Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Zombie survival games

Harro
Reaction score
I am curious i haven't been around ragezone in awhile and im wondering are people still interested in zombie survival games such as WarZ, H1Z1 etc?, and what are features you would like to see added that these games maybe don't have or they have but you would like it done differently.

Note: Not starting a server just curious.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I am still interested yes, but not in War Z anymore. I mainly play 7 Days to Die, and occasionally Miscreated. I have been playing both since very shortly after Steam release and they both still manage to keep my interest.

War Z on the other hand, I hardly consider it a survival game anymore with all the emulators that are out there. None of them are about survival, they're all about spawning with loads of "rare" guns and killing people. There is absolutely zero feeling of accomplishment.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Well for DeadZone our base building system is going to be a feature people are going to need to use in our survival game mode. Previous emulator's base systems in my opinion were lackluster. Zero "No build zones" (People can make a base in a town, camp, etc where they can block a building with a base and make it un enterable), a lack of lockable gates/doors to secure entrance to your base, and a lack of working base defenses for raid countermeasure. This gamemode there will be NO global inventory, and your loot must be stored VIA containers (which can be assessed, and loot stolen from if your base gets raided). Why? because it is something that gives players something to do, prevents people over bulking loot, and makes the game more fun (Imagine raiding a base with 500 snipers in it, welp, they are yours now, better hope your base defenses are good!). I plan on implementing a base socket system where walls can turn 90 degrees ONLY on a socket, but decorations are free place. We have also considered completely copying and editing the personal locker system and turning it into "Searchable Objects". Basically you would walk up to a fridge, for example and hold "E" and see what contents are inside the fridge. I personally hated every item in Infestation only being found on the ground, tables, etc. This opens the possibility to search dressers, lockers, stoves, counters, etc.

Another thing i want to do is remake the Harvesting Tool system and implement an Axe that can be used to chop down trees (With fall animation) so there would be no infinity hitting them with a fat bulk of repair kits like in Infestation, and each hit will for example give you 10 wood in your backpack. I also want to add pick axe that can be used to mine ore that disappears after a certain number of hits. These systems would be necessary for getting wood and stone + other possible ores for crafting, such as bases.

I have a bunch of other stuff but people will see that when DeadZone goes public :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well for DeadZone our base building system is going to be a feature people are going to need to use in our survival game mode. Previous emulator's base systems in my opinion were lackluster. Zero "No build zones" (People can make a base in a town, camp, etc where they can block a building with a base and make it un enterable), a lack of lockable gates/doors to secure entrance to your base, and a lack of working base defenses for raid countermeasure. This gamemode there will be NO global inventory, and your loot must be stored VIA containers (which can be assessed, and loot stolen from if your base gets raided). Why? because it is something that gives players something to do, prevents people over bulking loot, and makes the game more fun (Imagine raiding a base with 500 snipers in it, welp, they are yours now, better hope your base defenses are good!). I plan on implementing a base socket system where walls can turn 90 degrees ONLY on a socket, but decorations are free place. We have also considered completely copying and editing the personal locker system and turning it into "Searchable Objects". Basically you would walk up to a fridge, for example and hold "E" and see what contents are inside the fridge. I personally hated every item in Infestation only being found on the ground, tables, etc. This opens the possibility to search dressers, lockers, stoves, counters, etc.

Another thing i want to do is remake the Harvesting Tool system and implement an Axe that can be used to chop down trees (With fall animation) so there would be no infinity hitting them with a fat bulk of repair kits like in Infestation, and each hit will for example give you 10 wood in your backpack. I also want to add pick axe that can be used to mine ore that disappears after a certain number of hits. These systems would be necessary for getting wood and stone + other possible ores for crafting, such as bases.

I have a bunch of other stuff but people will see that when DeadZone goes public :D

So... basically ISS + Rust? I have 3000 hours in Rust and it's probably my all-time favorite game until the devs fucked it over, same with ISS so that sure does sound intriguing... If you guys make a discord or something then gimme link :D Also you probs shouldn't make loot TO HARD. I know, i know its your emu and your decision but if the loot is to rare then trust me there's noone left in the community of ISS that will play it.. Best of luck, though :)::thumbup1:

Reaction score

that sounds good but are you baseing it on a terrain2 or terrain3 source?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
So... basically ISS + Rust? I have 3000 hours in Rust and it's probably my all-time favorite game until the devs fucked it over, same with ISS so that sure does sound intriguing... If you guys make a discord or something then gimme link :D Also you probs shouldn't make loot TO HARD. I know, i know its your emu and your decision but if the loot is to rare then trust me there's noone left in the community of ISS that will play it.. Best of luck, though :)::thumbup1:

I've been trying to make it feel like H1Z1, and RUST while also having a unique game play aspect. in the base building aspect, it sorta feels like H1Z1. The ore farming, and raiding feels pretty close to rust honestly. I probably wont make loot to hard anyway, I've just been interested in decreasing overall gun spawns, sniper spawns, and having more organized loot. For example;

Broken down cars you can get metal, plastic, etc.
Civilian houses you can get food, clothing, etc
Army tents with army grade loot, etc.

that sounds good but are you baseing it on a terrain2 or terrain3 source?
TerrainV3 source, but with a few old forgotten features from TV2 with help from my brother ajaxi. I am using some things from TV2 one being their TERRAIN-OPTIONS specular setup, but modified and new code added for more realistic looking terrain textures like a ocean shore that is wet. Currently it uses 2 layers.

Layer 1= About 1 meter from edge of water outwards having high reflection (Wet looking)
Layer 2= After 1 meter, dry but slightly wet texture.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Me and @The Unknown are running separate projects if anybody is wondering. I just give him help when he needs it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've been trying to make it feel like H1Z1, and RUST while also having a unique game play aspect. in the base building aspect, it sorta feels like H1Z1. The ore farming, and raiding feels pretty close to rust honestly. I probably wont make loot to hard anyway, I've just been interested in decreasing overall gun spawns, sniper spawns, and having more organized loot. For example;

Broken down cars you can get metal, plastic, etc.
Civilian houses you can get food, clothing, etc
Army tents with army grade loot, etc.

TerrainV3 source, but with a few old forgotten features from TV2 with help from my brother ajaxi. I am using some things from TV2 one being their TERRAIN-OPTIONS specular setup, but modified and new code added for more realistic looking terrain textures like a ocean shore that is wet. Currently it uses 2 layers.

Layer 1= About 1 meter from edge of water outwards having high reflection (Wet looking)
Layer 2= After 1 meter, dry but slightly wet texture.

Sounds great, I will try it out for sure. Good luck

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Flying jumping :)
Of course this has nothing to do with survival, it's not DH
Would you like to know? PM

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score

just one dude...

profit of unreal engine is that you can get alot of assets , some for free, some for cash... but literaly everything is working for you at start which helps alot

If you gonna find lets say a rigged weapon in unreal store, it will work in any unreal game no matter what, thats the magic of it..

and thats why i slowly think about moving to unreal.. i mean cmon.. FULL PBR support... if you are a texture designer and cannot love this... then you are no texture designer at all xd

Last edited:
Reaction score
profit of unreal engine is that you can get alot of assets , some for free, some for cash... but literaly everything is working for you at start which helps alot

If you gonna find lets say a rigged weapon in unreal store, it will work in any unreal game no matter what, thats the magic of it..

and thats why i slowly think about moving to unreal.. i mean cmon.. FULL PBR support... if you are a texture designer and cannot love this... then you are no texture designer at all xd
yep ue4 is the way to go as been makeing my game on there for the last 6 months and will be going for steam release at the end of the year

DXpGskeW0AA5JeI - [Discussion] Zombie survival games - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back