Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[discussion] HunZ source

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What is everyone's fort's of the Hunz source ?
i find it a very nice source things seem to work well with it and there was about 95% bug's fixed with the source to

i just dont see why there is not any emulator's useing it as the fps is great useing it and seem's very stable and takes so little system resource's to

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
prob because there is not tutorial on how to set it up and it has a few errors on compile and these servers now adays are too lazy to fix them or realize what good features are, they just use old butt thai v2 or doom source

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
But the truth is that noone is making emus with Doom source which was actually the best for tv2 emus. They are only using warzthv2 without even fixing the main bugs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the errors on compiling is a easy fix and i didnt find it hard to setup .

the only thing that i can think of that was a pain was fixing some of the crash's down to the skilltree gfx setup and some unable to bind bone Bone things in game but that was not hard to fix

just seems a shame i have been doing bits of work with it on a localhost and a cheap vps just for testing things
i love the zombies with the broken legs , and the animation's and everything they did and it had the best group system to be for the iss source

been looking into the anti cheat they added in to and got it working to

But the truth is that noone is making emus with Doom source which was actually the best for tv2 emus. They are only using warzthv2 without even fixing the main bugs.
i find the doom source to not be that good my self yes it has some good parts but its all about adding up what is best for each and every emulators

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
the errors on compiling is a easy fix and i didnt find it hard to setup .

the only thing that i can think of that was a pain was fixing some of the crash's down to the skilltree gfx setup and some unable to bind bone Bone things in game but that was not hard to fix

just seems a shame i have been doing bits of work with it on a localhost and a cheap vps just for testing things
i love the zombies with the broken legs , and the animation's and everything they did and it had the best group system to be for the iss source

been looking into the anti cheat they added in to and got it working to

i find the doom source to not be that good my self yes it has some good parts but its all about adding up what is best for each and every emulators

you overestimate this community. We all bash Hammerpoint for trying to steal money from people and being poop, but they are 100x better than most of the people here. Servers go up, take a few donations, break one thing dunno how to fix it cause they are to lazy to remember or learn what they did, and then well rip GenericZ v400. i dont think most of the people knows who created warzthv2 source, aomsin. There is a few elites in this section, and a lot of plebs. Not saying Im one of the elites since i only stay on the data side of things, but i know more than most. Its a shame to see this section in the state it is, it used to be thriving with new tutorials everyday , shared releases, people actually replying to help threads etc.. people dont care enough is what im trying to say

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you overestimate this community. We all bash Hammerpoint for trying to steal money from people and being poop, but they are 100x better than most of the people here. Servers go up, take a few donations, break one thing dunno how to fix it cause they are to lazy to remember or learn what they did, and then well rip GenericZ v400. i dont think most of the people knows who created warzthv2 source, aomsin. There is a few elites in this section, and a lot of plebs. Not saying Im one of the elites since i only stay on the data side of things, but i know more than most. Its a shame to see this section in the state it is, it used to be thriving with new tutorials everyday , shared releases, people actually replying to help threads etc.. people dont care enough is what im trying to say
yep he did a great job with warzthv2 and my codeing skills i wouldnt say are elite but i can get by with doing codeing my self just may take me a bit longer but i get there in the end and im all ways willing to help anyone that i can :)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello, im Amph main developer of HunZ :D

i know why anybody not use our source, because we heavily modified almost everything.
Yes we fixed many glitch, improved performance, we modified the database structure and the database api too.
We implemented many things like group system, vehicle. We fixed physx world, we optimized the rendering and fixed many memory leak in texture caching etc...

So we worked hard with this and build on the very early original source, so not compatible the original WarZ things and other source things..

And yes, we cant provide tutorial for everything, because all these work was done in 1 year...
We got sourcecontroll, maybe i can make it public if community needed, so commits maybe help to understand our works.

And we never got compiler error, this come maybe from repack :D
and yes SkillTree HUD is crashing, because we never wanna use the original "fucked" warz skilltre, so we started to implement our unique skilltree, but its not finished :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello, im Amph main developer of HunZ :D

i know why anybody not use our source, because we heavily modified almost everything.
Yes we fixed many glitch, improved performance, we modified the database structure and the database api too.
We implemented many things like group system, vehicle. We fixed physx world, we optimized the rendering and fixed many memory leak in texture caching etc...

So we worked hard with this and build on the very early original source, so not compatible the original WarZ things and other source things..

And yes, we cant provide tutorial for everything, because all these work was done in 1 year...
We got sourcecontroll, maybe i can make it public if community needed, so commits maybe help to understand our works.

And we never got compiler error, this come maybe from repack :D
and yes SkillTree HUD is crashing, because we never wanna use the original "fucked" warz skilltre, so we started to implement our unique skilltree, but its not finished :)

yep think the compiler errors may have been from getting repacked but it was easy to fix and the skilltree hud crash is only from missing gfx but i added the skilltree from the new iss source after takeing your's out and put in so you use the skilltree a bit like your's with f9 but just like how you add the shop in game for the newer source's but changed all the layout of the skilltree

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep, but this is not only layout change :D
We designed a totaly new skilltre, with new talents as you can see here:

ohh and i not mentioned, all of talents is globaly implemented on server side.
So basically the talent works in server side, can modify damage, loot, poison rate etc.. we implemented the packets for learn specify talent or delete specify talent and the learned talents is transfered to client when connecting, so on server side is almost everything is done (Only saving to database is missing i think, but the database structure is ready for use),but..

we never finished the client side things like scaleform functions, talent checks etc. This is why crashing...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep, but this is not only layout change :D
We designed a totaly new skilltre, with new talents as you can see here:

ohh and i not mentioned, all of talents is globaly implemented on server side.
So basically the talent works in server side, can modify damage, loot, poison rate etc.. we implemented the packets for learn specify talent or delete specify talent and the learned talents is transfered to client when connecting, so on server side is almost everything is done (Only saving to database is missing i think, but the database structure is ready for use),but..

we never finished the client side things like scaleform functions, talent checks etc. This is why crashing...

yep i saw all the new skills in the hud_skilltree.cpp
my codeing skill's are not that good thats why i have taken it out and put in just the normal skilltree
you's did a great job with it to like doing it so you can change the chat box size to all things like that make for a better game in the end

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score
The 'best source' isn't someone else's, it's one you make yourself.

The mentality of using someone else's code instead of doing all the programming yourself is why there's not very many successful servers out there. If you want to make something great, you actually have to make it and not pay someone else to do it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The 'best source' isn't someone else's, it's one you make yourself.

The mentality of using someone else's code instead of doing all the programming yourself is why there's not very many successful servers out there. If you want to make something great, you actually have to make it and not pay someone else to do it.
yes i see what your saying i have been working a lot with the original source vusion's release and coded in lockers , skilltree, cars, server renting , and did start with basebuilding but thats just a project im working on with some friends

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score
yes i see what your saying i have been working a lot with the original source vusion's release and coded in lockers , skilltree, cars, server renting , and did start with basebuilding but thats just a project im working on with some friends

That's good. But you should keep in mind that a game is not just features; a game is more than just how much crap you can put into a game from other popular games in the genre.

Remember that you should have a vision behind the game you are creating. Putting features in with no direction behind the features is never a good idea. That's advice that could be told to anyone working on a game though. Ripping off someone else's idea will result in your game looking no better than MineZombieZ: The Duel.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's good. But you should keep in mind that a game is not just features; a game is more than just how much crap you can put into a game from other popular games in the genre.

Remember that you should have a vision behind the game you are creating. Putting features in with no direction behind the features is never a good idea. That's advice that could be told to anyone working on a game though. Ripping off someone else's idea will result in your game looking no better than MineZombieZ: The Duel.
yes i have only been working on features that i feel will make it better for the game style im going for as it is we have fully redone zombie ai and more of a survival then pvp thats why im adding in basebuilding and so on along with we are building a map to the same size of california but all custom map not going to use any of hammerpoints maps , models , zombie's, sounds and the main owner is working on a solo project of adding in cry engine

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

That's because most people here are just average people. No developmental skills, etc. That's why most servers just have stuff from the release section, no custom poop, etc because they don't know how. People bash Hammer point because they are an ACTUAL company with an actual budget, etc.

Plus if emulators screw people over it's not that big of a deal, people can't really do anything because it's a private server, But when it comes to legitimately real companies like Hammerpoint that false advertise, lie, etc it is a larger problem.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's because most people here are just average people. No developmental skills, etc. That's why most servers just have stuff from the release section, no custom poop, etc because they don't know how. People bash Hammer point because they are an ACTUAL company with an actual budget, etc.

yes i get what your saying

and i didnt know the codexpo source is based on the hunz source lol
why did he has to mess up such a nice source and massacre it and it had part of a half good anti cheat and he has deleted it all for hack-shield wtf

im going to be releaseing a lot of things over the next day or two and its going to upset a lot of rage-zone members as they have payed out real money for it all i can say is more fall them

like how to add lockers into the alpha source , how to add other lockers into game and shields , how to add chat box change size , weather system , full group system for alpha source ,
how to add car's into the alpha source

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yes i get what your saying

and i didnt know the codexpo source is based on the hunz source lol
why did he has to mess up such a nice source and massacre it and it had part of a half good anti cheat and he has deleted it all for hack-shield wtf

im going to be releaseing a lot of things over the next day or two and its going to upset a lot of rage-zone members as they have payed out real money for it all i can say is more fall them

like how to add lockers into the alpha source , how to add other lockers into game and shields , how to add chat box change size , weather system , full group system for alpha source ,
how to add car's into the alpha source

it's all cool, but idk who use now alpha src. why - not stable. You correct DB and fixes crash, anticheat etc. - anyway they will be and more. After release I:SS src more people use that - this is more stable to work, work airdrops/terrain2 support/ custom maps/guns etc. Work LMS/Hardcore/BatlleRoyale mod. I think that's all not be worked on alpha.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it's all cool, but idk who use now alpha src. why - not stable. You correct DB and fixes crash, anticheat etc. - anyway they will be and more. After release I:SS src more people use that - this is more stable to work, work airdrops/terrain2 support/ custom maps/guns etc. Work LMS/Hardcore/BatlleRoyale mod. I think that's all not be worked on alpha.
im useing the alpha src but fixed all the bug's and leaks fixed a lot of cpu usage and ram usage as im running 20 colorado servers and 20 cliffside with only takeing 6% cpu and 11% ram usage not bad as its only a 20 cores 40 threads 2x @2.6ghz , 256gb ddr4 3 x 500gb ssd's

Back