Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question] Where can I buy a server PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Me and my team have been looking at some server hosting websites, and we have yet to find one that is good enough while maintaining a good price.

I see that many of you have your own emulators up and running, and I have one question to ask u, which server PC are u using? can u send me a link to the "Buy Now" page?

I was thinking about getting this:

But I am not sure if it's good enough, and I heard its in french, I don't know any french XD

Reaction score
online.net = 100% Scammers. They "forgot" to charge the amount for a Month, your Server gets Closed, you have to pay round about 30 to 90$ to "unlock" him, even if its not YOUR fault.

Hetzner <-- Best Price / Best Support, if u don't choose Hetzner, it's your fault. :D (My opinion,..)
ovh
Server4You

Just few companys.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hetzner <-- Best Price / Best Support, if u don't choose Hetzner, it's your fault. :D (My opinion,..)

I am having some problems with that website XD, It doesn't seem like u can get Windows Server 2008 R2, u can only get the 2012 one.

Reaction score
MentaL always suggests hostkey.com since they are affiliates if memory serves me correctly.
I've used them in the past and they have a solid support turn around time. Not that I needed after initial setup.
Can't hurt to check out the site.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
MentaL always suggests hostkey.com

Won't people have trouble connecting to my emu if the server is located in Russia or Netherlands and they live in the U.S? I don't live in the U.S, but I remember trying to connect to the Russian servers in ISS, just to test my connection, and they weren't that great.

Quick question, should I focus on a "VPS" or a "Dedicated Server" I noticed that many people refer to a server PC as a "VPS" here on the forums, when the system specs for a "VPS" are terrible! XD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are these good enough? Which one will be more of use if I release the emu and expect people to play it?

(THE POWER X6 ONE)

I am honestly not sure which one I should get from hostkey.com, the specs are either too low and cheap, or too high and expensive, nothing is just what we need.

Reaction score
KS-5B is also a solid cheap start. Only thing: No Windows.

U have to install eSXI as host, make it only reachable due to IPv6, and take the IPv4 IP that u get to your "Router" Virtual Machine (i use pFsense as example), to Create a LAN Network on 192.168.xxx.xxx to Route your Traffic for the Windows machine(s).

it's pretty "complicated" if u're not that good with Unix/FreeBSD/HyperSphere in general, but its sooooo cheap!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If u want it easy --> Grab the Server4You (Don't forget that the Windows License has extra costs when im right!)

If u want it cheap --> Grab the KS-5B and configure it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DNC
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If u want it easy --> Grab the Server4You (Don't forget that the Windows License has extra costs when im right!)

I will try to go with this one, cause I am not really a pro when it comes to setting up dedicated servers.

http://www.server4you.com/dedicated-server/proserver/

Which one do u think I should get? But before I do, I will look into the KS-5B. but for now, which one should I get from Server4You?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I recommend ovh all the way, and if you aren't ready for such a large server, go to

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
good, bad and I'm still using xertonia to vps :)

and Dedicated OVH
You saying that Contabo is crap? Meh
Well OVH is very good but xertonia or blazing host is just scam with their prices and bandwidth.

Reaction score
Xertonia is crap, it was crap, and will ever be 100% unserious shenanigans. I remember some HUGE problem's in 2013~ -->

Even this is just a "small" story - there is tons of it in German.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Xertonia is crap, it was crap, and will ever be 100% unserious shenanigans. I remember some HUGE problem's in 2013~ -->

Indeed.

Reaction score
You saying that Contabo is crap? Meh
Well OVH is very good but xertonia or blazing host is just scam with their prices and bandwidth.

no, I'm saying that I still use xertonia, because I still have balance there haha

and my OVH dedicated is he's great, except it has a lousy support -_-

yes, maybe i also had the same problem in 2013

I use xertonia just for my linux vps and OVH Dedicated 64gb to my server DeathZ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back