the Wasteland mod in the Arma series, but with more "WarZ" type PvP. There will be other ways to obtain XP, but what do you guys think of this idea as a whole?

Tell us down below :)

Regards,
MrCrazyDude115

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's not new idea - aka WarInc

WarInc isn't open world, WarInc is like Call Of Duty......we are planning an open world PvP thing. Once again, look up Arma 3 Wasteland and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Regards,
MrCrazyDude115

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
But still, you're using like 90% their code... if not 100%

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
But still, you're using like 90% their code... if not 100%

What do you mean? All I'm saying is making an emulator minus the zombies, and also adding in custom features of our own.

Harro
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Been gone for quite a while, and I'm back with some news.

My team's project Hunted MMO has been canceled because the team had to disband due to personal issues in real life and the team now only consists of me and one other DEV. However, lately we have decided to try and start up a new emulator, a PvP one! I personally learned that this is what the community wants and we will deliver.

QUICK NOTE: IT WON'T BE ANOTHER COPY AND PASTE EMULATOR! XD

Here comes the question though....

How would you guys like a PvP emulator WITHOUT zombies? Something similar to the Wasteland mod in the Arma series, but with more "WarZ" type PvP. There will be other ways to obtain XP, but what do you guys think of this idea as a whole?

Tell us down below :)

Regards,
MrCrazyDude115

I already started to do something like that a little far from done though thanks to my job.... But started doing Altis life from arma 3 had basics done such as harvesting weed, corn, and some other things.

But yeah good luck with you're idea and yea PVP is a big thing people want do a small map 5x5 with instant respawn in spot and don't lose items would prob get like 5000 online a day lol... :lol:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already started to do something like that a little far from done though thanks to my job.... But started doing Altis life from arma 3 had basics done such as harvesting weed, corn, and some other things.

But yeah good luck with you're idea and yea PVP is a big thing people want do a small map 5x5 with instant respawn in spot and don't lose items would prob get like 5000 online a day lol... :lol:

That sounds awesome man, good luck with your project :)
And about the PvP thing, we will actually have a big map and some small maps, a Battle Royale/Hunger Games mode, and more to be announced later on.

I don't think this idea is new, but do whatever floats your boat.

Yeah, others probably thought of it before but I think I am one of the few that are actually gonna do it, so yeah.

Regards,
MrCrazyDude115

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That sounds awesome man, good luck with your project :)
And about the PvP thing, we will actually have a big map and some small maps, a Battle Royale/Hunger Games mode, and more to be announced later on.

Yeah, others probably thought of it before but I think I am the only one that is actually gonna do it, so yeah.

Regards,
MrCrazyDude115

You literally acknowledged Syxn's comment, then said you're "the only one that is actually gonna do it..."

LOL?

Anyways, sounds like you need to take a new approach on how you take criticism. You have essentially suggested War Inc. Kill players for exp, no zombies. It's just a bigger map. War Inc was as open world as ISS, with the exception of cars. But you also don't have turrets in ISS. You can't demolish anything save for barricades in ISS, so are you going to change that? If so, you'd have to either reset your map often, or enable players to create buildings (probably in the form of a spawner, seeing as most devs here don't want to take the time to create an in-depth or even 'rust-esque' building system).

Not that I can blame them, although it would probably attract MANY more players than just Battle Royal servers. "Build your own fortresses" .

Anyways, you should check out Syxn's thread, it looks promising.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Vanity, thanks for the advice btw. Now to clear some things up:

YES, I DID NOTICE THAT SYXN'S SERVER WON'T HAVE ZOMBIES, THAT THOUGHT KINDA SLIPPED MY MIND WHILE I WAS WRITING THE PREVIOUS COMMENT....MY BAD XD

Anyways, sounds like you need to take a new approach on how you take criticism.

Um....I don't get what you mean, but ok XD

You have essentially suggested War Inc. Kill players for exp, no zombies. It's just a bigger map. War Inc was as open world as ISS, with the exception of cars. But you also don't have turrets in ISS.

We have decided to have radioactive areas around the map which will have WAYYYY higher loot, but also alot of zombies. The rest of the map will NOT have zombies, and to get EXP and money you need to kill players, then you can spend the money on cosmetics, armor, gear, meds, crafting supplies, building supplies (Yes :D), vehicle spawners, and some basic weapons.
or enable players to create buildings (probably in the form of a spawner, seeing as most devs here don't want to take the time to create an in-depth or even 'rust-esque' building system).

We do have a pretty basic building system right now: Gather building supplies and/or harvest supplies from trees, rocks, etc.... then craft the building spawner and left click to place it down (Same way you place down barricades). Buildings range from small sheds to medium-sized houses like the ones you see in towns, but of course all of that is subject to change, as more buildings will be added.

Not that I can blame them, although it would probably attract MANY more players than just Battle Royal servers. "Build your own fortresses" .

Our main gamemode will be sure to satisfy everyone's needs..... Not ready to share more information just yet though.

Regards,
MrCrazyDude115

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We have decided to have radioactive areas around the map which will have WAYYYY higher loot, but also alot of zombies. The rest of the map will NOT have zombies, and to get EXP and money you need to kill players, then you can spend the money on cosmetics, armor, gear, meds, crafting supplies, building supplies (Yes :D), vehicle spawners, and some basic weapons.

We do have a pretty basic building system right now: Gather building supplies and/or harvest supplies from trees, rocks, etc.... then craft the building spawner and left click to place it down (Same way you place down barricades). Buildings range from small sheds to medium-sized houses like the ones you see in towns, but of course all of that is subject to change, as more buildings will be added.

Our main gamemode will be sure to satisfy everyone's needs..... Not ready to share more information just yet though.

Regards,
MrCrazyDude115

Very pleased with your response to be honest.

Best of luck, if you ever post up a project thread, or beta your server I already have some suggestions you could then implement.

Just one thing - If people spam those (say, Caliwood size) houses, can they be destroyed? If not, you'll still see extreme some pretty large performance loss when your map is overpopulated with them.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just one thing - If people spam those (say, Caliwood size) houses, can they be destroyed? If not, you'll still see extreme some pretty large performance loss when your map is overpopulated with them.

We haven't really gotten to this point yet, but as of now they function like barricades, as in they will "explode" if shot at/meleed MANY MANY MANY times, but we haven't really found the balance we are looking for yet.
Best of luck, if you ever post up a project thread, or beta your server I already have some suggestions you could then implement.

Awesome! We don't have an E.T.A on when something like that will be up, yet.

Regards,
MrCrazyDude115

Master Summoner
Reaction score

How original you are. There's Rust and H1Z1, which are similar games, except that Rust does not have zombies, but both have all the features you said you were going to do.

Well, that's just my opinion. I hope that it makes success. Good luck.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How original you are. There's Rust and H1Z1, which are similar games, except that Rust does not have zombies, but both have all the features you said you were going to do.

Heheh Yeah, but I guess this is the "first" or atleast one of the first emulators to be like this.

Well, that's just my opinion. I hope that it makes success. Good luck.

f793
Reaction score
This has been done already and failed. People do still wanna kill zombies when there is none on the server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This has been done already and failed. People do still wanna kill zombies when there is none on the server.

Well we have already decided to have zombies in certain areas of the map.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
To me, It sounds more of a Wasteland idea from arma 3. It sounds like a good idea since i don't think that there are many emulators like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back