Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why RaGEZone has no rule against leechers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Well, I wanted to make this thread since I saw GigaToni's last post on RaGEZone.

I know this is a "hackers" forum but really, 45% of the total ragezone member count are actually people who know how to code. And the rest 55% members are those people that, if you allow me, ACT LIKE A BR
They are all like "oh how do I do that give me src or I leak your poop"

That really annoys me and started to annoy me since DNC's WarZ build. Giga was helping him, and then DNC claimed Giga's work as his own. Then, iKasu came and same story... Same ending, because RZ has no rule against leechers.

Now I ask you, MentaL or any other ADMIN -not a mod or sumthing-, why does RaGEZone allows leeching? Why make people that can actually improve a server a lot get out of RZ because a stupid witch leaked his work?
Sharing is caring, I know, but it is not if someone leaks your poop.

Enviado de meu GT-I9000B usando Tapatalk

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like if I ever leaked something in RZ without permission e.e

no, I mean you act like you know everything. What have you really done to effect this forum in a positive way? Sure, you've made a tutorial on how to setup a server with no database info, and its outdated. sorry, but I would consider you as a "BR".

Master Summoner
Reaction score
no, I mean you act like you know everything. What have you really done to effect this forum in a positive way? Sure, you've made a tutorial on how to setup a server with no database info, and its outdated. sorry, but I would consider you as a "BR".

Well, I know little bits of code but I don't know everything. Also, you reminded me to update my tutorial :p

Sorry but I came up with tutorials and stuff, but if Giga's mysql was up I would make a repack (a term used for different wow server builds)

Harro
Reaction score
I agree about leaking but i don't really see anything like this happening.. as for leeching every community has it there is really no real way to stop it, the poster of the content should know and understand who hes releasing his work to if you don't want leechers simply do a PM me for this or include a password in the rar and give it to those who you think deserve it or what not.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Like if I ever leaked something in RZ without permission e.e

Implying you need PERMISSION to leak stuff?
How do you think server files got leaked? Someone approached the developer and went like:"Hey I hacked your server files, may I please have your permission to post it all over the interwebs?"?

Apart from that you miss the entire point of RaGEZONE.
As it might be based of providing leaked out server files and stuff, the actual point of RaGEZONE is sharing, developing and learning. (at least it has always been in my point of view)

If you release something and don't want it to be leeched, make it idiot-proof. I've seen many people do this when releasing sources or even simple php scripts.
But in the end we release stuff to help develop the status of a game's development, teach other people how to do cool stuff or simply to show what you've been working on the past time.

Besides, this 'leeching' you speak of is nothing more than a user downloading a file provided by another user. If you don't want that to happen just think twice about releasing something.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fucked up bro,
My views on this is,
If someone helped someone else out on build whatever then they release it as their own... then technically it is there own as they started the whole thing. You could give credit to the guy that helped you out if YOU want to. There's no rule in you having to or not.
If you've released something to the public and someone downloads in and fixes some bugs and/or adds something to it, then re-releases it as their own then that's wrong because it's not theirs it's a fixed version of someone else's.

But yeah, YOLO SWAGGINS MCMUFFINS

Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It was never Ragezone's fault, in any way. It was their choice to work on this side of the internet, so it's also their responsibility to deal with whatever comes. It's like a game you have to be cautious. You can't protect your property? Sorry for you. They're just being immature for leaving RZ with that reason.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I wanted to make this thread since I saw GigaToni's last post on RaGEZone.

I know this is a "hackers" forum but really, 45% of the total ragezone member count are actually people who know how to code. And the rest 55% members are those people that, if you allow me, ACT LIKE A BR
They are all like "oh how do I do that give me src or I leak your poop"

That really annoys me and started to annoy me since DNC's WarZ build. Giga was helping him, and then DNC claimed Giga's work as his own. Then, iKasu came and same story... Same ending, because RZ has no rule against leechers.

Now I ask you, MentaL or any other ADMIN -not a mod or sumthing-, why does RaGEZone allows leeching? Why make people that can actually improve a server a lot get out of RZ because a stupid witch leaked his work?
Sharing is caring, I know, but it is not if someone leaks your poop.

u r awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back