Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Is Tv2 era over?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am wondering if there is anyone who still works on Tv2 emulator. I haven't seen any emu of that kind since a while and would be nice to play it. Its weird, but its been so long and i just can't leave WarZ... I still miss the old version of the game. And a lot of people do as well.
Do you think there is gonna be some emulators based on that source in the future or its already past?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hm i would say, t2 is mostly the same as t3. I managed it to tweak t3 that i looks basicly the same as t2. But noone is doing it in t3 emus.

Only problem is, that (iv you take v2 map) it just looks dump with these fancy looking mountains.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hm i would say, t2 is mostly the same as t3. I managed it to tweak t3 that i looks basicly the same as t2. But noone is doing it in t3 emus.

Only problem is, that (iv you take v2 map) it just looks dump with these fancy looking mountains.

Thats the thing. You will never get the same feeling on Tv3 source. Plus, there is that ugly high recoil in tv3 sources, bad optimization and ugly textures...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The laggs are comming from this fancy new stuff like hills/grass/farlayer-normalmaps/textures. We should find a way to combine the good old lightning with the cool mountain textures. Of course it will be easyer to use v2 terrain, but then you have to fix so mutch stuff, and thats why its rarely used.

Ive sayed to myself:"Iv hammerpoint dont want to give us the old feeling back then noone will"

See V1 Emus are populated until they patch in some poop that noone wants. And most players wont play unoffical games anyways.

I would give anything i have, to go back to good old times. When i look at dayz, i had sutch an intense gameplay few mintues ago, but it never reached the intense feeling i had in warz.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's not like people wont play unofficial game. They do not mind playing an emulator as long as it is a good one. And let's be honest here, we do not expect it to be populated with 500+ people.
And you are right, in tv2 you would have to fix some stuff, but i am sure that it is easy for most of the experienced people here. There is still so much potential in Tv2 source. That crappy, ugly colorado v2 which comes with that ugly high recoil and bad optimization gives me cancer.
I am still hoping for it to happen.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The Reason why no one is using the V2 Sources is as u already told u have to do some Fixes and V3 Have More Features Thx to Codex and Co for their work.... That's the main Reason why no one is Using V2 anymore its lack of the features .. But if I would relaunch any of my old Projects I would take a V2 made by DNC or the First Released Source...

And there is much more.. The most ppl here can't even get a V2 Source up or a V3 Source and cry for help for stuff that already got Solved like 200 Times just look in the Help section and Count how many 404 and 405 Error Help poop there is..

This is my view of the current state of the Ragezone WarZ Community

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, you are kinda right that
most ppl here can't even get a V2 Source up
. But even experienced people always choose tv3 over tv2.
And yes, tv2 has less features, but... Is that really a problem when you want to make old style game? There was no any extra mlg features back in the days and that's what some people are missing.
I think people are too much used to newz, where you have all these loadouts etc. It just makes the game a deathmatch style and this is what i hate.

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
Yeah, you are kinda right that . But even experienced people always choose tv3 over tv2.
And yes, tv2 has less features, but... Is that really a problem when you want to make old style game? There was no any extra mlg features back in the days and that's what some people are missing.
I think people are too much used to newz, where you have all these loadouts etc. It just makes the game a deathmatch style and this is what i hate.

yep,
but the skin crazy kids will just go there anyway... i mean cmon what is soo special about newz xD
nothing derp

in b4 haters come and yell
"u jelous since they are official and you not" lel

Back