Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Shattered Skies (New FreeReign Game)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
So, the developers that can't finish their games are releasing a new game called "Shattered Skies".

Same developers, according to a post by the Aftermath Facebook page "Artemis is involved in design, Sergey is producing and financing project.

They also claim to be using a new engine. Even though it looks like the same engine, and they have some objects used in previous games in their screenshots (lazy of them imo), what do you guys think about this "new" game?

The Unknown - [Discussion] Shattered Skies (New FreeReign Game) - RaGEZONE Forums

The Unknown - [Discussion] Shattered Skies (New FreeReign Game) - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Game packages are so wrong.... :sneaky2: Lets pay more so we can have a bigger GI

Harro
Reaction score
So now its not Zombie Survival its Alien Survival seems like someone is running out of ideas... least the map looks nice other then grass seems a little high.

Edit:
Looks like they have some art of what aliens may look like

(Look at BG)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Tbh their game will once again be hacked to bits, and tonns of bugs. I don't hold out hope tbh.

However good news for most of you guys more assets will become available to steal.
New characters, buildings and monsters... GG let's see if they can encrypt their bins a bit better than last time.

#Rename HACKERED SKIES

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If it is true that they use a new engine, 99% of people won't even be able to use it in an warZ game.

If it is true, I'd bet CryEngine or UE4.

Incorrect. A little converting and maybe some push or pull and anything is
possible. However knowing these guys they would have taken the easy option, therefore same engine.

if not then I wouldn't be worrying, assets will still become available.

Reaction score
Incorrect. A little converting and maybe some push or pull and anything is
possible. However knowing these guys they would have taken the easy option, therefore same engine.

if not then I wouldn't be worrying, assets will still become available.

I didn't say it's impossible. I said it's impossible for 99% of people in this section. Because they're just blindly copying and not reading / understanding things.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
not going to lie the game engine looks nice, but we all know it will be the same crappy game they have been trying to push for the last, what 5/6 years?.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
not going to lie the game engine looks nice, but we all know it will be the same crappy game they have been trying to push for the last, what 5/6 years?.

Those screens were probably made on ultra settings. Everything looks nice then, even ISS.

AcX

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Same Engine with SpeedTree, updated Shaders.

AcX

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm pretty dang sure thats the same Eternity Source what IIS used. Why would they take the effort, and Port all the stuff, when there is already a close to "decent" Engine for cheap licensing.

[...]"or registered trademarks of Free Reign Entertainment LLC or Arktos Entertainment Group LLC."

We all know what Engine Arktos is Licensing.:listen:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
And throw a little photoshop on the screens...:wink:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Source? It could also be another engine with ported models. You don't now that yet.

No new engine we all know its same engine

Update shaders
Update hud&frontend
Make some new models
Add some new features
Done new game.

aftermath,warz,warinc,world,burstfire,rotb

Back