Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Question about using custom models

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

Ok I have a question to ask you guys, if I buy these models and anims:

OR

Is it possible to use them in a WarZ emulator? and how hard to u think it might be? is it possible to assign the custom models the default WarZ anims if the custom ones don't have any?

Or maybe just simple static models like this, so I can use it as scenery

What is the level of difficulty for this?

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
yes. if you can get it into 3ds max you can get it in WarZ. Not very hard at all. Well, the character / zombie models will be a little more difficult but the bus is a matter of exporting it as sco and giving it .phx

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I will talk with my dev team, but adding the custom zombies is possible right? so possible, but hard?

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
To add physics open studio go to physics editor select your model and generate the meshes.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Can u get more detailed? Like Recook Vehicles just as "Mesh" or "Vertex" and some option above?

I'm sitting on this mess like 2 Day's, sometimes it works pretty good at all, and sometimes it's bitching me hard.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No you cant you need to do it with 3D Max and for that you need a plugin.

I need a plugin for 3Ds Max? Ok so I made a model in blender, I will export it and then I will load it into 3Ds Max, then what plugin do I need?

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
it has been roaming around on the forums for a long time now,
and seems like nobody reads.
Yes its possible to use own made (or downloaded) buildings/objects

NO. its not possible to use own made weapons/characters/armor/vehicles

why?
lets for example take a character.

we as people have bones in our body, these bones make sure your arm isnt just jelly hanging at your body.

the models you download from a website are sad, they dont have bones :( they are just jelly things

now if sombody was able to get the 3dsmax skeleton(virtual bones what make it possible for animation) for characters you would be able to make your own characters

if you have the wrong skeleton, this will happen:

MrCrazyDude115 - [Discussion] Question about using custom models - RaGEZONE Forums

jelly whatever that doesnt know what todo

i hope this makes it clear for you guys

this is useless, it cant be used as weapon in game cause the skeleton and FPS model are missing
weong. you dont need them

to show The Unknown why you need animation and FPS model for weapons:
Code:
000128.807|  AnimCSV: weapon MG_M249_SAW_Vet.dds does not have animation data
this error will popup if you dont have the Anim file for it

you have to declare this in Warz\data\animation\animation.csv
open this file with notepad++

NO you dont just drop it somewhere you need to carefull read where for example a rifle is declared

Animation failed to load:
MrCrazyDude115 - [Discussion] Question about using custom models - RaGEZONE Forums

Scope Good:

Scope Failure:
000414.109| r3dAnimData(FPS_Zoom_ASR_G36_Idle): unable to bind bone 1_SCope_Pose to skeleton data/ObjectsDepot/Characters/ProperScale_AndBiped.skl

Normal G36:

My CAMO G36:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back