Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Poll] Terrain v2 or Terrain v3

You prefer playing in terrain v2 (colorado v1) or terrain v3 (colorado v2)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just want to know if you prefer playing Colorado v1 (Terrain v2) or Colorado v2 with Terrain v3. Let me know it!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
TerrainV3 source wise. The older sources are very buggy and poop.

Harro
Reaction score
I think people just wanted old colorado as its not used anymore kinda like when we didn't have terrain v3 everyone wanted to have it on there server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Terrain v2. I know its more bugged and poop, but its waaay more fun. Lighting, recoil, fps, textures, everything. Its just better. But it need to be good Tv2 source, like the Doom MMO v1 had.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My own vision about it is that : Colorado v1 w/ Terrain V2 = The War Z, best period ever! Big streamers, a lot of players, you are happy when you loot pistols & mossbergs. Colorado v2 w/ Terrain V3 = Infestation, not the same game at all...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where is the exact point where resemble v2 and v3?

And where is the exact point where the two differ? Need answer please!
Would be very helpful!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Although the v2 terrain was used when infestation was very popular, I think v3 is still the best. Only because its the most stable.

Harro
Reaction score
Terrain v3 is just overall better looking people just want the original colorado because its not used by official game anymore and not many servers still use it and they want to re-live whatever memories they had of it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Although the v2 terrain was used when infestation was very popular, I think v3 is still the best. Only because its the most stable.
v2 terrain can be super stable and use a lot less system resource's along with better fps in game just start from the alpha code and fix all the memory lecks and just fix all the bugs then you have a good start for building a server so you can add groups , car's and so on

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
v2 terrain can be super stable and use a lot less system resource's along with better fps in game

Exactly. Tv3 is less stable than tv2 from what i have seen. All the crashes i get are only in tv3 emus. Sad that almost noone is making emus with tv2 instead of this crappy tv3

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Terrain v2. I know its more bugged and poop, but its waaay more fun. Lighting, recoil, fps, textures, everything. Its just better. But it need to be good Tv2 source, like the Doom MMO v1 had.
Hmm ? xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Exactly. Tv3 is less stable than tv2 from what i have seen. All the crashes i get are only in tv3 emus. Sad that almost noone is making emus with tv2 instead of this crappy tv3

Doesnt happen on my server after i recoded some parts of the terrain engine.
It used to random freeze / crashe before.
I pinpointed it down to Terrain3 Engine was launching a multi threaded G_Atlas update and waiting for it to finish, but was never finishing.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
v1(v2) by a mile. You can't just throw my life into a washing machine and expect me to love it anymore....

Back